464 The Three Modes of Awesomeness
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the three disciples over there were trying to figure out what Yun Bei Fen’s ability might be, Mei Chao Bing was visiting Yun Bei Fen’s second senior martial brother over at the Teng Yong Sect.

Yan Hong Min gave him a fierce look as soon as he saw him after opening the door. “You really took your sweet time! Did you think I would need this long?”

Mei Chao Bing’s lips twitched, not sure how to explain himself. Actually, he hadn’t been at the sect at all so, naturally, he wouldn’t have been able to come earlier. But then, this was something that wasn’t that easy to explain and even though this person was Yun Bei Fen’s senior martial brother, he still didn’t think that he should mention this at the sect at all. Thus, he could only pretend it had been his own fault. “I’m sorry about that. It definitely wasn’t my intention to make you feel that I didn’t trust in your ability. To be honest, something else came up. Anyway, does this mean that you finished everything?”

Yan Hong Min pursed his lips and reluctantly let him in, going back to his study. He wordlessly picked up something lying at the side and handed it to Mei Chao Bing. “It’s the improved version. I guess I could do something better with more time and a few more tests but, for the time being, this will have to do.”

Mei Chao Bing studied what was in his hands. It looked a bit like a flower, one that had folded up its petals at night to protect itself against the cold. He raised his brows and then looked at Yan Hong Min questioningly. With the previous version, even though it had looked pretty clunky, he had at least known how to use it. Now, he wasn’t sure and he was afraid to give it a try randomly. The thing looked rather delicate after being upgraded.

Yan Hong Min also raised his brows, not understanding what Mei Chao Bing was waiting for. “What are you doing? Just imbue your spiritual energy!”

Mei Chao Bing still wasn’t quite clear on how this was supposed to work but since Yan Hong Min didn’t seem worried about his device, he simply did as he was told. He didn’t know where exactly to insert it but as soon as he used his energy, it directly flowed to a small depression at the bottom of the device that Mei Chao Bing hadn’t even seen before.

One by one, the petals of the flower unfurled, making it look like four small plates next to each other with one stacked on top in the middle. He could feel that there were a few more bunched up behind the rest, but they hadn’t unfurled along with the rest and he didn’t know how to make them so he ignored them for now. Instead, he looked at what was being shown on the petals that were already there.

Just like before, it seemed that each person with spiritual energy was shown as a dot. There was a bright yellow one in the middle, that should represent him. Next to it was still a small white dot that was probably Yan Hong Min. The next ones were a little further away. All of them were white, likely corresponding to the disciples of their Teng Yong Sect.

Mei Chao Bing looked up and nodded. “It does look a lot more convenient than the old version. How do I detect the disciples of other sects with this though?” Before this, he had needed to use something that stored the same energy as the person he wanted to find. Now, he couldn’t see a way to do that.

Yan Hong Min smiled brightly and shook his head. “You don’t have to do anything!” He reached out and tapped the underside of the device, his eyes glittering. “I imbued traces of the spiritual energy used by the four great righteous sects, as well as whatever we had from the demonic sects.

“I can’t promise that you will be able to detect all of them but there is no need to worry about that. People with spiritual energy that can’t be categorized will still show up. They simply won’t have a specific color assigned.”

Mei Chao Bing nodded and then looked at the dots shown on the device again. “So, how exactly will people show up on this?”

“Oh, that will depend on which mode you are using.” With that, Yan Hong Min took the device from him and turned it around. Below, there were several depressions, one of which was currently covered by a small crystal.

Yan Hong Min tapped on the crystal with a smug expression. “There are three modes overall. Since we’re currently in a righteous sect, I naturally used the setting for the righteous sects. When using this one, people from the righteous sects will be categorized for you.

“They will show up in four different colors, namely white for our Teng Yong Sect, blue for the Zhen Yan Sect, red for the Li Ren Sect, and green for the Jian Chu Sect. Everyone else will show up in violet. That could be people of all the other righteous sects or of the demonic sects.”

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows, wondering how exactly Yan Hong Min had assigned those colors. They … didn’t seem to make much sense as if he had just randomly picked one. Considering that there was the red priest in the Zhen Yan Sect, shouldn’t that sect be shown in red? And the disciples from blue butterfly’s Jian Chu Sect … why were they shown in green? He really would have liked to bring it up but Yan Hong Min wasn’t waiting for his feedback and simply continued his demonstration.

He took out the crystal and then plugged it into another one of the depressions before turning the device around again. After imbuing his spiritual energy, there was still the same yellow dot in the middle but the white one had been replaced with a violet one.

“This is the setting for the demonic sects. They will also have different colors for everyone who is from a sect that I had a sample for. I do have a list in case you want to check. Anyway, everyone else will once again show up in violet. So, that could be people of other demonic sects or people of the righteous sects like you, in this case.”

He looked at the display and then poked the spot in the middle. “Right, the yellow one is always the person imbuing the spiritual energy. I figured that that would help with clearing up where you currently were.”

Mei Chao Bing nodded, feeling that this was indeed helpful. “So, if I wanted to find a righteous disciple among demonic practitioners, how would I go about that how?” Because right now, there was a good chance that he would run into a group of demonic practitioners where he couldn’t identify half. That wouldn’t help much.

Yan Hong Min smiled and turned the device back around, plugging the crystal into the last depression. “Glad that you asked because that is precisely what my last mode is for. I thought of everything in this version, you can rest assured!”

0