471 Saving Some Time
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yan Hong Min immediately started looking for the materials he would need. This sensor was something he had done more as a joke back then when his little junior simply couldn’t figure out how to use his spiritual sense continuously and for anything other than taking in spiritual energy. So it could be said that it wasn’t difficult to make.

Of course, even something simple would need time to be made. Even more so if not just one of them was needed but several. So after gathering everything he needed, Yan Hong Min couldn’t help but give Mei Chao Bing a doubtful look. “So … how many do you need?”

Mei Chao Bing smiled wryly. “As many as you can make?”

Yan Hong Min pursed his lips. “It’s not that I can’t but it also takes a while and you also want to take some paper ducks along, right? Plus, I adjusted the flower map for you but you might want an additional one or two as well, right?”

Mei Chao Bing gave a hum. Actually, he had thought of only taking that one but, yes, it would be beneficial to have more than one. He was very aware that Yan Hong Min couldn’t simply clone himself though. “Is there any chance the other disciples could help?”

“Well, with the paper ducks maybe …” In fact, wasn’t that why Sect Master Zhang had asked about them in detail? The problem was that the other things he made were a lot more complicated.

“Maybe there are some preparatory steps they could help with?”

Yan Hong Min gave a hum. “You know, that’s not a bad idea. I guess there are one or two things that I wouldn’t need to do alone.”

Mei Chao Bing nodded. “Alright. Then … how about you write down everything you need for this? Then we can go to Sect Master Zhang so he can organize this, you can give a demonstration, and the disciples can work on those things while you have time for something else first?”

Yan Hong Min gave another hum. “Sure. Although the Sect Master will also need time to gather disciples that are good enough at forging to get a decent result. And the materials, of course, we’ll have to see how much the sect has stocked up for each of them. So … you can go and tell him alone while I get right to work. We shouldn’t waste time.”

“True.”

Yan Hong Min sat down, picked up a piece of paper, and immediately started to write down everything they would need. After he was done, he stared at it for a moment before he looked up at Mei Chao Bing. “You know, when you go there, also ask the Sect Master to gather some disciples that are good fast at writing and some that can draw well.”

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows. “Of course but … what for?” With everything they were already asking for, they’d surely need to explain this.

Yan Hong Min raised the list. “I can demonstrate what to do but we need this to work as exact as possible. I can draw up a plan on how to build this with some general instructions but I can’t write enough for all the disciples in a short amount of time. So I can write one or two and then we’ll have some disciples copy these. They can get enough together in a much shorter time but we need them to be exact so their skills can’t be lacking.”

“I see.” Mei Chao Bing nodded and accepted the list, motioning to the door. “Then I will go. Right …” He stopped after taking half a step and then motioned to the shelves. “Among your magical tools, do you have any that … could be useful against a high-level cultivator?”

Yan Hong Min raised his brows. “Well, how high are we talking?”

“Late stage nascent soul at the very least? Maybe above that?”

Yan Hong Min’s eyes widened. “That high?!”

Mei Chao Bing nodded. “It’s about my Master. We know he has to be there. We haven’t seen him yet so I can’t accurately judge his level but it should be at least that high. The gulf separating the nascent soul level from the next realm … it’s huge so he might not have been able to make it there yet but it’s a possibility. Even if he isn’t though, I won’t be able to defeat him.”

Yan Hong Min’s expression somewhat returned to normal but he still shook his head. “Shouldn’t you ask some of the Elders to come along then? They’d have a better chance.”

Mei Chao Bing hesitated. “Well, that … I guess that is true but I’m afraid of what the consequences might be.”

Yan Hong Min stared at him doubtfully.

“The disciples were attacked on the way back here and I’m afraid that … if we sent our Elders out, he will simply use that as an opportunity. Sure, we are slowly gaining some advantages but the thing is that we will lose those if we aren’t extremely careful.”

Yan Hong Min clicked his tongue. “This is bad.”

This time, it was Mei Chao Bing who raised his brows. “I mean … the general situation is already bad but what’s bad about it specifically?”

Yan Hong Min furrowed his brows and patted the table. “Your Master was … or, well, he seemed to be from our sect but he wasn’t actually. He was part of the Wu Yun Sect. At least he was later on but maybe he was also from the very beginning. So, in other words, he knows pretty much everything about us and, well, there’s a chance he’s not the only one, right? If there was one spy that could live here for decades without being found out … who is to say that there aren’t others?”

Mei Chao Bing thought along that line of reasoning and slowly nodded. “You mean that if we include other disciples, there is a chance a traitor will be among them.”

0