466 Just Some Last Minute Changes
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing took some time for appearance’s sake and then suggested assigning all red hues to the demonic sects while assigning the blue and green hues to the righteous side’s sects so that they would be easy to distinguish at a glance. As for the spiritual energy of unknown affiliation … well, there wasn’t a good way to go about it so he finally settled on white since it was easy to tell apart from both factions.

His suggestion was logical so Yan Hong Min had nothing to complain about and immediately got to work, changing the color settings one by one.

Mei Chao Bing nodded and almost wished that he was in the border region so he could give it a try. Still, he trusted Yan Hong Min far enough that it would work the way he said at least so he didn’t ask for any tests. He did, however, not hold back with his feedback.

“You really worked hard, senior martial brother Yan. With this, I am sure that all the disciples in the border region will be able to work with this easily no matter how short the introduction is. Although …”

Yan Hong Min raised his gaze to him, feeling apprehensive. How come this guy had so many opinions? Could it be that there was something else he didn’t like about his invention?

Mei Chao Bing smiled apologetically when he saw his gaze. “Well, I’m just thinking that we might have to use this on the run so I am a bit worried about how the modes are set. I do think distinguishing between those three is a good idea but what if somebody dropped the crystal? Also, we won’t have time to turn the device around and look at which mode is which.

“Do you have a way to make it so that the crystal doesn’t have to be removed completely and stays connected to the device the whole time while still allowing for the modes? Maybe also one that somehow sets the modes apart?”

Yan Hong Min pursed his lips. Actually, he had nothing to complain about Mei Chao Bing’s complaint now that he heard it. How hateful!

He looked at the device in his hands and turned it around, thinking about the suggestion. He could potentially shape the crystal into another form so that it could be inserted before the device was closed but then not taken out? Then for the modes to work … align them in a triangle maybe? Or a line perhaps?

He ignored Mei Chao Bing, put the device down, and grabbed a piece of paper, making a few notes and drawing at the side. He didn’t want to have to redo all of it after he fixed this so he’d better think about it carefully. While he was at it, he suddenly looked up. “Eh.”

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows. “What’s the matter?”

“Well, what else do you have to say? Don’t just let me fix them one by one. Get it out with now so I can plan better.”

Mei Chao Bing gave an embarrassed smile. “That … I don’t think there is more? Well, you didn’t explain what the other petals were for yet.”

Yan Hong Min froze for a moment and then realized that there was indeed such a thing. He sighed and then got up, walking back to Mei Chao Bing’s side with the device. “Well, let me show you.”

Yan Hong Min pressed on the side of one of the petals and it extended outward, enlarging the surface area of the map the device could show. Then, he proceeded to press the side of one of the petals that had originally been extended and it switched back to the middle, completely disappearing below the one in the middle.

“Basically, you can enlarge the area of the map in the direction you want and also revert it the same way. You can make it as small as only having one plate out in the open.” With that, he pressed on all the remaining petals, making them vanish behind the first one until it really seemed as if he was only holding a folded-up flower.

Mei Chao Bing slowly nodded. This wasn’t too bad. Especially with this, the device wasn’t too big so it would be easy to carry around. On the other hand, they could extend the map to see more details. “How far does the map extend? I mean, how much does it actually show of your surroundings?”

Yan Hong Min pursed his lips. “Well, I was only able to test it here so it’s about the size of the Teng Yong Sect’s sect grounds. Further than that … I’m afraid I couldn’t guarantee accuracy.”

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows. “But you could potentially see even further?”

“Yeah, if you’re of the level of Sect Master Zhang, then you could. For people like us, it’s definitely not that far. Anyway, this still relies on your spiritual energy.”

Mei Chao Bing nodded. “I see. Well, it should be enough for the border region.” Not to mention that his level was higher than people anticipated by a whole realm. He shouldn’t have any trouble seeing everything he needed while over there. And if he handed it over to another person, it would likely be somebody like Zhi Guan or Shen Lei whose level also wasn’t low.

Yan Hong Min gave a hum and then looked up with an insipid expression. “So, what do you have to complain about this time? Too hard to use? Not pretty enough?”

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows and finally shook his head. “No, this does seem rather easy to use and I’m not concerned with looks. As long as it works as intended and can be used even while on a chase in enemy territory, it is perfect.”

Yan Hong Min’s gaze flitted from side to side. “So … you’re saying my device is perfect?”

Mei Chao Bing was taken aback for a moment but finally nodded. “Well, after the matter with the depression at the back is solved, I guess you could say it like this.”

0