454 Don’t Tell Anyone
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon enough, whether it was Tong Chen or Mei Chao Bing, they both reached the right state to enter the dreamscape and were pulled in by blue butterfly. With that, the three people left the house under the watchful gaze of Zhi Guan while the other three were still thinking about the abilities of Luo Lin and Yun Bei Fen.

Shen Lei was the one who spoke up first. “I’m afraid there isn’t much we can do about the abilities of the two of you for the time being. The guardians will only be back by nightfall so for now, let’s go and inform the Elders of everything and then join the others. Even though it seems that we have kind of gotten our very own special task, we still can’t leave everyone else hanging.”

The others nodded and then went out of the room, going to the one next door to see if Elder Baili was in. At this time, it was pretty early so they indeed managed to catch him before he could go out and take care of his tasks for the day.

Seeing Shen Lei and his three disciples, one of which was still glowing faintly, Baili Chao had a rough guess that something had happened once again. He sighed and then just waved for them to come in, find a seat, and tell him what was going on.

Since Zhi Guan was the one who had been there for everything, he took over telling their Master. After a moment’s hesitation, he even added in the fact that he was able to see blue butterfly’s dreamscape. He was still worried about how their Master would take it but, at the end of the day, he’d rather their Master knew.

By the end of it, Elder Baili could only sigh deeply. “I always said that I picked up my disciples by following fate. I don’t know if my fate is a strange one but I guess it is what it is. Well, who wouldn’t like their disciples to be a bit special? Anyway, this is finally a good way of special.”

Yes, compared to the trouble that they had made in the past with Luo Lin constantly hooking up with new men, causing fights to break out in the Teng Yong Sect left and right, Zhi Guan wanting to duel every person he saw carrying a sword, Yan Hong Min playing pranks on everyone and trying out those inventions of his, as well as Yun Bei Fen not getting anything no matter what he tried to teach him, he was actually quite happy with this development. At the very least, it was bound to make less trouble for them in the future.

Although … He also knew what kind of status the four guardians had. So maybe for his disciples, it would be better if they weren’t in this position. He really didn’t want to imagine what kind of outcry it would cause when this came out.

For the time being, there was the war in the border region. Everyone was focused on that so nobody would think too much. In fact, having two people with an ability and one person with some kind of special skill on their side would be a good thing that everyone would rejoice about. After all, this might secure their victory.

But after the war ended, people would start to look more closely and they would notice that these people were all disciples of the Teng Yong Sect. Needless to say, the other three sects wouldn’t like that. And he was pretty certain that they wouldn’t just let this go. No, they would definitely make trouble for his disciples.

Elder Baili rubbed his forehead when he thought of that and then gave his three disciples a deep look. “Alright, you listen to me now: The four guardians know about this but they won’t tell anyone else about this. Neither should the three of you.

“I’m your Master so naturally I won’t make things difficult for you but the same can’t necessarily be said about everyone else. Elder Xing already knows some parts so we can’t keep this from him but you don’t necessarily need to tell him all the news. Actually, just let me talk to him. I’ll make something up.”

Yun Bei Fen looked at his Master in surprise. He had never seen Elder Baili lie in the past or, at the very least, he had never caught him in a lie. For him to suddenly blatantly tell them that he would lie to Elder Xing was strange to him. But looking at the other three disciples, it seemed that nobody had a problem with this so he kept quiet about it.

Anyway, he didn’t need the others to tell him that he was not able to get all the implications of this. He didn’t understand what the problem with the situation of the four guardians was and he also wasn’t sure if he wanted to know. For the time being, his ability only seemed to be an idea so maybe things would be different in the future anyway. But no matter what it was, he would trust his Master and his senior martial brothers.

There was a heavy silence in the room before Elder Baili put his hands on the table, exhaled deeply, and then got to his feet. “Well, if we don’t want anybody else to know about this, I’m afraid you’ll have to pretend that everything is alright. So go and join the others in what they are doing.”

Baili Chao stopped halfway up and couldn’t help but turn to his third disciple, his expression turning wry. “Well, everyone but Ah Lin, of course. You definitely can’t leave the house like this. You do me a favor and just stay in your room. Practice whatever you can I guess and see if you can come up with something until the guardians return.”

Luo Lin pursed his lips and then very reluctantly turned to Shen Lei, wrapping his arms around his neck. “It seems like we won’t be able to spend the day together.”

Shen Lei narrowed his eyes and hugged Luo Lin’s waist, pulling him closer. “There’s still the option for me to pretend that my injuries aren’t well yet. And looking at how your first copied ability works, maybe he will need me there to practice.”

Elder Baili looked at the two of them and then motioned at the door. “I don’t care what you’re doing, just get out of the room to do it.”

Luo Lin pursed his lips but then still skipped out of the room, pulling Shen Lei along.

Yun Bei Fen watched the two of them leave and then turned to Zhi Guan. “So … are we going to join everyone else?”

Zhi Guan wanted to nod at first but finally shook his head. “No, but I think there is something else we could do. We will need to grab a few of the others though.” Anyway, he knew his strengths and weaknesses. When it came to things other than sword arts, while he wasn’t an idiot and had a rudimentary understanding, there were better people to ask around. It was just that it might be difficult to have them help when he wasn’t able to tell them about everything else. But then, he would figure that out somehow.

0