Arc 1 – Chapter 9: Well, Shit…
72 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 9: Well, Shit...

An hour later*

"So, what's our next plan of action?" Klug asks everyone, ignoring the looks he got due to the fact, that Saya is still asleep and clinging to his legs. Something he didn't do a thing about. Also, Klug didn't miss the jealous look from Takashi, making Klug wonder if he had some feeling for Saya, even though Klug knows how Takashi being moody due to Rei. He even heard it last night too, where Takashi shouted like in canon. Nearly made Klug want to leave his room to question Takashi why the fuck he was shouting for in the middle of the night.

"Well, we're planning to find our family first. After that, who knows." Saeko answer Klug's question, trying to ignore the sleeping Saya for the time being. She even smiles at Klug, for being unable to remove Saya from his person.

"That's great..." Klug trails off, not sure what to say now. Other than that he did some thinking last night without Kuroko around to disturb him at the time.

For one thing, Klug shouldn't really think about others, like Saya, as a burden to him. After all, he is thinking from a completely different perspective and realize, that Klug was being silly and stupid for even thinking about such a thing. In the first place. The main reason he even thinks about wanting to be with Saeko in the first place is due to her personality, looks, and that she can fight.

Saya is another example of someone Klug could be with after bonding with her. Hell, she is a lot smarter than him, that's for sure. No matter how her personality is at first, that doesn't change the fact that she is a real person before Klug and not someone he watches on TV. So, for the time being, Klug will think twice, maybe thrice or so before thinking about something like people being a burden or not.


A few minutes later*

Klug awkwardly continues to stand and listening to the conversation going on with everyone, even Shizuka chipped in every so often. While here he is, standing still with Saya still hugging his legs, and not giving any inputs to the conversation.

Glancing at Kuroko, who is still touching Saya everywhere, causing Saya to subconsciously tighten her grips. Making Klug a bit helpless, because he realizes that even though he wants to be in a relationship with Saeko. Yet, with Saya, he notices how beautiful she look before his eyes and that he kinda likes the way she hugging his legs.

Furthermore, Klug can actually see him being able to deal with the way Saya acts most of the time. Since Saya quickly changed herself over a short period of time, making it possible for Klug to deal with Saya's moments of looking down on others.

"Mmm? What... this?" Saya woke up and notice she hugging something, which is warm and nice, making Saya not wanting to let go for even a second. Saya nearly falls back to sleep if it wasn't for the sound of giggles nearby.

"Nice to see you're awake." Saeko teases Saya, who looks at her with a blank, sleepy look. "I must say, I never took of you being so bold into claiming your man." Saeko said to the sleepy Saya, not realizing she getting glared at Kuroko right now.

"What do you mean by that?" Saya furrows her eyebrows before she blinks and looks at what she hugging this entire time. Where she discovers they are a pair of legs. Slowly, Saya looks up to see Klug looking down at her with an awkward smile. This causes Saya to shout and quickly move away from Klug as she can feel her face becoming hot.

In fact, everyone can see Saya's face turn completely red as she points at Klug, opening her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Making everyone see that Saya is beyond speechless and couldn't even begin to say what is going on her mind right now.

Klug thought about something, then glance at Kuroko before thinking what he is about to do and decide to go for it.

"By the way, Saya. I don't know if you were sober at the time or not, but I'm willing to accept your love confession." Klug knew the risk of doing such a thing, but he can't toss up the chance of doing so. And going by the surprised look on everyone's face, including Kuroko. "Even though, we're in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. As well as just knowing each other for not even a day. I accept." Klug grin, showing off his shark-like teeth.

"WHAT?!" Everyone begins shouting out their thoughts without caring if someone was listening or not.

"This has to be a prank!" Saya begins to panic, for she didn't really know if she had really confessed to Klug or not while she was in the state in between of falling to sleep and staying awake.

"Yup." Klug said with a deadpan and did not expect these reactions from everyone. Hell, he even saw Takashi literally glaring at him. "Seriously. Next time, please don't use someone's legs as a hugging pillow. I'm just glad it's a bit stiff and didn't fall asleep on me." To prove his point, Klug shows how it's a bit difficult for him to walk on his own without nearly tipping himself.

"You! You! You!" Saya can't believe what she just heard! "You bastard!" Saya quickly got up and head to the bedroom, which she didn't know it the same one Klug used last night, preventing everyone from seeing the hint of sadness on her face.

"That was kinda cruel of you, Klug-san." Saeko looks at Klug with disapproval. "Though, I guess it's somewhat my fault, for teasing Saya-san first." Saeko couldn't place all the fault on Klug.

"KYAAA! WHY IS THERE A GIANT SCYTHE WITH A SKELETON ON IT?!" Saya shouted at the top of her lungs from upstairs.

"Well, look like she can see it." Klug mumble to himself, where he took note of the happy look on Kuroko's face for finding out that Saya can see the [Death Scythe].

"Do you happen to know why she can?" Saeko walks up to Klug while waiting here, with almost everyone rushing into the same bedroom to check on Saya.

"Not a single clue." Klug didn't lie, but he will find out later once he gets some private alone time to speak with Kuroko. The whole only some people can see the [Death Scythe] while everyone can't. Kinda slips out of his mind, making Klug sweatdrop for not asking such an important question to Kuroko last night.

"Hmm." Saeko hummed, as she recalls the other night, where Klug looks confused that she could see the disturbing giant scythe at the time before inviting him into her home. This made Saeko blush a little, for she actually invited the opposite gender into her home for the first time and she honestly can't believe she did that. Though, Saeko is a bit curious about the 'what if' situation where Klug makes a move on her when they were alone.

However, Saeko quickly stops thinking about that and know, that there might not be possible for her to be together with Klug, once he knows about her dark pleasure, that she kept as a secret where no one but her knows.

"By the way..." Klug looks at Saeko, who is kinda lacking in clothes, with just an apron with a black thong and putting her hair up into a single ponytail. "I like your new look." Klug may as well see how Saeko reacts to the way he looks at her.

"Thank you." Saeko smile at Klug, not that bother with the way he is looking at her. It's not something new, for males to look at her with lust. But, to her hidden surprise, she didn't see much lust in Klug's eyes. Yes, there is some she could see, but there wasn't much compared to others. Saeko even saw plenty of lust in Takashi's eyes last night without any problem.

"You should change into something warmer, though before we head out." Klug wanted Saeko to stay like this, but that just bring too many problems doing so.

"Don't worry, I will." Saeko gives Klug a smirk before walking off, noticing that Klug is staring at her butt, making Saeko blush a little again, and wonder if she just gives it a try with Klug or not. Also, curious if Klug was a butt person with the way he staring at her's the entire time.

"Pervert~!" Shizuka pokes Klug on the right shoulder. "Naughty~!"

"Well, I am a healthy man." Klug replied dryly, while he watches Kuroko coming back from the bedroom and having a disappointed look on her face, causing Klug to raise an eyebrow.

"That's fine and all, but you can't look at my students like that. They're still children, you know." Shizuka smile at Klug, as she knows that Klug wouldn't do such a thing. After all, last night was proof enough that he didn't touch any of the girls in the building, including herself, much to her disappointment. Since this made Shizuka question herself if she was still beautiful if someone like Klug didn't have much of a reaction towards her.

"So, how about you, then?" Klug asks in a joking manner, but he didn't really have any interest in being with Shizuka. Lusting after her body? Yes. Be in a relationship with her? Not really. And this isn't because of the whole burden thing, but mainly because Klug can see many situations where he would have to break up with her the moment he leave this world for another. Seeing how Shizuka will stay behind here to look over everyone, no matter what as an adult in the group, which may change later on.

"Nope~! Sorry, but I'm saving myself for that special someone." Shizuka giggles at Klug, knowing he was just joking around with her. "If you don't mind me asking, but it seems like only Saeko-chan and Saya-chan can see this giant scythe while the rest of us can't. Do you know why that's the case?" Shizuka is curious about this, seeing how Saya and her other students in the bedroom are still shouting at one of another for a few minutes now.

"As I said to Saeko before. I have no idea." Klug shrugs his shoulders. "It's kinda like one of those things, that's believable in some people's eyes while nonsense with the others. The entire time since I have that scythe. The only person who can see it other than myself is Saeko and now I can include Saya too."

"Is that so?" Shizuka didn't believe it, but she will have to. After all, there are zombies walking among the living now. So, anything is possible in Shizuka's opinion. Then, Shizuka's eyes light, "Oh! Do you think we will find a unicorn somewhere in the world?!"

"Maybe." Klug wasn't too sure about there being a unicorn in this world, but if there are zombies. Hell, there might as well be other mythology creatures just waiting to come out in the open. Though, Klug highly doubts it until canon is finished or reach that point, then anything is possible in this world.

"Oh! I hope we find one!" Shizuka became excited about the future and quickly rush into the bedroom, to get everyone to hurry so they can leave.


An hour later*

"Ready everyone?" Shizuka asks everyone inside the vehicle, with only Klug standing on top of the roof to help deal with the zombies. Something many voiced how bad that is, but was silent the moment they saw him slice a wall apart with ease and using the invisible giant scythe that only Saeko and Saya can see, which some didn't believe it at first until that happens. Nonetheless, no one dares voice against Klug for wanting to take the rooftop of the vehicle for himself.

Once everyone gave the clear, Shizuka starts driving, but not before seeing Klug dropping from the side of the car, causing everyone to panic.

"I forgot-UGH!" Klug swallows the vomit before it can come out. "That I have motion sickness..." Klug cursing mentally inside, that he has such a stupid flaw! He ain't no dragon slayer from Fairy Tail! If he was, then he would willing to accept this flaw, but he isn't one!

"How could you forget something like that?!" Saya shouted in disbelief, not caring if she drawing zombies over. After all, having Saeko here and after Klug recover, these two would easily deal with the zombies no problem at all. However, for Saya, she can't believe this dolt would forget something so fatal in their current world!

"I forgot, okay?!" Klug groans before slowly getting back on his feet.

He can't believe this! This is literally the 4th flaw he has! The first one is unable to look away from any reflection the moment Klug sees his own face. Can't eat anything other than apple. Can't even have sex without a working dick, and now motion sickness! What. The. Fuck!

"Just keep driving. I can catch up." Klug didn't wait for the other to say a word and leap onto the nearest rooftops, much to everyone's disbelief, but Saeko, to see Klug jumping so high and so easily. "Go on!" Klug made a gesture for Shizuka to continue driving, which she did, after getting out the shock to see such an amazing thing that mostly seen in movies and TV shows with actions in it.


20 minutes later*

Everyone in the military vehicle looks in disbelief for the first few minutes before everything went to shockingly numb, for they have realized how powerful Klug is, including being extremely dangerous with none of them being able to do a thing to him. In fact, only Saeko and Saya can see the [Death Scythe] while the rest can't. Therefore, no one but those two would be able to see if Klug decided to kill them and they won't know unless they keep staring at Klug's hands, but that won't be enough for them to get away.

For they have seen how fast Klug is and can kill countless zombies by himself and catch up to the driving vehicle with no problem at all. If that wasn't a shock enough. Klug possesses some kind of supernatural ability to cause all the zombies to explode all at once by having one of the zombies being stabbed by the [Death Scythe], which both Saeko and Saya explained to everyone else that has no idea why the zombies exploded into nothingness. Not even any blood and flesh were left behind.

"So, you want to tell me why only Saeko and Saya can see the [Death Scythe]?" Klug asks Kuroko while did a quick check, to see he has obtained 3,719 years' worth of [Cinematic Record] so far.

"Oh, that's because those have the potential to awaken supernatural abilities on their own." Kuroko replied, then grin in Saya's direction, who shiver and quickly look around in a panic. "Saya, on the hand, had to be somewhat forced to awaken. Placing her on the same stage as Saeko's, who is about to awaken sooner or later. Anyway, those with the potential to awaken supernatural abilities or we're in supernatural worlds, then people will be able to see the [Death Scythe]. Ordinary people can't see it. Nor could they touch, same with people with supernatural abilities."

"I see..."

Now, this is more concerning for Klug since he only expected firearms and zombies, not people in Highschool of the Dead to awaken supernatural abilities! Then again, Klug shouldn't expect this world to stay as canon. Alice and her father are proof enough of that, including the fact, that the main group appearing at Saeko's home instead of at Shizuka's friend's home first last night.

So yeah, Klug going to have to be more careful the longer he stayed in this world.

"Is this due to my influence?" Klug asks Kuroko while hopping to another rooftop while throwing his [Death Scythe] a great distance up ahead, where there is a bunch of zombies crowding around.

"For causing people to gain supernatural abilities?" Kuroko asks back, where Klug nods in return. "Yeah, pretty much. This is kinda in a way of the world trying to push Shinigami and those not native of the world to leave by creating powerful foes. But, don't worry, that won't happen so soon in this world. Now, if you're planning to stay here like a year, then things will get worse, but not too bad you need to leave right away. However, bad enough to give you a warning that your time in this world is cutting short and you need to leave soon."

"Huh, I can see why that's the case." Klug sweatdrop for thinking he could just stay in this world for years while grinding a massive amount of [Cinematic Record]. "Will this still continue going even after I leave?"

"Not really. The moment you leave, the world resets. Leading to the world to be reused for beginner Shinigami and others again." Kuroko replied.

"I see." Klug can guess that even if someone powerful ends up destroying most of the world. The moment they leave, then the world reset. Making Klug wonder if this world and others would be considered like dungeons in video games. Where players can continue running it, no matter how much they kill. In the end, once the dungeon is complete. Everything in the dungeon resets, or maybe, the dungeon just creates a parallel dimension of it for others to run it. Similar to this world being just another parallel dimension created just for him to do whatever here to get a better grip on his new life and powers.

Now, that is a somewhat depressing thought. Nonetheless, Klug just has to keep on growing until he learns the truth without being in danger of doing so.

3