410 Still Asleep
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing felt that he shouldn’t have asked. Really, if you weren’t ready to receive any kind of answer, it was better not to be too curious.

Well, despite blue butterfly just eyeballing the distance, she also had several centuries of experience so the results shouldn’t be too bad. After walking for a couple of minutes, she stopped and turned to Mei Chao Bing. “Look out there, does it seem familiar?”

Mei Chao Bing wanted to ask how he was supposed to look out when he noticed that a window had appeared next to them. His brows twitched but he still pushed it open to look out. As a result … he indeed saw a familiar scene.

He tried not to think too much and just turned back to blue butterfly. “The town where our Teng Yong Sect has its camp isn’t far away.”

“Which direction?”

He pointed over there and even gave her the approximate distance.

Blue butterfly nodded, motioned for him to close the window, and continued walking. After a couple of steps, she stopped again, turned to the side, and opened a door that had appeared just as mysteriously as the window before. Then, she motioned at Mei Chao Bing to come closer.

He didn’t know why but he had a bad feeling about this. But no matter what he thought, this person was still the guardian of an allied sect, and currently, whether they would get any answers or not relied on her. Who was he to resist? Thus, he could only walk over and keep a wary eye on her.

Blue butterfly took exception to the way he was looking at her. “What’s with you? Before this, even though you weren’t as talkative as that little junior of yours, you were at least nice to look at. Now he’s gone and you’re turning into this. Have I done anything to you?”

Mei Chao Bing wanted to explain but at that moment, she already pushed him out of the door. He tumbled down, not having expected to be hit with the same violent farewell twice, and tumbled to the ground. When he looked up, he only saw the black warrior appear from thin air, but blue butterfly stayed hidden.

Tong Chen smiled. “When it comes to Long Shu Fen, you always have to expect these kinds of things. Don’t take it to heart. That’s just how she is. After a while, she’ll probably trust you to do it on your own.”

Mei Chao Bing sighed. In a way, he should probably be happy to be treated like everyone else once in a while. It was just … how come it finally happened in this kind of situation?

In the end, he could only sigh and accept his fate. When wanting to be normal, you also couldn’t pick and choose when it would apply to you. In the future, if he wanted a life like that, he should better get used to it.

“Well, then how about I bring senior black warrior over to meet the Elders first? Or would it be inconvenient to be seen?”

Tong Chen smiled. “You want to hide four guardians from the Elders of our sect? I’m afraid not even I have that kind of ability. No, let’s not bother and just go there directly to explain.”

Mei Chao Bing could only smile wryly. Actually, he also didn’t think they would be able to hide it but he had still figured it would be better to ask the black warrior’s opinion. After all, he didn’t know too much about the workings of the guardians.

Bringing the black warrior over to the courtyard where Elder Baili stayed, his gaze couldn’t help but drift over to the door to Yun Bei Fen’s room. Was he still asleep and maybe having normal dreams again? Or had he also woken up after being thrown out of his own dream by blue butterfly and then been unable to fall back asleep? Actually, it had only been a day since they saw each other even out here but he still wanted to see him.

The black warrior might not be able to see but just as he had said, he had a keen intuition. “There should be two Elders here. After you go and get the second one, you should go and take a rest.” His meaning was naturally to go and meet up with his lover but he wasn’t like Long Shu Fen who enjoyed making fun of juniors. Instead, he could only say it like this.

Mei Chao Bing was startled out of his thoughts but finally gave a hum. Anyway, that ‘rest’ could only take a few moments anyway. After all, blue butterfly wouldn’t need long to get the other two guardians and the black warrior surely wouldn’t need long to inform the two Elders of what was going on and about to happen.

He’d likely only have time to tell Yun Bei Fen that he was back and that things were about to become even more interesting. But then, every moment together was precious. Thinking of that, he went over to knock on Elder Baili’s door.

Right now, it was the early morning hours. Baili Chao had still been asleep a few minutes ago but at his level, the spiritual sense could operate even when you weren’t conscious. Thus, he had noticed that somebody strong was approaching and woke up. Now, that person was in his courtyard.

He had just been wondering whether he should be ready to attack when there was a knock on the door. As for the person outside … He opened the door with a suspicious look, only to find Mei Chao Bing standing there.

He blinked his eyes, feeling that he couldn’t quite understand what was going on. “You’re back already?”

Mei Chao Bing shook his head. “I brought somebody over. I’ll go and tell Elder Xing as well.” With that, he stepped to the side, motioning toward the presence Elder Baili had originally felt.

Looking at him … Elder Baili felt that he still had to be asleep.

1