Arc 1 – Chapter 6: Time For The Hunt
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 6: Time For The Hunt

Nearly everyone avoids looking in Klug's eyes, for they would have seen the rage buried deep in them that's just about to erupt if it wasn't for Klug taking a couple of deep breaths to calm down. Otherwise, Klug might have outright attacked the main characters for thinking he was a female, including Saeko, who thought he was a female the entire time.

It's no wonder Saeko allowed Klug to stay, because she thought Klug was a fellow female at the beginning. This just makes Klug wonder if he should come up with some way to get his hair cut without physically doing it himself. At least then, he won't have to deal with people instantly thinking he is a female at the first meeting. Though, Klug does wonder why only someone like Shizuka would discover his true gender so easily, unlike the rest.

"Just trust me, that I'm 100% male and yes, I do have one, but I am not that eager to show it off just to confirm my gender." Klug said dryly, then a thought pops up in his head. "By the way, can anyone see what I'm holding in my right hand? Saeko, don't say anything." Klug quickly stops Saeko the moment she opens her mouth to answer.

"Nothing?" Saya spoke up first. "Actually, it looks like you're holding something, but there is nothing there. Are you playing a prank on us or something?" Saya narrows her eyes at Klug, for making a pointless prank when they are in danger of 'Them'.

Soon everyone, excluding Saeko, has spoken out that they haven't seen anything at all, with only Shizuka, Kohta, and Takashi seeing a blur of something for a few seconds, but that's it.

"Hmm. Interesting." Klug rubs his chin with his free hand, for he was a little surprised that Shizuka, Kohta, and Takashi could just see a blur of the [Death Scythe], but not much. Making Klug wonder what are the conditions for others to see the [Death Scythe]. "Anyway, we should head inside unless you guys want to go somewhere else? Either way, I'm fine with whatever since Saeko here must have come back here for me in the first place."

"Uh, if you don't mind us staying here, Busujima-senpai?" Takashi looks at Saeko, hoping she would allow the group to stay at her home since he really needs some rest as he didn't sleep last night and just running on fume right now. He can see Rei still holding up pretty good, but he rather not have her collapse on everyone due to not having a well-rested sleep.

"I see there is no harm in doing so." Saeko agreed to Takashi's request for everyone to use her home as a temporary shelter before moving out. "By the way, Klug-san. Has there any of 'them' trying to come inside?" This question caught nearly everyone's attention and made them wary of entering Saeko's home, even though Klug has been here the entire time. Yet, none doesn't know about Klug that much and when coming here, everyone finds Klug alone, which just made things more worth concerning.

"Them? You gonna have to be more specific." Klug knew exactly what Saeko is talking about, but he will not call zombies as 'them' just because. A zombie is a zombie. There is nothing to change about that fact. The better for everyone to accept this, the better for Klug's mental state for sticking around, even if he mainly here for Saeko. Though, he might have changed his mind the moment Shizuka's appearance alone has to draw his attention to her. But, at the same time, again. It's mainly Saeko, who Klug can see that would easily persuade to stick with him in his journey in the multiverse while knowing that she wouldn't be able to stay in a 'normal' society for too long or risk of snapping and going on a manslaughter. Same with Kohta and Takashi, but eh, those two are males.

"You know, 'them'!" Takashi looks at Klug with a confused look. Why can't the guy understand what Saeko meant?

"Again, not really helping much. Detail, man. Detail." Klug suppresses the urge to smirk, with how awkward things are getting and how frustrated some of them are becoming as the second goes by.

"They meant zombies, Klug-kun." Shizuka spoke up with a smile on her face, not noticing the way most of her group flinch at the mention of zombies.

"Oh, why didn't you guys just say so? Calling zombies as 'them' would lead to any confusion later on. Trust me, the more you guys use the term: Them for zombies would lead to problems that people would misunderstand the situation in no time." Klug shook his head, then look at Saeko. "Yeah, some zombies slowly walk by, but it's easy to deal with slow zombies. Compare to the idea of facing fast and mutated dangerous version of zombies. Just be calm and make sure not to allow any zombies to grab you. Also, making less noise. Other than that, these zombies are easy to deal with. Of course, that is in a small number of zombies. Any bigger than zombies filling up the entire street is something worth avoiding at all costs." Well, for others they will have to avoid such a large number of zombies. Klug, on the other hand, can just throw his [Death Scythe] and bam. A huge income of [Cinematic Record] in a short period of time. "So, Saeko, are we going inside or no?"

"Go ahead." Saeko gave everyone permission to enter her home. With her unlocking the front gate with her key and entering before everyone else does, then made a gesture for everyone to come in.

"Are we really going to ignore the whole prank things going on? Just me? Okay, then." Saya glare nearly at everyone, where she can see only a selected few had heard her while the rest didn't seem to notice her speaking at all. With how distracted they are upon entering Saeko's home.

"Let's just say, that there are more to the world than just zombies. I'll leave you to think about it yourself." Klug whispers into Saya's left ear, causing a shiver to go down her spine while everyone didn't notice and continue moving deeper inside Saeko's home.


20 minutes later*

"So, you guys have some adventure, huh?" Klug looks at everyone with a bored look on his face, not bother to act surprised to learn what happens to this group, where it nearly exactly as canon, with the only difference is that instead of going to Shizuka's friend's home today. Everyone comes here due to Klug's existence, leading to Saeko offering where the group should head to for the night. "Honestly, my day has been boring, even with zombies among us now."

"You're kidding, right?" Saya can't believe what she is hearing, even the others are looking at Klug in disbelief, for what he just said.

"Well, when you're someone who trained in martial arts and part of an ancient family. Things become less interesting. Zombies are pretty much tame compared to what I have seen." Klug spoke the truth, for all those horror films and video games are way worse than silly zombies that are just slow and not even on the same dangerous scale as the ones in the Resident Evil series or any other zombies that aren't fast and just walking, where they only have their sense of hearing and abnormal grip strength.

"And pray tell, what did you've seen compared to... zombies..." Saya said to Klug, where the end, it took her a bit of effort to force the word: Zombie out, for she still has a bit hard time accepting the term and what's going on with the world right now.

"Well, so far, ghosts." Not completely false, seeing how Klug think Kuroko is technically a ghost or close to one.

"Ghost..." Saya looks at Klug with a deadpan, ignoring the looks of others' gulping in fear upon discovering there are ghosts in the world and they are real. "Do you honestly expect me to believe that?" Saya scowl at Klug. "And you expect me to see one in this very room?"

"Well..." Klug looks behind Saya, to see Kuroko literally crouching right behind her with eyes of lust towards Saya this entire time. Klug just wonders when Kuroko woke up. Since she just pops out of nowhere and begins stalking Saya the moment everyone enters the building. Without even speaking a single word to him.

Saya just raises an eyebrow, then looks behind her and sees nothing, but she keeps getting this odd feeling that something is there. Staring directly at her and Saya's mind went back to the zombies outside and her brain slowly accepting the fact, that there might be more than just zombies out there in the world.

"Anyway, seeing how we're going to stay here for the night. Anyone got any plans for tomorrow?" Klug asks while he just realized something important and that is the fact of one of the future main characters in this group is still out there and most likely to be dead if nothing is done soon.

Alice Maresato. A little girl who lost her father and was saved by Takashi. That is tonight and near where Shizuka's friend's home, which is where the main group supposedly be at right now instead of here.

Well, shit.

Klug did not expect this to happen at all. Hopefully, Alice and her father would go somewhere else, with all the butterfly effect bound to go on. After all, the first few have already happened, with Klug meeting Saeko before Z-Day and the second is the main survivor group coming here for the night to rest before moving out later tomorrow. If they ever move out due to lacking the military light armored utility vehicle which is owned by Shizuka's friend.

"I guess we're just going to hope for the best tomorrow. Maybe find some supplies and weapons?" Takashi the first one to respond to Klug's question. Frowning that the only weapon they have is the police's pistol and a limited of bullets being held by Kohta at the moment. Even then, that might not last them that long.

"Oh! We could head to one of my friend's places that not too far from here. She's always busy with work at the airport. So she gave me a key to watch over the place." Shizuka happily helps this out and even mentions how her friend might have some weapons stored in the apartment, which is an apartment, right on the river, and a convenience store close by as well. "Oh! After we're done there. My friend has a car we can take. It looks like a tank and has four doors!" Shizuka begins to wave her arms in excitement.

"Hm. I guess it's time for me to help out with the group. I can go scout the nurse's friend's apartment for everyone. In fact, I can go there now and guard the place while I wait for everyone to come over after you guys finished whatever everyone needed to be done here." Klug knew this is the moment to get his chance to leave this place and rescue Alice. A character he rather not die at all since she is pretty much one of the main pillars to keep the group together. Though, Klug got the feeling that all-important characters of this world will survive until their scene time is done with. So, Klug will just take this time to grind some [Cinematic Record] without having to deal with people questioning why all the zombies are disappearing out of thin air.

Actually, Klug doesn't even know how it will look for other people the moment zombies are converted into [Cinematic Record]. Would they just disappear out of thin air in the mortal's eyes? Klug has no idea, but he is a bit curious to find out, but not that curious. Nonetheless, Klug also has the reason to leave so soon is to speak with Kuroko to get things without others nearby to question why he is talking to himself. Well, unless he can persuade others that there is a ghost among everyone. Yeah, Klug can see many of them panics and tries to avoid him at all costs. Something he can't allow to happen yet until he at least speaks with Saeko privately about coming with him after building up the relationship between them. If not, then Klug might have to cut his loss and grind this world before heading to another world and repeat the process again.

"Are you sure, you want to do this, Klug-san?" Saeko asks Klug, knowing that he is strong enough to move on his own without any trouble. Though, she is still somewhat embarrassed for thinking Klug was a female last night and in the morning. It's no wonder she got a weird look from Klug last night before entering her home for dinner.

"It's fine. After all, facing zombies is easy for me. If anything, I should be more concerned about other dangerous creatures in this world." Klug put on a serious face. "After all, with the world technically ended with a zombie apocalypse. Those that been holding their inner beast in a tight cage under the concept of the laws made by the government will be free. To make it even worse. All the females here are beyond the average in appearance alone and many wild breasts aka men won't have to care about the wrongs and rights of the world and aim to take all the females for them. Willingly or not." Klug notices the look on Takashi's face, that he understood everything. But, Klug might overestimate Takashi on this and he might not have understood the key points or not.

"That sounds dark." Shizuka said to Klug, with a pout.

"Because it is." Saya knew the truth behind Klug's words and fold her arms under her breasts, pushing them up more and making her frown and did her best to take a couple of deep breaths because Klug's words about her appearance alone would draw in many savages that want to devour her figuratively. Saya knew the looks she gets from others before this whole zombie apocalypse. Now, she really has to be careful of others outside this group. Truly, she wishes this was all one big nightmare, but she got to see the reality that has changed and she can't do a thing about it.

"I'm sure Klug-san here is just overreacting to everything. I'm sure the government will get everything back in order so that we will have a normal life again." Rei said to everyone with a smile, that everyone can tell it's forced.

In fact, Takashi looks at Rei with a frown, for they did encounter something similar to what Klug said about men releasing their inner beast. To be precise, they've encountered two separate events where Rei would have been raped and maybe died, while the second one would have lead to his and her death too if a second to slow from moving away from that area.

"Eh, I'm pretty sure, you'll meet ones sooner or later." Klug shrugs his shoulder, then got up and begin heading out. "So, mind filling me in more of what your friend's home is and the key to the place?" Klug asks Shizuka before exiting the building and head over to the place where the main casts are supposed to be at right now.

"Oh!" Shizuka got up and quickly grab the key to her friend's apartment and hand it over to Klug while explaining her best exactly where it is and which apartment belongs to her friend.

"Thanks. Alright, I'm heading off. Anyone need to say anything to me before I leave?" Klug asks everyone in the room, ignoring Kuroko is glaring at him for leaving so soon while trying her best to hug Saya, leading to Saya shiver and look around with a frightened look on her face. But, didn't say anything; however, Saya begin to give Klug a few glances, hoping for any helps. "Nothing? Alright."

Upon leaving, Klug can tell that Saya really wanted to ask about if there was really a ghost among them, but kept her mouth shut. Mostly out of pride if what Klug could guess as he leaves the building without anyone stopping him, not that anyone could even stop him. Even Saeko, who is the best fighter in this group won't be able to stop him from leaving. Something Klug can see that Saeko knew this as well as she didn't put up any effort to stop him.


30 minutes later*

"You couldn't have stayed behind for a few more minutes?" Kuroko frown at her partner, for she was eager to tease Saya a bit more as she one of her types.

"Eh, we're on a tight schedule. Plus, it is not like we won't meet her and the rest again." Klug said to Kuroko as he avoids being grabbed by a zombie on the street, heading toward in the direction where Shizuka's friend's home should be at.

"I guess." Kuroko sigh, for she will have to wait until she can see little Saya again.

2