169 The Only Thing That Mattered
128 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nian Tao and Ran Wu exchanged a glance. Neither of them would mind traveling with a good-looking martial sister but, in this case, they were actually tempted by what Song Mu said. After all, having a beauty at your side couldn’t make up for your good brother maybe dying. And with both of them being worried about Mei Chao Bing, that was precisely what they expected might happen.

Thus, the two of them put on a complicated expression, actually wanting to accept but not sure if they should do so. How could they damn Liu Bao Ru to that fate, after all?

"That … We definitely wouldn’t mind. I just don’t know what senior martial sister Liu thinks of this?" Ran Wu looked at her, not quite sure if he wished for her to accept or say that she would rather travel with him.

Liu Bao Ru looked at the two of them and then at Mei Chao Bing, silently pondering. She wasn’t worried that Mei Chao Bing would do anything treacherous. She had seen enough of his behavior by now to be completely sure of that. On the other hand, she wasn’t so sure about Yang Wu Huang and his people. Also, if she stayed here, then Mei Chao Bing wouldn’t have to deal with Ran Wu and Nian Tao which would likely raise their group’s efficiency. After all, Mei Chao Bing wouldn’t have to needlessly explain things anymore.

Thinking it through like that, she finally nodded. "What senior martial brother Song says does indeed make sense. In that case, I will stay here and you can accompany senior martial brother Yang and the other two."

Ran Wu was slightly bummed out that she wouldn’t accompany him but he still felt that it was better for him. Thus, he turned to Song Mu. "Alright, since senior martial sister Liu doesn’t have a problem with it, then that is what we will do."

Song Mu nodded and then turned to Mei Chao Bing. "I guess that means our two groups won’t be able to split up in the future though. We will be in your care then."

Mei Chao Bing nodded, feeling at least slightly better about the overall situation after Song Mu had done as he had promised the night before and really made this possible. "That is a matter of course. Anyway, it won’t be long anymore until we arrive at the Zhen Yan Sect."

The two of them turned to Yang Wu Huang, obviously expecting him to act on what had just been decided.

Yang Wu Huang gave a wry smile and slowly got up. "Well, since that is what everyone has decided, then I guess I can’t say no. I will tell Di Huan Bo and Ao Jing to get ready. We wouldn’t want to overstay our welcome."

Nobody reacted to his jab. The others just nodded and then watched him leave.

Yang Wu Huang had quite a few things to say to his two followers but seeing that everyone else would be able to listen, he could only keep quiet and instead relay the decision that had been made.

To say the least, the other two were startled by that decision as well. They truly hadn’t expected it. But alas, there was nothing that they could do. Since everybody had been in favor of this idea and the reason they had given was a good one, they could only follow these directions no matter how much they resented it.

The three of them got ready in a few minutes, and finally left with those two junior martial brothers, the mood in their group completely diametrical. While Yang Wu Huang and the other two were angry at what had happened, Nian Tao and Ran Wu felt like thanking their lucky stars. They had actually managed to escape the danger that Mei Chao Bing was and were now on their way back to the town.

It was just a pity that their martial brothers and sisters wouldn’t be as lucky. They could only hope that they would really arrive at the Zhen Yan Sect soon and that Mei Chao Bing and Yun Bei Fen would stay behind there while the others went on to inform the Jian Chu Sect. That would certainly be for the best for everyone.

Back in the temporary camp, Mei Chao Bing turned to look at the others after giving Song Mu another complicated look. "We have lost quite a bit of time yesterday but we can’t forget either that with two people less, we’re more vulnerable. We lack two people to go on patrols and also two people that are able to fight in case we are attacked. That is something we have to keep in mind.

"Because of that, I would propose that we don’t hurry too much and just continue at our previous pace. That will reserve some strength and allow us to be better prepared should something happen." Anyway, he didn’t believe that Yang Wu Huang would pull the same stunt twice. Even he couldn’t be that callous.

The others nodded, feeling that what Mei Chao Bing said made sense. Without Ran Wu and Nian Tao that were always harping on how the disciple of a traitor might be a traitor himself, they also didn’t feel that there was much suspicious about his words. Even if there was, wouldn’t senior martial brother Song have pointed that out?

Thus, the group just picked up when Mei Chao Bing told them to do so and then continued on their way to the Zhen Yan Sect. As for the attacks they were worried about … Those never came.

When they arrived at the Then Yan Sect several days later, they were slightly exhausted from being tense all the time and having to travel such a long-distance but they hadn’t been injured in the slightest. There were no fights, no mortal danger, nothing.

They were relieved but also couldn’t help but feel that it was quite unexpected. But anyway, they had arrived to deliver the message as they were supposed to. That was the only thing that mattered.

8