440 The Death of the Guardians
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They arrived back at the border region in just a few minutes and Zhi Guan got off just like he had before. At this point, blue butterfly wasn’t surprised any longer and just let him go.

She didn’t bother getting out herself and instead hightailed back to the Teng Yong Sect, rushing over to Tong Chen’s platform and sitting down in the lotus position in front of him. “Something is wrong with that Zhi Guan disciple.”

Tong Chen’s brows slowly rose. “I assume you don’t mean that there’s something wrong with him because he likes ‘playing with swords’, would you?” That was definitely something she had said to him quite often so he wouldn’t be too surprised if this was also her opinion on Zhi Guan.

Blue butterfly wildly shook her head. “No! That is definitely not it. Do you have any idea where he asked me to bring him to forge that weapon?”

Tong Chen sighed, feeling that she really wasn’t making things easier for herself. “Shu Fen, if you want my opinion on something, then get out with it immediately. Don’t play these guessing games with me. I might be a seer, but I also don’t know everything. I’m not omniscient.”

Blue butterfly clicked her tongue but then started to tell him what had happened.

Tong Chen’s brows drew further and further together, the more details he got. “Going to the southern chasm to train isn’t necessarily unheard of. To be honest, if it wasn’t for our personal story with that place, I might also want to go and give it a try. So I can definitely get behind that.

“As for forging the weapon there, it’s a gamble. It can result in a very good weapon, but it can also end in disaster. The biggest problem is probably that the chances are high that you will be attacked. But then, he kept his own weapon close by so he was probably prepared for that.”

“Yes, but honestly, I’m not even that shocked anymore about the southern chasm. That’s old news by now. What I really don’t get is how he interacted with my dreamscape in that way. Do you really think he might have an ability of his own as well? I mean, how likely is that?”

Tong Chen kept quiet for a moment but then shook his head. “You’re right. It’s completely unlikely, even downright impossible. While it is something that should be checked, I honestly don’t think that that is what is going on with him.

“He … I’m not sure how to say this but he seemed different. In that fight with that Shen Lei before, the precision he showed was something that not many disciples have. Clearly, the two are of an older generation than the others but at the end of the day, they are still disciples. Even though they might have the ability to become Elders already, they would still be counted as young ones. That is not necessarily the type of person I would expect to have that kind of focus.”

Blue butterfly nodded, also feeling that this was the case. In fact, when it came to such things as focus, they were like one’s comprehension ability. To a large degree, you were just born with it. Of course, you could train and practice for years to get better but there was only so much that you could do. She didn’t think that mere practice could explain what Zhi Guan had done. No, he had to have been born with an astounding focus in the first place.

She rubbed her forehead, took a deep breath, and then exhaled slowly. “That Baili Chao of your sect really has a unique sight if he is able to pick up disciples like that. What do you know about his second disciple?”

Tong Chen gave a hum but had to shake his head. “Truth be told, I don’t know much about any of the disciples in the sect. Before today, I hadn’t even met that Zhi Guan. Mei Chao Bing is one of the few disciples I met before.” That was also only because Sect Master Zhang had brought him over the previous day. “As for other disciples, I haven’t really gone out so I can’t say much. Unless the Sect Master mentions it, there is really no way for me to know about them. But if you want me to, I could call him over to see if he can tell us anything.”

Blue butterfly thought for a moment but then shook her head. “No, let’s not do that. At the very least, let’s not do so while I’m here. You also know how the sects are. They don’t like us to interact. If they knew that the four of us met up for the whole night without anybody being aware, I’m afraid they would only get more persistent in keeping us away from each other. I really don’t want to see that happen.”

Tong Chen smiled. “You were always so free-spirited. I admire that. It’s a pity we’re not as free as we used to be. Well, after this is over, maybe it won’t matter anymore.”

Blue butterfly raised her brows at that. “What do you mean?”

Tong Chen gave a hum and finally sighed. “I didn’t say much before because I didn’t want the three of you to panic but I had visions that seemed to concern us. Originally, I thought they might mean that the four of us would perish in this fight.”

Blue butterfly’s eyes widened at once and she almost leaped to her feet.

Tong Chen reached out and grabbed her arm, shaking his head. “Don’t. I got it wrong. I know that now. I think what I saw was not our literal death but a metaphorical one.

“When this fight ends, will the four guardians of the big righteous sects still be needed? Would we still need to be kept here on these platforms? I don’t think so. I think that whatever will happen in this fight, it will change the world that we know in a way that will set us free. So really, it’s a good thing.”

0