Arc 1 – Chapter 5: I’m Not Mad… Maybe
65 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 5: I'm Not Mad... Maybe

A few hours later*

Whistling to draw in more zombies to gather around the front gate and when the number is right. Klug throws his [Death Scythe] in order to stab one of the zombies from above, leading to another chain reaction of all the zombies exploding after a few seconds of hearing the [Death Scythe]'s skull using the unknown language, converting all of them into [Cinematic Record] and devoured by the [Death Scythe].

Afterward, Klug will the [Death Scythe] to appear in his right hand, then check the amount he gains, and grin, to find out he obtained 200 years' worth of [Cinematic Record]. Klug needs 794 more years of [Cinematic Record] and he got the minimum requirement to leave this world. But, Klug wasn't planning to leave so soon with how this world is literally the best place for him to grind for a while until he gets bored. Not to mention, earning enough [Cinematic Record] to gain more powers.

But, Klug already has his hands full with the starter gifts he got aka [Soul Wavelength] and everything with it, along with the newest gift being [Snatch]. Just these two alone would make him rule the entire world if he dares use one of the dangerous [Soul Wavelength: Madness Wavelength] on the godly level. Extremely powerful and capable of spreading across the entire Earth.

However, Klug won't dare use such [Soul Wavelength] unless he really, REALLY need to use it, but only in certain events. Otherwise, Klug is just destroying nearly all life on Earth for no reason. Furthermore, Klug needs the living or anything like zombies in order for him to obtain more [Cinematic Record]. Without that, then Klug would pretty much be forced to live in a prison-like world where there is no way of him leaving for another world to meet other lifeforms.

So far, Klug wonders how long it will take before he gets bored and starts coming up excuses to leave this place. Honestly, Klug has already made up so many excuses NOT to meet up with Saeko, but it's getting harder and harder to stop himself from leaving for hours now since Z-Day begins.

The only thing that's stopping Klug from leaving is the zombies; well, zombie farming really as there so many zombies nearby, that just by whistling alone would draw them straight to where the sound is coming from. Just from doing this alone had allowed Klug to grind 200 years in a few hours. Not even reaching noon yet and if Klug wasn't restricted to only being able to gather [Cinematic Record] with the [Death Scythe], then with [Snatch] alone would have helped Klug reach 1,000 years in no time. Maybe even make it to 10,000 years in a week if he planning to aim for a large number of zombies each day, then rest after finishing gathering the zombies to be taken down in one go.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored-

Something caught Klug's attention as he was about to finish debating on gathering more zombies now or later today.

Down the street on his right, where he sees two adults, one male, and one female, running while screaming, with a bunch of zombies following right behind and gathering more zombies from the is towards them.

Klug stares at these two before letting out a sigh, that he has no idea who they are and must be extra or just plain people that not part of the main storyline other than acting as cannon fodder. Overall, Klug just blankly stares at these two humans running for their lives, even though they really didn't need to run at all unless they wanted to draw in more of the zombies' attention, which they are. In fact, Klug counted that there around a dozen zombies after these two humans, with 4 zombies following them at the beginning and now adding in more on the way.

"Help! Help! Help!" The male adult screams the moment he saw Klug on the roof of the front gate up ahead.

The female adult did the same, where she sees the light of hope and begin running even faster than she did before with new motivation.

However, the moment these two arrived at the front gate, hoping to enter. Both lost their sense of vision before unbelievable pain appears as both screams, for they realized they no longer have eyes.

Klug throws the two pairs of eyeballs away, then using [Snatch] again to rob the zombies of their legs, making them even slower than already before arriving.

If one were to look at Klug and question him why he did such a cruel thing instead of helping the two adults. Well, they would only see Klug's cold eyes and the maniacal smile on his face. Klug only sees these two adults as a source for gaining more [Cinematic Record]. In fact, Klug would gladly speak the truth, that he is willing to kill a fellow Shinigami for [Cinematic Record]; well, secretly, Klug would even kill for the simplest reason. All because of all the built-up frustration and rage Klug have to deal with in his first life. Now, he can take it on anything he wants. Call him a monster or villain. Klug would gladly accept it. For being the good guy won't help him much, just allows others to manipulate him.

Klug shakes his head, mentally cursing that this body has influenced him again, for his lack of control over cause harm to the two humans below him. But, that didn't matter to Klug. He knew that he will continue to kill no matter what. No matter if it's the innocence or not.

Letting out a sigh, Klug uses [Snatch] once more, but this time, to finish off the two adults via robbing of their necks to prevent them from screaming any longer and killing them instantly. As he decided it was best to kill them now, then let them being eaten alive by zombies.

"Man, I'm so messed up in the head." Klug mumbles to himself, for he just killed two humans like it didn't matter to him and only due to his mood alone that killed them. In a way, he could have saved them, but Klug rather not deal with having to deal with the whole bonding thing. He was already pushing it with Saeko and Kuroko. The former due to wanting to meet up with one of his favorite characters while the latter, he will have to deal with for the rest of his Shinigami life.

Letting out a yawn before grabbing one of the apples to snack on, then once enough zombies are gathered. Klug did the same things as before and throw the [Death Scythe] at one of the zombies, causing the [Death Scythe] to stab through the zombie from the front and out from the back by the blade tip. The familiar scene of exploding zombies and converted into [Cinematic Record].

Once Klug will the [Death Scythe] to return back to his hand and obtained 80 years. Putting Klug a total of 286 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] now.

After thinking about it for a moment, Klug places the [Death Scythe] down and lay down after grabbing another apple to snack on while just relax on the roof, for anything interesting to happen.

"Good thing, that these apples and water come with an [Inventory]." Klug mumbles to himself, that he didn't have to worry about carrying around so many apples and water bottles. However, the [Inventory] Klug gained as a side-benefit is that it can only hold apples and water only. Nothing else. Not that it matters to Klug after tasting these sweet apples. The water didn't taste any different compare to other water; well, other than it tastes clean and plain. No idea how Klug knows what clean taste like, but he just knows it. "I'm so bored..."


The next day*

"Well, this got boring real fast." Klug mumbles to himself, as he finishes gathering 3,000 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] in no time using the same method over and over. Weirdly enough, there are endless zombies and Klug knows for sure he has killed over a thousand of them by now. However, Klug continues to see more and more zombies popping up after a few minutes later.

This made him wonder if these zombies are really following the sound he making or the zombies have some sort of instinct to gather around him due to being a Shinigami, that would send them to their afterlife or something. If it's the latter, then Klug might not be able to stick around with Saeko and her group for his entertainment. That would suck, because Klug kinda wanted to form a relationship with either Saeko at least beyond as an associate. Yet, with these zombies drawing to him would make it near impossible for Klug to form a bond with Saeko.

So, to test this theory out. Klug waits for any more zombies would come near him without making any noise at all. To the point, where Klug had to stop himself eating some apples while hoping Saeko or something he knows would show up, then random people, which Klug may or may not know if they have any bad intention or not. Bad enough, he has been tricked, scammed, and etc. in his first life. Klug would not want to have that happen to him again in this second life of his.

Kuroko was already pushing Klug's trust limit, but he can't do much since she was told about how she now the spirit of his [Death Scythe] from this point, and he has no idea if that is a permanent thing or not, but he will just think it's permanent for now until he finds out otherwise. Nonetheless, at least Kuroko helped him out by giving him [Snatch]. Just this ability alone has made Klug's life so much easier and lazier. Since he has the ability of what many lazy people would like most of the time. Being able to grab things without moving from their spot due to laziness.

"Man, who would have thought killing zombies would get old so quick." Klug mumble to himself, where at the beginning. It was interesting at first, then once Klug reached the four digits of kills. Of course, Klug knows it wouldn't matter if it's interesting or not since this body's killing urge demands to kill very often, with no end. At the very least, this will always help Klug continue killing with no problem at all like most of those main characters with the whole no killing rule and/or those that go into a major shock upon taking another life with their own hands.

Also, Klug doesn't know if he should be glad or not, but he did not get any sexual reaction when he was near Saeko, neither with Kuroko, and thanks whatever rule the multiverse for not reacting to a male. Making Klug wonder if this body was truly Grelle Sutcliff, but just glad he did not have any sexual reaction towards males. That counts as a win for him. Though, he does wish he can do sexual activity. Otherwise, Klug might become more of a negative person.

Since Klug realized he killed himself while he was still a virgin. Seeing how Klug thought being a virgin would increase his chance of being reincarnated and now that he in his second life. Klug kinda doesn't want to be a virgin forever in this life at all. Hopefully, Saeko didn't fall for Takashi Komuro before meeting up with him. Because out of all the female characters of Highschool of the Dead. Saeko is his best chance of being in a relationship as long he made sure he accepts her sadist side and Klug really hopes that Saeko won't be a sadist in sex instead of just in combat only.

"Klug-san!" Klug heard Saeko's voice from below, then look down to see Saeko looking at him with a smile and she wasn't alone.

Takashi Komuro the group's founder and leader. A high school student of average height with brown eyes, spiky black hair, and a slender figure. Wearing a black school uniform with a red T-shirt underneath.

Rei Miyamoto, Takashi's childhood friend, and a spear wielder. She has long, orange-brown hair with bangs hanging over her face with two stands sticking out above the rest of her hair along with a small, single ponytail on the back of her head, which leaves the rest of her hair long and reddish-brown eyes. She also has a slender figure and ample breasts. Wearing a female school uniform exactly like Saeko's.

Saya Takagi is a genius as her high level of intellect is her major contribution to the group[. Though, it often causes her to be stubborn and very arrogant. She usually stays out of combat, preferring to think of strategies to help the other fights. A teenage girl of under-average height with long pink hair which she keeps in two ponytails on the side of her head. Her hair also has two thin, long bangs on the side, two thin strands of hair over the left side of her forehead, and a spiky large portion of hair covering the right side of her forehead. Saya has fierce orange eyes and furrowed eyebrows. She also wearing glasses and the same female school uniform as well. Saya's physique is slender, her breast size is a bit bigger than Rei's.

Kohta Hirano is an excellent marksman with many different types of guns and likes to collect various weapons and ammunition for the group during their travels. Due to his excessive knowledge about firearm and military training, he serves as the group's primary gunner. Even though he is short and overweight. That doesn't affect his shooting ability and just makes him tends to participate in long-distance shooting at a stationary position instead of defending himself via melee attacks or other high energy-expenditure methods of fighting. He has a shoulder-length hairstyle that has bangs reaching down from the side of his temples stretching outwards and obscuring the sides of his face. Like Takashi, he also wearing the male school uniform and wearing glasses as well.

Shizuka Marikawa is the school's nurse and the only adult in the group. Shizuka's main contributions to the group are her medical skills and extensive medical knowledge. She also serves as the adult figure and takes care of others whenever she is needed to do so. Shizuka is a very tall buxom woman with ridiculous curves and her physique is most pronounced by her humongous breasts. She has waist-length blonde hair that has several bangs coming down into her face, two bangs come down all the sides running all the way down that also frames her face and hazel eyes. Dressed in a white dress shirt with a brown skirt, which is ripped at the sides.

"Saeko. Glad to see you haven't forgotten that I'm here. I see you brought some company too." Klug said to Saeko after jumping down and landing right in front of Saeko, with no signs of being in pain from jumping down from such a high height, that the average adult male human would find them in pain if they did the same thing.

"Why wouldn't I?" Saeko smile at Klug, then begin introducing everyone in the group to Klug. Not realizing he already knew everyone.

"Nice to meet everyone." Klug gives everyone a nod.

"It's nice to meet you, Klug-san." Takashi response first while looking at Klug in wonder if what Busujima-senpai said before about Klug true about being a strong fighter, but he doesn't see the giant scythe that Busujima-senpai mention before.

"Wow, you have long beautiful hair." Rei looks closely at Klug and looks at the long dark-red hair in awe.

"Thanks..." Klug really wants to cut it really bad, but it's nearly impossible unless he can get someone to cut it for him while he strapped to a chair, so his body won't move on instinct to protect the long hair.

"Wow, you have such a lovely outfit, where do you get it, Klug-kun?" Shizuka asks Klug while moving in closer to get a better look at the clothes he is wearing, not realizing the look she is getting from the others.

"Don't you mean, Klug-chan, nurse?" Saya asks Shizuka while looking at Klug and comparing her look with Klug's, making her a little weird out how good looking Klug is while dressed in men's clothes.

"But, that would be rude of me. I'm sure Klug-kun here is around my age and I'm sure he wouldn't like me calling by such honorific." Shizuka looks at Saya with a confused look.

"Don't you mean she?" Rei looks at Shizuka with a confused look as well.

"I am a man." Klug tried his best not to show how irritated he is at the moment for finding out that even Saeko thought he was a female this entire time going by the look of surprise on her face.

2