Arc 1 – Chapter 3: Nice To Meet You
75 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 3: Nice To Meet You

An hour later*

After having a splendid dinner, Saeko led Klug to her family's dojo, which makes Klug recalls all those scenes in anime, where there is a dojo for martial art and the dojo they are in right now. Just nearly the same, with a few things in the dojo that different from the ones he saw in the anime.

Klug stands before Saeko, who didn't bother to change out of her school uniform and took on the standard Kendo stance.

The left foot is slightly behind the right with the left heel slightly raised, both feet are parallel, the hips are straight forward, shoulders are relaxed, spine is perpendicular to the floor at all times. The bokken is held with the hands in front of the waist, with the tip of the bokken pointed at Klug's throat.

Klug didn't really take on a stance, where he discovered that this body of his has experience in freestyle for fighting and wielding the [Death Scythe] that make one question if the previous owner of this body before Klug got it had crazily swung the [Death Scythe] recklessly to overwhelm the opponents. Yet, became strong enough to turn this reckless fighting style into something powerful. Overall, it did not matter for Klug if he was in a stance or not. Because Klug has tested out how well he can fight during the first week in this world. So, Klug just has the [Death Scythe]'s blade part lower to the ground and the tip of the bottom, facing the ceiling. Being held in reverse with a single hand. Standing straight with no intention of being in any other position.

"So what's the term for winning and losing?" Klug didn't hate Saeko or anything at all. Making it much more difficult for Klug to face Saeko in this spar of theirs. Not to mention, it will take more effort in holding back his urge to kill and aiming for non-lethal attacks. "Before you ask me to decide, I rather you do since I suck at making up conditions for winning and losing." Well, more like Klug's conditions for winning and losing are simple. He lives, he wins. He dies, he loses. That simple. Though, that's something Klug came up on the first day in his second life.

"The first one to lose their weapon, lose." Saeko knew it would be a hard challenge for her to do such a thing, not to mention how she doesn't know how a scythe wielder fight. Other than being very wary of the sharp blade.

"Okay." Klug replied, then swing his [Death Scythe] towards Saeko at a slow speed and less strength, since Klug rather not accidentally kill Saeko if possible. However, Klug miscalculated his raw speed and strength once again. As the back of the [Death Scythe] slam against into the side of Saeko's bokken and shatter it into many pieces. With Saeko only holding the hilt of a bladeless bokken. "Oh..."

The spar didn't even last for even more than a second and the match ended, right there and then. In fact, this is technically a win for Klug. Seeing how Saeko lost her weapon. She never was specific on how one loses their weapon for one to lose in this match.

"Well, I did not expect I would be this outclass." Saeko said with concern, for she just lost her weapon she used for years. Honestly, Saeko has words to describe how she feels right now. Other than a little relief, that she didn't feel the recoil of the bokken's blade destroyed. "I guess I lost..." Saeko thought she would put up a good fight before losing, but she didn't even get to attack once nor did Klug cause any harm to her, other than maybe her pride as a swordswoman. The only bright side, kinda, is that Saeko can see the surprised look on Klug's face for destroying her bokken. So Saeko knew this was an accident, but on one hand, Saeko feels somewhat disappointed she couldn't do anything about it.

"Uh... Sorry?" Klug kinda feels bad now, with the way Saeko looks so sad at losing her bokken.

"It's fine." Saeko walks over to the wall on the left side of the dojo, where there is a door leading to the storage room and opens it for a few seconds before closing it after taking out the same copy of the same bokken Klug destroyed.

"Oh. You have more." Klug sweatdrop as he felt bad for nothing. "So... now what?" Klug wonders if Saeko wanted to face him again or not. Because if so. Then Klug will have to lower his speed and strength even more. But, Klug not too sure if he can since he hasn't really practice holding back at all. Hopefully, Saeko doesn't want another spar, but he doubts it since she walks towards him with the new bokken in her hand, with the bladeless bokken tossed into the trashcan near the entrance of the dojo.

"Now, I guess we can call it a night. Unless you mind giving me another chance to face you again, but without breaking my sword this time?" Saeko smile at Klug. As she knew how this will be her only chance to face a powerful opponent and might not get the chance to, later on, even her father might not be on the same level as Klug's.

"Alright." Klug replied, then on pure reflex. He raises his [Death Scythe] in front of him, to push the sword thrust aiming towards his throat, away and this just leads to the same result as before. Because the moment Klug's [Death Scythe] made contact with the bokken. It burst into shards, leaving only the hilt. "Maybe we should stop while we are ahead of ourselves." Klug noticed Saeko's right eyebrow twitching.

"Yeah. We should." Saeko knew that it's a hopeless battle against Klug if she doesn't possess a better sword to face against that deadly looking scythe. However, that just made Saeko eager to find one soon in order to face Klug. Also, Saeko secretly sighs in relief, to see the surprised look on Klug's face and knew right away, that the chance of Klug doing anything perverted to her is even lower than she thought. "Well, I got school tomorrow. Come on, I show you where the guest room is." Saeko throws the bladeless bokken into the trashcan on the way out, with Klug following right behind her.


The next day*

Klug let out a groan as he lay on top of Saeko's home rooftop. While holding his stomach in pain. Klug knew he should have politely asked Saeko to just provide him with apples instead of a big dinner with more food than just Saeko and Klug to eat, but 70% eaten by Saeko, making Klug wonder if Saeko is one of those people who could eat a lot without losing their body figure. Either way, Klug has to deal with a stomachache for a while until it goes away. No idea if stomach medicine would even help at all. Since those are mainly meant for humans and Klug's body is not human.

So, after having a good night's sleep and Klug was lucky enough to persuade Saeko that all he needs are apples to eat. With the excuse of Klug feeling guilty for not paying anything for all the services Saeko provided to him. Even allowing him to stay on her roof whenever she was not home. After Klug accidentally let out how he won't be leaving the city for a long time and will have to face a place to stay and work. Which led nearly the entire morning of the two talking before Saeko had to leave for school, where Klug is now a temporary resident of Saeko's home.

The only thing Klug has to do is watching over her home since she lives home alone while her father is currently traveled abroad for a self-defense conference. This just confirmed to Klug, that Z-Day will happen eventually. Well, he could be wrong, and after having a well-rested last night. Klug did some thinking and figure the reason why he is in this world is to prevent Z-Day from happening.

Now if only Klug could figure a way how to do that exactly. For one thing, it was never revealed about how zombies appear in the beginning. Many theories, many possibilities of how and why, but all lead to the same outcome. A zombie apocalypse.

Hell, Klug would even guess the main cause could be some unknown bug bite, leading to the world's first zombie come to be and many people that are nice would try to help this first zombie without knowing it's a zombie, to begin with. Only leading to being bitten by the first zombie, which leads to the bitten victim to be transformed into a zombie as well. The cycle just repeats until more and more zombies try to infect all living humans or the living humans find a cure and/or just aim for eliminating all zombies before the infections could continue. Either way, millions of lives will be lost no matter what.

So yeah, Klug might have a theory of why he is here, but he wasn't too sure if he was the right guy for the job. Though, with all the plot armors, Klug did not have any improvement in intelligence nor does he have any means of being able to persuade others into doing things. Well, maybe through anime logic, then sheer bullshit would work, but Klug highly doubts it.

Now, Klug just dealing with the stomachache for the time being. Making Klug's morning a bad one. Well, at least, Klug doesn't have to worry about doing anything much and just wait for Saeko's return. Maybe think of a better excuse for why he only needs apples to survive to Saeko. Though, Klug highly doubts Saeko would believe him. Since he knows humans can't survive solely on eating only apples and drinking water. Even if Klug isn't one anymore, but he knows for sure, that it will take some heavy proof before Saeko would even believe he is a Shinigami and not a human.

Speaking of being a Shinigami. Klug still can't think up a good reason why only Saeko, so far, can see the [Death Scythe] while others can't, and really Klug wasn't really even trying to hide the [Death Scythe] in plain view; therefore, a good amount of people should have a good look at the scythe. Yet, up to now, only Saeko is the one that can see it. Making Klug wonder why and what reason it could be. However, at least, Klug doesn't have to worry about people coming up to him and questioning why is he carrying such a dangerous, creepy looking big scythe in public.

Letting out another grunt of pain. Klug rubs his stomach as he wonders how long he will have to wait until the stomachache goes away. Because, at this point, Klug will do his best not to have Saeko make him anything to eat other than giving him apples.


A few hours later*

Klug pats his stomach as it's finally no longer in pain. Then nods to himself, where Klug will find a better excuse to stop anyone from giving him any food other than apples. Since Klug rather not go through that experience again. After all, it takes hours before he could move normally without wincing every time he moves. Just getting on the rooftop was already torture itself.

Something at the corner of Klug's eyes. This made him turn to his left, to see what caught his attention and see smokes rising to the sky from multiple areas. Then, Klug begins to hear the cries of terror throughout the neighborhood. Along with the shouts of people begging for mercy, to crying for help. Even some shouting out threats before ending up like the previous two shouts.

"Oh, you got to be kidding me." Klug mumbles in disbelief, that he realizes Z-Day is today. Too late to prevent such a thing to happen. No matter. Since Klug didn't even know what his actual job is and the whole idea of preventing Z-Day was something he came up with as a theory. No proof of such reasons why Klug is in this world.

Nevertheless, Klug's body begins leaking out bloodlust. The urge to kill. The thrill of slaughtering without holding back. The happiness of seeing all the blood spills everywhere. The excitement of wielding the [Death Scythe] to bring death upon the living and the undead. Klug's mind has long been influenced by this body's murderous urge. It's one of the reasons why it's so easy for Klug to use the [Muderous Wavelength] in the first place compared to the other wavelengths.

Yet. Klug's iron-will he developed in his first life. Slam down on this bloodlust, pushing it down until he allows it to come out and under his control. He will not let it be in control nor let it do whatever it desires.

Now, with that out of the way. Klug has many options, limited options. Yet, at the same time, he didn't mind having limited options. Make it easier for Klug to decide what the best one to take. One of them is to head to the highschool Saeko is at and reunite with her, but the downside to this. Klug has no idea where the school is at. Unlike those many main characters. He hasn't been in this city for a long time to find out the local places that nearly anyone who lives in this city for years would easily know without any problem. So, Klug decided that he will not head to Saeko's school and just wait here at her home.

Actually, Klug just had an idea that he should do while he waits for Saeko's arrival. If she remembers his existence, that is. Anyway, the idea Klug just thought is to find out what happens if he uses the [Death Scythe] on the zombies.

Jumping down from the roof and Klug looks around for any nearby zombies. This didn't take that long to find one on his right. In fact, there are more than one. That's great for Klug. Since he may need more than one zombie for experiments.

Walking over to the nearest one, then Klug swings the [Death Scythe] and made a light stab to the zombie by the blade tip to see if the [Cinematic Record] would appear from zombies or not.

There is no [Cinematic Record] at all, but he expected this after thinking about it. But, this still makes Klug frown, since this is proof, that these zombies are not [Bizarre Dolls]. Nonetheless, Klug didn't continue with this line of thought as the skull on his [Death Scythe] begin speaking in the unknown language again while the zombie that was touched by the blade tip for the scythe. Begin twitching crazy, but not moving from its spot, not even a single step.

In fact, all the zombies in the area begin to twitch crazy as well. Making Klug raise an eyebrow at this. 10 seconds and all the zombies within range of hearing the skull's speaking in an unknown language have started breaking down into a large amount of [Cinematic Records]. Flying straight into the skull's mouth, making Klug wonder what the hell is going on.

Because there was no [Cinematic Record] at first, then out of nowhere, the skull literally turns all the zombies into ones and devour it. Leaving no zombies behind, not even the clothes remain as they were converted into [Cinematic Records] too. By the time everything is done and the skull finished its meal aka [Cinematic Records]. Klug discovers he obtained 50 years' worth of [Cinematic Records]. Putting him in a grand total of 88 years' worth of [Cinematic Records]. 33 years from that dead middle-aged man and 5 years from random wild animals Klug killed for experiments.

However, that didn't last long when the skull's eyes begin to glow black while continue speaking in the unknown language, which Klug still has no idea what it belongs to, nor does he like the way it causes the surrounding to darken than it should. Making one feel like this unknown language would belong to the deepest of Hell. Klug wouldn't be surprised if the unknown language the skull continues to speak is literally the voice of Hell itself.

Anyway, Klug beginning to become worried because he starting to see the area is darkening even further as if the night has already arrived. Well, that's what Klug thought before the darkness quickly gathers around Klug, or to be more precise, being devoured by the skull of the [Death Scythe] for a few seconds before the skull exhales out the darkness. The darkness quickly takes on a humanoid figure of a woman.

Soon, as if the sunrise appears, the darkness begins to disappear, revealing who the shadowy figure is.

An extremely slim and tall woman, pale skin color, has large breasts, with black hip-length hair, cut short on her forehead. Her eyes have black spindly pupils and eye bags. Her attire consists of a black shirt with striped sleeves, accompanied by a pair of jeans, and black dress shoes. She also wears a ring holder necklace underneath her upper clothes, just barely visible.

"Well, hello there! I'm Kuroko Koumori. Nice to meet you, partner!" Kuroko introduces herself as she looks at Klug with a hint of excitement. "I hope we have a great time together, partner." Kuroko leans forward while continue floating in midair. "We'll do so many interesting things. I just know it. Hehehe..."

3