Arc 1 – Chapter 7: Great… Just Great
50 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 7: Great... Just Great

30 minutes later*

Klug has been roof hopping for a while since he just finished obtaining 3,000 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] not too long ago. While he is at it, Klug took out an apple to snack on and finish it in a matter of seconds.

Looking around before Klug found the exact same apartment building like in the anime/manga. Well, more the same as the anime really than the manga version. Nonetheless, Klug ignores the apartment for a bit and tries to locate Alice, to see if due to his influence has changed her fate or not. If not, then Klug might have to watch out for certain people and events that might be forced into existence. Otherwise, Klug has a free range of doing whatever, and canon knowledge are pretty much useless. Since he made big changes to the world already.

Rubbing his chin, Klug can't seem to find Alice and the numbers of zombies in the street are pretty low thanks to converting most of the zombies away from this neighborhood into [Cinematic Record] already. Therefore, the number of zombies in this area wasn't the same as canon.

"Hey, partner. Are you planning to just grind out all the zombies in the area or are you going to do anything interesting?" Kuroko asks with a bored tone. As she continues to float around the place, even went as poking the [Cinematic Record] whenever she got the chance to, where she informed Klug about how she felt like passing the time by watching the history of some random people before they were turned into zombies.

"In a bit. Anyway, is there any other way for me to get [Cinematic Record] outside of using the [Death Scythe]?" Klug asks Kuroko while continues searching for Alice's whereabouts.

"Yeah. In fact, you have another method right now." Kuroko said with amusement.

"Is it [Snatch]?" Klug guesses on the first thing that came to mind.

"Close, but no." Kuroko let out a giggle. "It's your [Soul Wavelength]. Literally, rip the life memories of the soul and into [Cinematic Record]. Making the soul into a clean slate like the process for many of the deceased of mortals that die and have their memories removed before being reincarnated depending on their karma they have built up while they were alive."

"Huh, I did not expect that." Klug honestly didn't. Just to show, that he still got lots to learn about using [Soul Wavelength], even when he possesses the ability to use everything related to it. There are just certain things that needed to be learned by others. "And what you mean by close with [Snatch]?"

"Well, you were given the [Snatch] just barely above the basic. However, if you give me more [Cinematic Record], then I'll be able to, in other words, upgrade your ability of [Snatch] to be able to do things outside of what canon allows it to. So, if you want to use [Snatch] to get [Cinematic Record], then you can for the right price." Kuroko explains as she watches the zombies nearby wandering around the place.

"How much I have to pay?" Klug asks Kuroko as he uses [Snatch] on a random zombie near the apartment to practice on, then throw away the part of the zombie he just robbed to the side. As he continues looking for Alice and wonder if he is doing something useless and that Alice isn't here in the first place.

"10,000 years." Kuroko grin when she saw her partner instantly looking in her direction with a shocked look on his face. "Yeah, anything related to getting [Cinematic Record] is pricey. Hell, 10,000 years is cheap. Trust me, there are lots of other methods that worth more than 10,000 years' worth of [Cinematic Record], and most of the people that have such ability are always bound to certain restrictions from being able to abuse it and if they happen to figure a way to bypass the restrictions, then they would be put into the ranks of being sent off to higher and dangerous worlds while leaving the weaker ones, like this one we're in, to newcomer/weaker Shinigami or so."

"Huh, good to know I won't be running into any fellow Shinigami or whoever is grinding for [Cinematic Record] in the same world." Klug snort, that whoever is running this whole business of [Cinematic Record] had made sure to put all those godlike beings into higher-level worlds, that could match those godlike beings somehow.

"Oh, you will meet some of the few that manage to stay in the lower worlds by making sure to not bypass those restrictions, giving them more time to gather more [Cinematic Record] in the process. Not that it would stay that long. Sooner or later, beyond their control, they will be sent to higher worlds no matter what." Kuroko blinks a few times before looking to the south. "By the way, I think I found that little girl you were trying to find."

"Where?" Klug looks in the same direction Kuroko is looking at and sees nothing.

"Alice, right? Yeah, she with her ALIVE dad and with other people on the other side of the bridge near here and getting on one of the military vehicles and driving off somewhere." Kuroko happily informs her partner, to see a twitchy eye.

"Canon knowledge is useless isn't it?" Klug frown for wasting his time searching for Alice when all this time, she has already somehow made it to the checkpoint to be extracted to a safer location that's not here.

"What do you think?" Kuroko can understand how annoyed her partner is right now. "So, now that you've found little Alice already. What's your next plan of action?"

"Well, I guess I can just take care of the zombies and wait for the others to come here." Klug honestly doesn't know if Alice will later appear or not, but for the time being, Klug just has to deal with having to wait for who knows how long for the main survival group to come here. "By the way, is it possible to get something like the [Infinite One-Sword Style] from Soul Eater from the mundane category or it under the supernatural category?" Klug recalls the [Infinite One-Sword Style] and how amazing it is. But, Klug rather not get it. Since he is going to stick with the scythe.

"Oh, you can get it from the mundane category. It just the price for it is expensive. As in 1,000 years just the ability to use it, not master it. The Master version is 10,000 years and before you say anything. Think about this. The character that invented this style is a massive genius and the ability to use it would be enough to kill lots of beings in countless worlds. Let alone being a master of it." Kuroko looks at her partner with a frown, for she really hopes that he doesn't get it. Because then she won't be used for a long period of time. She wants some actions, damn it! Not be used for making [Cinematic Record] and that's it.

"Yeah, no thanks. I'm not going to pay for that." Klug flinch at the price and knew that in the future. This amount would be nothing to him, but right now, Klug is kinda limited on how much [Cinematic Record] he could obtain at certain times. "Anything you think I should buy from the mundane category?"

"Want some guns?" Kuroko asks her partner as she now sitting on top of the [Death Scythe]. She got bored with floating around.

"Eh, not really. Pretty sure having guns would just make my life a bit worse." Klug wasn't much of a gun person nor did he want to use one. If he wanted to use one. Then, Klug would have to look around the place to get one. No point in using [Cinematic Record] for ones.

"Alright, just let me know when you want one. It's pretty cheap really." Kuroko knew the chance of her partner getting one is close to zero. "How about some bombs? They are a bit more expensive than guns, but I'm sure you have some ideas on how to use them."

"Maybe later, but for now, anything else? How about an upgrade to my [Snatch]? Also, mind giving me a list of recommendations of the upgrades for [Snatch]?" Klug hope among those upgrades would allow him to use [Snatch] similar to how Ban does with [Gift].

A technique, where Ban is able to transfer his own life force and strength to another being. Of course, Klug rather not give away his life force, but otherwise, Klug can see many ways in using [Gift].

"Well, there are two upgrades you can get for [Snatch] and three upgrades for [Soul Wavelength]." Kuroko begins explaining what these upgrades are.

[Snatch: Gift] - 1,000 years

[Snatch: Memories] - 1,000 years

[Soul Wavelength: Electrical Talent] - 1,000 years

[Soul Wavelength: Sound Talent] - 1,000 years

[Soul Wavelength: Soul Talent] - 5,000 years

The upgrades for [Snatch] Klug can understand, but the ones for [Soul Wavelength] was a little tricky and just know, that with these talent upgrades would make Klug able to do things more than just the canon version of [Soul Wavelength] and into something more specialize instead. Also, a lot easier too without having to put in a large amount of time to get it. This should be a given for the price.


30 minutes later*

After thinking about it. Klug grinds a bit more zombies until he gathers enough [Cinematic Record] to buy all three talent upgrades of [Soul Wavelength]. The upgrades for [Snatch] can wait since he will have to grind more zombies for the 11,000 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] as a safety measure. One for exiting this world and another in case of the next world is too hard for him. Though, Klug might have to grind more just in case he needs to spend more [Cinematic Record] to be allowed to take someone from this world with him to the next.

"By the way, how come it's possible for me to purchase the upgrade the abilities I have related to the supernatural category unless it only restricted to just buy another supernatural ability?" Klug looks at Kuroko, who is now watching TV. As they've entered Shizuka's friend's home after clearing out the zombies around it and any that wander inside.

"You got your answer." Kuroko replied without looking away from watching some random channel on the TV. "Here some advice I've overheard from other people that came back after their partner died. Do not buy too many abilities and just upgrade your current set of abilities instead. Better in the long run."

"Anything I should get from the mundane category that might help me in a long run?" Klug joins Kuroko on the couch after making himself some instant noodle to eat. After all, it will be a few days before all electrical equipment will become offline. Before remembering he can't really eat anything other than apple, causing Klug to scowl as he made instant noodles out of habit from his previous first life and just place it on the table, glaring at it as if cup noodle's fault for tasting like dirt.

"If you're planning to stick around with that group. Then, go for gas fuel for that military vehicle outside and any future cars you might come across with. Along with the tools and parts to repair vehicles. If you don't know to repair vehicles, then there is one in the mundane category you can buy. Save yourself the trouble of having to manually learn how to." Kuroko said to her partner with some of the tips she could think of that might help him out. "If you want to go full-on support, then become a gunsmith and anything else related to improving survival in a zombie apocalypse."

"I'm going on a limb and say I will need to pay for the equipment and materials to make them, right?" Klug can already see where this path might lead him.

"You got it. But, unlike all those other people outside of the Shinigami and people with the ability to gather [Cinematic Record]. The equipment and materials are easy to get and in large quantity with great quality due to how valuable the [Cinematic Record] is." Kuroko said to her partner.

"Okay, give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost me to get the equipment and materials along with the ability to be a professional gunsmith that specializes in making handgun and bullets to go with it." Klug really hopes it not too pricey, otherwise, he can kiss his small dream of killing off zombies and anyone else like a badass with a handgun instead of using something else. Well, not a badass, but technically a dumbass for using a handgun on a zombie when one could use something else like an assault rifle with more bullets and longer range.

Kuroko looks up at the ceiling and blankly stare at it for a few minutes before tilting her head to the side in her usual abnormal angle and stare at her partner. "For the knowledge and experience of being a professional gunsmith specializes in handgun and bullets. I'm guessing just normal bullets for the time being. That's 50 years right there. The equipment to make the handgun and bullet would cost you 10 years for the stationary version and 100 years for the mobile version. By that, I mean the equipment will be install and stay where you've placed it at. No longer be able to remove it anywhere else unless you manually take it apart, which also requires the knowledge of said equipment to do so and the tools as well. But, I'll leave that out. Anyway, including the service to power the equipment forever or a limited duration of time without having to find a power source for it. That will be 80 years for the former and 30 years for the latter. Materials alone are 4 years per hour and 100 years for yearly payment for infinite service. So, for a grand total for the cheapest one. It's for 94 years. As for overall best and expensive is 330 years, with 180 years you need to pay for yearly for the service of infinite power and resource."

"Yeah... Nevermind." Klug is currently at zero [Cinematic Record] and has nothing to his name. Therefore, 94 years is expensive already in his eye, let alone the 330 years first and 180 years once the year is over. Of course, he can easily acquire 330 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] in no time, but right now, he wants to lazy around a bit since it's already night time. Maybe tomorrow if he remembers about it.

"That's fine. Besides, I wouldn't aim for those anyway. Since once you leave this world. There is a 50-50 chance of you coming into another world like this one. Where guns might be great in some worlds, but useless in another due to certain laws. Anyway, how long do you think it will take for the other to come here. I'm dying to see little Saya-chan." Kuroko let out a perverted giggle at the thought of Saya.

"Uh, I have no idea." Klug sweatdrop, and starting to think, that maybe in the next world. He should aim for buying some detecting ability or something included detection in the set.

"Ugh, it's so boring and there isn't much on TV to watch." Kuroko groans as lean back and look at the ceiling for a bit, then look at her partner." Wanna fuck?"

Klug is caught off guard by this. "I thought you're lesbian with the way you were looking at Saya." There are many things that he would think about Kuroko. Having sex with her was not one of them. Not with how much danger he felt from her the first time she appeared.

"I am; well, was. It has been years and though I won't mind having sex with a male. You just have the right body figure I like. Feminine enough for me to ignore the part you're male. So, wanna fuck to pass the time? Though, I will tell you, that it will cost you 10 years to temporarily give me the body of flesh for an hour, which is enough time for us to enjoy ourselves." Kuroko smirk at the way her partner feels a little uncomfortable right now.

"Yeah, I have no [Cinematic Record] right now, nor do I feel like going out killing zombies. Also, I would like to have sex with you, but my body doesn't have any sexual reaction at all. And yes, I'm straight." Klug glare at Kuroko at the end, when he knew right away what she was about to say about him not wanting to have sex with her.

"Ah, shit. Don't tell me that is another flaw been placed on you." Kuroko groans loudly. "Those types of flaws cost a lot to remove."

Klug is a little surprised instead of her mocking him. She outright claims it as a flaw, making Klug pale a bit. "How much is it to remove this flaw?"

"For suppressed or no sexual reaction is 500 years for the former and 10,000 years for the latter. The latter cost a lot due to this flaw is mainly for those that are born with it and those that placed this on another due to certain reason. Anyway, I have no idea which you have." Kuroko pause for a moment, then without hesitation to grab Klug's dick hidden in his pant, causing Klug to look at this in shock before that shock turns into a blank look as Kuroko's hand just went through him. "Yeah, it's differently the latter." Kuroko said to her partner as she just gave him a small tease. No reaction whatsoever.

"Right..." Klug has no words on how to describe what he is feeling right now other than Kuroko will be one person that will make sure his life won't be boring.

3