497 A Disaster Waiting to Happen
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing felt flustered. What should he do?! He wasn’t sure if he was right but he couldn’t find another explanation. And it wasn’t like he could ask blue butterfly herself. After all, she couldn’t leave her dreamscape while in the chasm!

Mei Chao Bing’s guess was actually right. The magical box was currently trying to suck in blue butterfly’s dreamscape.

The guardian first only noticed the space around her fluctuate and only realized after a moment what was going on. She tried rushing further away from the box but that didn’t seem to work. As for escaping to the side, well, that was what she tried next.

She kept as much of a distance between her and the box as possible and walked around Mei Chao Bing in a circle, praying that he wouldn’t figure it out at the same time and try to shift in the same direction. Judging by his furrowed brows, she was sure that he had realized what was going on as well.

Mei Chao Bing was indeed considering whether he should just turn in the other direction. Since he couldn’t see though, he felt that it might be too risky. At the end of the day, Yan Hong Min had said that this box could take in every kind of energy. Who was to say that this didn’t also include vital energy? Or in other words: What if he accidentally sucked in the Jian Chu Sect’s guardian?

Mei Chao Bing’s brows furrowed further. He didn’t dare to randomly try things when blue butterfly’s life might be on the line but he also didn’t dare to just do nothing. He thought about turning in the other direction but stopped right before he could try, feeling that blue butterfly might try to escape herself if she was really in the scope of the box.

He looked around and finally turned to the wall behind him, pointing the box at it. No matter what blue butterfly did, she wouldn’t maneuver herself into even more of a predicament by limiting the space she had at her disposal. So this should be alright.

Mei Chao Bing had made the right judgment. With blue butterfly going in one direction and him turning in the other, she left the scope of the magical box and her dreamscape stabilized again.

She heaved a sigh of relief and then leaned over, rubbing her forehead. This was the scariest situation she had encountered in a while. Seriously, what kind of disciples did this Elder Baili have? They were terrifying! One worse than the other in what they could do!

Her lips twitched at that thought. Yes, Elder Baili’s disciples really were quite special. One didn’t have an ability but had a perception so high he could see right through hers. Another didn’t have an ability either but could create spiritual tools with his hands that were able to disrupt her ability directly to the point where she didn’t know what to do.

The third one had the ability to copy other abilities to a degree and might just be able to use them at random in the future. As for the last one, well, he might be the greatest mystery because they simply didn’t know what his ability was. Judging from what they had seen so far though, it might turn out to be something terrifying though.

Blue butterfly sighed and looked back up, staring at Mei Chao Bing. This boy, he was clearly strong but compared to them, he seemed exceedingly normal. It really made one wonder just what the other side wanted from him. Well, that wasn’t what she should worry about right now.

She straightened up again and took a close look at Mei Chao Bing, trying to figure out what he wanted to do next. It seemed the magical box had stopped trying to suck energy when there was nothing left in front of it but that also meant that she would be in danger if this happened again.

Mei Chao Bing had the same thought. He stared at the top of the box where a sliver of the array had finally taken on a different color, his mind churning. Finally, he raised a hand and pointed toward the end of the chasm. “Guardian …”

He wasn’t actually sure if she could hear him but he didn’t have another choice. “I will go in that direction and continue to try and drive the spirits closer together. When I activate the box, I’ll have to turn back though so you might want to walk ahead of me.”

Blue butterfly nodded and rushed ahead. Unfortunately, she couldn’t let him know that she had understood. It really made her regret that they hadn’t been able to take Zhi Guan along. As odd as his skill of just jumping in and out of her dreamscape was, it could be quite practical when in a situation like this.

Mei Chao Bing waited for a moment and then nodded to himself. He ventured down the chasm again, keeping his gaze straight ahead and rushing toward the next spirit as soon as he saw it.

Whatever had just happened, he had to keep it in mind. He definitely couldn’t leave the chasm before this box was completely filled or it might end up in a disaster. But then, that was what he had been going for anyway so maybe it wasn’t for the worst.

With this thought, Mei Chao Bing headed further into the chasm, slowly driving the vengeful spirits toward where he wanted to have them. Of course, doing so became progressively more difficult because there were many more of them now.

Finally, Mei Chao Bing had to call out to blue butterfly again, telling her to change the place she hid because it simply wasn’t safe any longer to turn around. Not with another horde of vengeful spirits directly behind him. But then, this also meant he could simply rush forward with the box in front, sucking in spirits left and right. In a way, this was a rather comfortable way of cleaning up the chasm.

0