378 A Genius of the Sect
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the experience of sitting in the other room for several hours, Mei Chao Bing turned to the side and leaned against the door frame, not wanting to disturb Yan Hong Min. In any case, this time, the adjustment should be quite a bit smaller. At the very least, that was what he thought.

Time slowly passed by and Mei Chao Bing realized that he had been thinking too simply. Clearly, this matter wasn’t as easy as he had thought. He didn’t dare to look too closely at what Yan Hong Min was doing though, fearing that it might disturb him if he was being observed and set him back even further.

By now, the light that fell in through the windows in the rooms and made its way even out into the corridor next to him was fading, receding step by step. Soon enough, night would fall. He could hardly believe that a whole day had gone by but this was indeed the case.

It made him wonder how things were in the border region by now. If he could, he would’ve liked to rush back there. Leaving Yun Bei Fen alone for so long, and leaving the Elders and the other disciples without the information he had gained from the black warrior just seemed wrong. But then, before getting the information from the other disciples back here at the Teng Yong Sect also wouldn’t do.

No, they needed all the information they could get. And if this device that Yan Hong Min was making actually worked, and his plan had a chance of being seen through until the end, then it would be worth it to take some more time. Still, he really hoped that Yan Hong Min would finish soon.

It still took another one or two hours before Yan Hong Min finally sighed and put his newly-adjusted device down. "Alright, that’s done. You still need the materials from the other sects though. Then, we can go and try it out."

Mei Chao Bing turned back to him and cupped his fists. "Thank you very much, senior martial brother Yan. Without you, this wouldn’t be possible."

Yan Hong Min straightened up, grabbed the device again, and rose to his feet. "Well, that’s a given. In the Teng Yong Sect, when it comes to being a genius, clearly, I’m the first."

Mei Chao Bing smiled, not sure what to say to that. Yan Hong Min … was quite cocky. Then again, when it came to creating this kind of device, he also felt that he might have a point. He didn’t know anybody else who could do this. Maybe some other disciples had this kind of ability, but it probably wasn’t the same degree.

Yan Hong Min actually waited for some more praise but as it turned out, Mei Chao Bing was staying just as silent as his first senior martial brother. He sighed but then went over to him and patted his shoulder. "Well, let’s go immediately then." In this case, he was quite excited to see whether it would really work. So naturally, he couldn’t just let him go and do this alone.

Mei Chao Bing nodded and then followed him out of the house and over to the Sect Master’s palace. To think that he was back here now with another person after he had been told to go and rest … He could imagine that the Sect Master would have a word or two to say about that. But then, resting really wasn’t something that he had the leisure to do right now.

Zhang Guan Yu was in his study when the two of them walked inside. Some of the Elders had already sent back reports regarding what they and some of their disciples remembered so he had started to go through them.

Just like Mei Chao Bing, he didn’t want to lose any time. Even though it might not make much of a difference if he did these things this evening or tomorrow morning, he’d still rather be prepared.

If there was something important in these that could be used, then he’d rather compile that information immediately. That way, they might have at least a few more hours to prepare for their counterattack. In this situation, who knew if that wouldn’t make the difference between winning or losing?

When Mei Chao Bing and Yan Hong Min walked in side-by-side, he raised his brows. "It seems that you were up to something while you were gone, Ah Bing. Did you have time to rest?"

Mei Chao Bing smiled faintly and then motioned at Yan Hong Min. "I thought of something that might be worth trying out. There is a prerequisite though so I went to senior martial brother Yan to ask whether he could help with that." Turning to Yan Hong Min, he faintly raised his brows and motioned at the device. "Senior martial brother Yan is actually better able to explain this to Sect Master Zhang."

Yan Hong Min smiled brightly and immediately rushed over to sit in front of Sect Master Zhang, explaining the original device he had given Luo Lin and then also the prototype he had made today.

Zhang Guan Yu’s eyes twitched when he listened to him talk like this, and he couldn’t help but wonder if this was really safe. He had heard some stories in the past about the things that Yan Hong Min was regularly inventing. And while he was somebody that was usually up for a lot of fun, he also knew that the kind of fun that Yan Hong Min was often up to would finally end with a couple of quarreling Elders in his palace so he was a bit worried. "This device of yours … will it really work as intended?"

Yan Hong Min’s expression turned blank when he realized that the Sect Master didn’t quite believe him. He had already explained so much, did he still not get it?

Mei Chao Bing realized that things weren’t looking good and hurriedly took a seat as well. "Sect Master Zhang surely read the report that said that Luo Lin was able to find senior martial brother Shen. It was all thanks to the original device that senior martial brother Yan devised.

"While this one has not been tested yet, it works the same way so I don’t think that there should be a problem. Even if it isn’t perfect yet because senior martial brother Yan didn’t have enough time to work on it, it should at least give us a bit of an advantage."

Zhang Guan Yu nodded, feeling that, in a way, this was also true. "Well, in that case, we should really give this a try. There is still some time until Mei Chao Bing needs to return so if there’s something off, maybe you will have enough time to make some adjustments."

Yan Hong Min immediately cheered up again. It seemed that the Sect Master wasn’t doubting him, he was just too surprised that he was this much of a genius that he could make something like this in a day. That, he definitely could get behind. It would need some time for the Sect Master to get used to the thought.

2