485 Another Advantage
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They seemed to have found a solution but they didn’t know how dependable it was. In the current situation that was especially bad but then, they didn’t have much of a choice.

Mei Chao Bing took a deep breath and then shook his head. “No matter what, we need to try. Senior blue butterfly, can you bring me to the chasm before senior martial brother Zhi returns? We should first try and see if we can even store the energy from the chasm in this. If it works, that means there’s a high chance releasing it will work as well. If it doesn’t, we can try to think of something else in the remaining time.”

Blue butterfly nodded but turned to the black warrior first. “Do you have any other ideas?”

Tong Chen shook his head. “No, I’d say that is the best course of action for the time being. Anyway, we don’t have much time left. The final battle … I’m afraid it will happen in a few days if things continue like this.”

Blue butterfly clicked her tongue but nodded. “Very well. Then we’ll hurry.” She walked up to Mei Chao Bing and motioned toward the south. “Get ready then. We shouldn’t waste a single second.”

Mei Chao Bing nodded, kissed Yun Bei Fen’s head, and then stepped back, closing his eyes to calm his mind and reach the right state.

Yun Bei Fen watched as both blue butterfly and Mei Chao Bing vanished one after the other and then sighed. It really wasn’t easy being in the border region. He turned to look at his third senior martial brother who was hanging onto Shen Lei’s arm and couldn’t help but feel a bit envious. How nice would it be to also be able to be with Mei Chao Bing all the time?

He pouted and then looked around until he finally spotted Xiao Hui at the side of the courtyard. He walked over, picked the spiritual beast up, and rubbed its fur. Well, at least he still had Xiao Hui. He wasn’t completely alone.

The three guardians observed his actions, feeling a bit puzzled. In the end, they could only sigh at how young he was. Back when they had been that age, maybe they had behaved the same.

At the same time, Baili Chao barely held back from face-palming in front of the guardians. How come his youngest disciple always did this kind of thing? Couldn’t he save him some face? He sighed to himself and then tried to change the topic. “Anyway, in the meantime, might I ask about Luo Lin’s situation?” He looked at his third disciple whose skin was still glowing but it was barely visible despite the fact that the sky had darkened.

Luo Lin hummed and wrapped himself tighter around Shen Lei’s arm. “I’m doing well, Master, no need to worry.”

“I can see that.” Elder Baili almost rolled his eyes. “How is your work with your ability coming along though?”

Luo Lin pursed his lips and then looked up at Shen Lei, finally reaching up to rub his cheek. “Well, it seems there is a connection to Ah Lei. I can’t really use it without him there.”

The three guardians all raised their brows. This was something they had never heard of before. Still, Luo Lin had managed to subdue the shine that had come with the ability copied from white jade so … they had to assume that this was true.

Tong Chen was the one to finally sigh. “In that case, use that to plan ahead. When the final battle breaks out, the two of you better stay close together. Have you found out whether you are able to switch between abilities?”

Luo Lin put on a troubled expression. “We did try and there seems to be such a possibility but we haven’t managed to completely figure it out yet.”

Shen Lei nodded. “Yes, basically, we don’t know what exactly triggers the change. Is it something that Xiao Lin does? Is it something I’m doing? Is it a combination of both? Just time? There are a lot of options and we’ve only been able to switch two times so far so it’s hard to say.”

Tong Chen gave a hum. “You should continue trying for as long as you have time. Also, let’s try and see whether you can copy my ability as well. It might not be as useful in a fight as that of the others but every skill you have at your disposal can be an advantage if used well.”

Luo Lin nodded. Actually, he still didn’t know for sure how to even acquire the copy of an ability in the first place but it was worth the try.

Tong Chen didn’t waste any additional words and simply focused on his own ability. He cleared his mind, ignored what was happening around him, and let the flow of time brush past him.

Almost immediately, there was the sound of water trickling. The sound was crisp as if the droplets were hitting stone or a similarly tough material. In the distance, steps sounded, and he heard the murmuring of voices but they were too far away to understand the words.

Outside of Tong Chen’s vision, Luo Lin hesitated for a moment. He couldn’t see the black warrior’s ability at all and this guy was a bit intimidating.

Shen Lei saw his hesitation and patted his back. “It’s alright. Just go for it. It’s for the benefit of all of us.”

Luo Lin nodded and then reached out, faintly touching the black warrior’s arm while channeling his spiritual energy. He couldn’t see him use his ability but he sure hoped that this would be enough. Whatever this ability would turn out to be when he used it, it would indeed be an advantage just like the black warrior had said. And, maybe most importantly, it would be of advantage to his fiance. Maybe it could even somehow save his life when things got dire.

0