Arc 1 – Chapter 4: Info Dump
66 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 4: Info Dump

Klug looks at Kuroko in disbelief. For one thing, he doesn't know who the hell she is nor has any memories of someone that has an appearance like Kuroko's.

"Something the matter, partner?" Kuroko put both her hands into her pockets and tilt her head, to the point her entire head is now sideways at an impossible angle without breaking her neck, but Kuroko did it easily and no problem at all.

"Uh, why did you come out of the [Death Scythe]?" Klug looks at Kuruko without blinking for a while now. Klug even ignores the sound of the people crying out while being eaten alive by zombies from afar.

"Well, because you manage to obtain over 50 years' worth of [Cinematic Record]. Giving you me, as your partner made by those 50 years. By the way, sorry, but not sorry. This is a requirement for all Shinigami to give up 50 years right away once one hits the mark in order to gain a partner suited to them aka me to you. I'm somewhat the spirit of your [Death Scythe]." Kuroko calmly explains how she came to be as well as having the base information on what's going on, but not all could be revealed without paying as in paying with [Cinematic Record] as the main currency for all Shinigami and those that have the ability to obtain [Cinematic Record] and access to the multiverse's shop.

Through Kuroko, Klug is given the ability to access the multiverse's shop for anything in exchange for the price of getting them. Including services that impossible to normally get for many, but easy for Shinigami of the multiverse for the right price.

"Huh...Then, do you have any idea how I became a Shinigami?" Klug asks Kuroko, even though he somewhat got an idea of why he became one thanks to having this body.

"Eh, many reasons for how many become a Shinigami and for those that wanted to be the Shinigami's partner. By the way, as your partner, I have my own special services outside of the regular services that are always provided to the Shinigami." Kuroko giggles a little. "We can talk about it later. Anyway, from I got before I accepted being your partner is that you became one via the higher up named as Truck-kun. That's a big thing, because anyone recruited by the big boss, Truck-kun are well known throughout the multiverse as someone with limitless potentials and only another recruit of the big boss could fare against each other. However, there is always some rare bad moments these recruits end up dead before gaining enough strength to protect themselves. By the way, letting you know ahead of time. You're the very first recruit that became a Shinigami right at the beginning, making me being your partner have better benefits compared to other regular Shinigami." Kuroko didn't care if she revealing information that many people would hold back for many unknown reasons.

"I see." Klug spins the [Death Scythe] for a few seconds before resting on his right shoulder. "Is there some sort of like video game menu of list for all that is sold in the multiverse's shop or do I just ask you about it and you'll tell me the price for it?" Klug has a few more questions that pop up the very moment Kuroko appeared. The number of questions increased the moment Kuroko explains the multiverse's shop and her service, where [Cinematic Record] became a very important thing. Well, for Shinigami and those that wanted to use the multiverse's shop.

"Eh, you could buy something like that, but I wouldn't do that if I were you. Better leave it to me to help you buy it. After all, that one of the features for Shinigami's partner would do." Kuroko replied to Klug's question. "As to why I ask you not to buy this feature is due to many recruits have gained such a thing, but what they don't know is that the moment they do. Everything would become massively expensive than what they originally supposed to be. In fact, some are buggy and lead to some fatal mistakes without these recruits realizing it before it's too late. Furthermore, as long as you trust me. Then, I can even bargain with the people over the shop to exchange for something else instead of using [Cinematic Record]."

"Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." Klug pause for a moment. "By the way, was it just you, or was there other people that wanted to be my partner?" Klug recalls how Kuroko has mentioned there are better benefits for her in becoming his partner compared to other Shinigami, something he doesn't know if she meant legit Shinigami aka the God of Death, or people going by that name.

"Hmm. Let me put it this way. I am someone that died a long time ago, where I have years to research many things about the multiverse unlike some people and just among the many that desire to live another life to the fullest, but you must know that there is always a price for one's desires. For someone like me, I have very few options and I have been waiting for a long, long time before you came into the picture and I jump right into getting the role before anyone could." Kuroko smile at Klug. "In fact, even picking to become your partner also has a requirement too, making many that wanted to be your partner be a hard thing to do. However, I easily meet the requirement, and before you ask what it is. Well, let's just say, that you should be glad you got a fellow killer as your partner than some foolish, naive person that dream of being a hero of justice." Kuroko blinks a few times, recalling the person that nearly took her position to be Klug's partner. "Trust me on this, the guy is very distorted that I can't understand how that person is somewhat considered powerful in most of the multiverse."

"Anything else?" Klug moves back inside Saeko's home and made sure no zombies enter by shutting the gate before jumping back onto the roof, with Kuroko following right behind him.

"Well, one of the benefits I get from being your partner is that I'm allowed to touch the mortal realm, but for limited things; however, enough for me to be satisfied enough just enough before I require you to hand over a certain amount of [Cinematic Record] to give me the ability to help you out in the mortal realm. Like the ability to be seen by the average humans in the mortal realm while certain types of mortals would be able to see me, but won't be able to touch me at all since I technically don't belong to the realm of the living and the only way I'm here is due to my very soul merged into the [Death Scythe] you're holding there, partner." Kuroko said to Klug. "Anything else you wanna know? We got all the time in the world, trust me. After all, you're an ageless being now."

"Good to know, that I won't die from old age. As for what else I want to know. Anything I could get with just 38 years' worth of [Cinematic Record]?" Klug knew that there was more than to what Kuroko said, but he will see if it's true or not later on. For now, he will just keep his doubts to himself.

"You want something simple, but overall only limited to one's imagination or something that's a bit complex, but still worth using once mastered?" Kuroko's eyes light up as she about to get her own share of the profits. "I'll let you know ahead of time instead of learning it from others. As a way for me to earn your trust. As long you buy something from the multiverse's shop through me, I gain something out of it. Like merit or something close to it, for me to use as currency to buy my own thing too, but I have to run it through you first before I can get it since I need your permission." Kuroko knew how many people would get if they learn about things from other than not from their own partners.

Klug wonders if Kuroko was this talkative when she was alive or not. "The first option and let me know what it is before buying it for me."

"Alrighty! You can exchange 30 years' worth of [Cinematic Record], for [Snatch] from the Nanatsu no Taizai world belong to Fox's Sin of Greed, Ban. Honestly, you don't even need this when you have your starter gifts upon arriving in this world." Kuroko moves around to float upside down in front of Klug. Yet, her long hair wasn't affected by this and it should due Kuroko isn't affected by many laws of the world. Including gravity itself. "But, I think that by giving you this would help you a lot in most situations. Honestly, it would cost you more than 30 years, but thanks to your status as the first Shinigami as a recruit gains some benefits, unlike others. This includes a lower price for many things. Well, that would have been removed the moment you obtain a system of some kind with a game element. Anyway, I would say this is the best one for you and you won't have to worry about not using your starter gifts."

"Before I buy this. Is there anything I should know the moment I do buy it? Like being in agony the moment I've obtained [Snatch] or maybe I would lose something?" Klug didn't outright agree to get [Snatch], which is overpowered if used right.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about it. Since I was a bit quick in looking for something for you. The moment you buy [Snatch]. The supernatural category of the multiverse's shop will be unavailable for you to use until you leave this world for another. The mundane category is still available, though. No, pain. Just painless really. Anyway, I'll be real with you. Not many want to use the mundane category since the things in there are easily obtainable in most worlds without having to waste [Cinematic Record] to get them." Kuroko answered, then thought about something. "Though, you could buy some service from the mundane category to make your life easier."

"Hmm. I see. We will return back to the mundane category. Anything else besides [Snatch] you could get me?" Klug wasn't going to grab [Snatch] at the get-go when there should be more options available for him to take instead. Even if they are less useful than [Snatch]. He can still get it later in the next world, which Klug is somewhat glad he could travel the multiverse and not be stuck in Highschool of the Dead world forever. It will get really boring in a few years.

"I can get you a [Molding Magic] from the Fairy Tail world, but it will be a random concept, though, for 30 years. You can go for a reroll by giving up another 30 years. You still get the keep the one you got." Kuroko grin as she curious to see if her partner would fall victim to gacha like others.

"Why is it worth 30 years?" Klug asks with a little curious about this. Sure, the [Snatch] from Ban is 30 years too, but honestly, Klug has no idea the value of the amount going by the years of [Cinematic Record].

"Because it's based on molding a concept. Not elements. For example, in canon, there is [Memory-Make Magic]. This is outside the element system; therefore, as a concept instead. So do you wish to obtain [Snatch] or a chance on getting something good with [Molding Magic]?" Kuroko is a bit curious to see if her partner is lucky or not on getting something good with [Molding Magic].

"You know what?" Klug smirk, showing off his shark-like teeth. "I'll take [Snatch]. Better to know what I can get right away than gamble for something either amazing or just plain bad. Plus, with [Snatch] would make things very easy for me to do things that I can't do out in the open."

"Got it." Kuroko smirk in an equal manner, which was filled with madness before spinning around and float near the [Death Scythe], then smack the forehead of the skull, causing it to speak once again, in an unknown language while releasing a black mist that slowly took on a form of a box. Kuroko grabs the black box and throws it at him. "Here. Just let it hit you and you will get [Snatch]."

Klug decides to trust Kuroko and hopes he wasn't about to regret it.

The moment the black box made contact with Klug's forehead, then instantly knew how to use [Snatch]. Furthermore, there is no limit to how many times he could use [Snatch] nor require anything to use it. Other than knowing where the target is and within the line of one's sight.

"I'm going be honest with you, Kuroko." Klug's smirk stays, making Kuroko tilt her head in an abnormal angle again. "[Snatch] is going to make things bloody. No question about it." Klug stretches his left hand out towards a nearby zombie that just enters the area, using [Snatch] to rob the zombie of its neck, which Klug just throws it outside the front gate of Saeko's home.

The zombie that Klug just robs of its neck. Fall down, with the head falling down as well while spinning, spilling blood everywhere. But, at least, Klug knows with [Snatch]. He can kill the zombies, where the one he just used [Snatch] didn't rise back up and stayed dead.

"You got that right and you even prove it too." Kuroko claps her hands with amusement in her eyes while smiling in a way, that sends chill one's back just looking at that smile.

"By the way, is there anything else you want to tell me before we move into the mundane category?" Klug asks Kuroko while he was being a bit too happy killing zombies in many ways, every time he sees one within his line of sight.

"Yeah, I won't be out much since I still need to get used to staying inside your [Death Scythe]. Shouldn't take too long. Maybe a day or two before I can come out without much problem and we can talk about anything we want really. Also, for you leave for the next world. You need to gather 1,000 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] in order to leave, but there are other options. I'm sure you could figure it out." Kuroko wonders if her partner would figure out the other option. "And before you ask, 1,000 years is just for the first time only. The usual is 10,000 years."

"I see..." Klug sweatdrop, that he might have to grind for that extra 10,000 years just in case. "Is there any reason why I came into this world other than collecting [Cinematic Record]? If not, then how about we start with the mundane category now?"

"There was no specific reason other than this is one of those beginner worlds and easy for you to obtain [Cinematic Record]. As for the mundane category, you can exchange for something like an infinite supply of food and water for a yearly price or just a daily limited amount of supply to keep you going forever for just a single price. Many picked the latter, since they can stack them up really while the former is for those that have a massive amount of [Cinematic Record] to spare for luxury benefits." Kuroko said in a tired voice. "You want to buy it now or later? Because I really need to rest."

"How many sweet apples can you get me with the second option? Along with drinkable water for any races. This includes the apples too." Klug hopes this is possible, because then, he won't have to worry about food any longer. Especially having apples to eat.

"12 apples per hour for a year and a gallon of water in a bottle per hour for a year as well. Anything else?" Kuroko raises an eyebrow at the require for apples, but she figures it's something only Klug could eat. Something she knows that many Shinigami at the beginning of their jobs would be forced to only be able to eat a certain type of food while everything else is off-limit until they buy off that restriction before they can enjoy eating other foods again.

"Not really. I think that's it." Klug didn't really need anything else other than apples and water to live on. Anything else he could get later. No need to get everyone at once, not to mention that Klug know he is low on [Cinematic Record]. Including the purchase for the near limitless apples and water. He only has 6 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] left.

"Alright, don't die before I return. I rather not end up losing my new acquired position, partner." Kuroko's body turns into a black mist and flies straight into the skull's mouth before it closes after a few seconds.

"I wonder if Saeko remembers I'm here or not." Klug thought out loud, as he continues to practice using [Snatch] on all the zombies coming to his location as he makes a few noises to draw them over.

3