6: What a Wreak…
354 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘BOOOOOM’ A loud explosion rung out...

“What the fuck was that?!?!” I shouted out loud.

Suddenly a huge piece of... road? Was hurdling towards a couple of startled teen girls nearby, who heard the boom but didn’t see the giant boulder. Charging towards them I felt my eyes change, and I think my disguise was on too. I picked them both up and carried them away just in time, as the road boulder smashed down exactly where they had just been standing only moments before.

“Oh my god!” One girl screamed.

“Y-you saved us...” The other stammered out.

“Run! Now!” I shouted to them as I turned to face whatever threw the boulder.

And then I saw him. He was huge. Like, not a house huge, but maybe as tall as a double decker bus? He had muscles on muscles. He had stretched and ripped tracky bottoms on and thats it. Other than that, he was completely naked. He had short black hair that was at most a buzz cut. His hands were balled into fists which were... Holy shit, they were made of steel, or at least a metal that looked like steel. He wasn’t the one who truly caught my eye though.

It was her... in all her golden armoured glory. Apolla. She dodged him left and right. Using hard light to either block some of his attacks or use them as platforms while she occasionally either threw giant fire balls at him or shot him with her flaming golden bow.

Quickly looking around I saw a small alleyway. I hurried over to it and hid my purse securely behind the dumpster there. Which was better than risking anything breaking or blowing my identity. I ran out and assessed the situation. Apolla was barely doing anything to the giant guy. Every time she threw a fireball or shot an arrow at him he just turned his skin to steel and they just barely nudged him. Even from here I could tell that she was tiring slightly...

This was probably a bad idea, like a really bad idea. But I need to help her. She can’t take him down on her own. So I quickly ran towards them.

“No! Stay back!” Apolla shouted as she saw me approach.

“YOU, SHOULD, LISTEN, TO, HERO, PUNY, GIRL!” The giant man said as he swiped at Apolla with his fist. Which she just barely dodged.

“LEAVE, BEFORE, WRECKER, CRUSHES, YOU, LIKE, ANT!” The giant man. Who was apparently called Wrecker. Shouted at me mockingly.

Jeez... this guy’s basically the Hulk... if the Hulk was way larger... and could turn his skin to steel... and probably less angry... same level of stupid though. Maybe I could use that to my advantage? Perhaps if I grab his attention, then Apolla can get off the defensive and start going on the offensive instead.

“Yo Chrome Dome? What dumb ass name is Wrecker anyway? Ooooh look! I’m Wrecker! I wreck things... How original! ...NOT!” I shouted mockingly.

“What are you doing?!?! Ooof!...” Apolla screamed at me, before getting hit by a lamppost that Wrecker ripped out of the ground and smacked her across her stomach with. She got launched and smacked against the tree.

Ouch... that’s got to hurt... she looked injured but still conscious.

“Ruuuun!” Apolla yelled in pain as she gripped her stomach.

Wrecker. Who was now very pissed off with me. Picked up another giant road boulder and threw it at me with almost breakneck speed. Just as it approached me I suddenly felt myself get pulled back by something. Almost like the wind itself had saved me. Was that Apolla?

I looked briefly at Apolla who now appeared to have her mouth open in... surprise? Confusion? It was hard to tell with her helmet on. I looked back at Wrecker, who. Also seemed a bit confused. I was confused too. Until I looked behind me.

I... I have wings! Huge black glossy wings! They extended... I don’t know how long. But longer than my body definitely. I flexed them slightly... OMG I can fly if I want! I’ve always wanted to be able to fly! I beat them down slightly and I lifted into the air a bit.

“YOU, MAY, HAVE, WINGS! BUT, I, TEAR, THEM, OFF, AND, STILL, STOMP, YOU, PUNY, GIRL!” Wrecker bellowed in anger. He then started to charge me and next thing I know he’s almost upon me.

Not knowing what to do, I subconsciously put my hands up to block him and took a defensive stance. Which was an extremely dumb idea and I probably should have just dodged... or ran. I winced in anticipation but... what just happened? I felt a pressure on my left hand and I heard a loud crack. I also felt a bit of blowback but it was like a strong breeze and I stood my ground. I opened my eyes to something unbelievable.

I-I blocked him... I just completely absorbed the impact through my left hand and stopped him in his tracks! The road broke from the impact, but I was fine! Wrecker just looked at me with confusion. But it then turned into fear, as I balled my right hand into a fist and tried to summon my newly found powers. I suddenly felt energy amping up as lightning started arcing everywhere and the ground started to freeze over with ice. And then I punched him. I punched him as hard as I could. Right in his lower stomach. I heard a giant clang as my fist hit metal. But Wrecker just screamed in pain as I launched him across the street with the blast of a lightning powered punch and he impacted on the road causing a giant crater to form.

He attempted to move to attack me again... what an idiot. I summoned my powers again and focused more on the ice powers more, I felt power amp up in me again and launched giant icicles at him which seemed to slow down his charge. I then slammed my hands into the ground in hopes that it did something. Which it did. I instantly froze the ground causing him to slip and fall on his face. I laughed when that happened. But Wrecker just screamed in rage and anger. He picked himself up, turned his feet into steel and smashed them into the ground so he could run without slipping.

I drew on my powers again. And while I intended to throw icicles at him again, instead, something else happened. I summoned a massive amount of wind and threw it at him. But in this wind was a fuck ton of snow and ice. Holy cow! I just summoned a blizzard! But, it was extremely difficult to control. It took every ounce of strength just to direct it towards Wrecker. Instead of it just raging around everywhere. Although unfortunately it didn’t end up hitting just him. It also hit everything else in the path that I directed it. I saw that out of the corner of my eye, Apolla put up a shield of both hard-light and fire. So as to block the oncoming blizzard. As I was distracted by Apolla, Wrecker saw an opening and smacked me sideways into a building. Which slowed down the blizzard so that it was instead a light snow.

Holy fuck that hurt! I guess I don’t just automatically absorb the impact. Well unless I block it apparently. I think my shoulder dislocated but I slammed it back in and carried on. Okay... now he’s just pissed me off. After stretching my sore arm slightly I drew on my powers again. And just like that. A gigantic thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere. Striking ginormous bolts of lightning in random places. I was a bit surprised, but I went with it. Wrecker who saw the storm. Probably expected another giant attack or something so he turned his whole body to steel in order to protect himself. Which also completely immobilised him. What an idiot... how dumber can you get? He’s in a massive thunderstorm and he just turned himself into metal... I didn’t even need to do anything.

He was suddenly hit by the mother of all lightning bolts... or one of them at least... there were still giant lightning bolts striking randomly around the area. In an instant he suddenly turned back to flesh and fell to his knees in agony. Smoke started coming off of his body, and his tracky’s which were frozen before were now on fire. He was really hurt but still attempted to get up to attack me again... Jeez. This guy just doesn’t learn. I then flicked my hands and drew out my claws. They now had little sparks of lightning coming off of them as well as a cold icy mist. I rushed forward. Using my new wings to launch me faster, I closed in on Wrecker and in a flash struck upwards and sideways, with my right hand. Ripping into his flesh and causing him to stagger backwards and collapse. It seemed I finally managed to knock him out. The wound that I inflicted was now bleeding big time. And I quickly froze over the wound, causing his bleeding to stop and the wound to heal slightly.

He might be an evil villain. But I wasn’t going to kill him... I looked at him carefully. he probably won’t wake up for a while but just in case I decided to freeze his limbs in place with ice so he would have a harder time escaping... the nasty wound that I caused will probably scar over and remain with him for the rest of his life. But he was an asshole. So he deserves it. I looked around at the surrounding area... oh shit... that’s not good...

The whole area was knee deep in thick snow. The trees were frozen solid and looked like giant icicles. All except the one that Apolla was at. Which seemed to have been mostly protected by her shields. I felt the thunderstorm dissipate as I watched Apolla struggling in an attempt to get up. So, I decided to sort of glide over to her. I can’t exactly fly yet so it was a struggle but I managed.

“Are you alright?” I asked worriedly.

Apolla gave me a look with her softly glowing eyes. Taking me in before she responded. “Yes I think I’ll be alright. It will take me a bit to heal but I should be fine in a few days...” She said, wincing slightly as she felt her injury.

“What about you? You took a hit into that wall. Are you alright?” She asked me with genuine concern.

“Uh. Yeah. I think I dislocated my shoulder. But I popped it straight back in and it seems fine now...” I said while rubbing and moving my shoulder around.

“Hmph! Lucky... You must have fast healing abilities or something.” She said with jealousy clear in her voice.

“Anyway. I appreciate the assistance. Honestly I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t arrived... Wrecker, or whatever he likes to call himself. Is the first Emerged that I have encountered where my powers had very little or no effect on him. So thanks.” She said looking relived, before she looked around. “It’s a shame about the neighbourhood though... but I suppose that couldn’t be helped?” She asked suspiciously.

“Ah... no. I don’t think so... uh, that was the first time that I properly used my powers on a large scale, or really on any scale, and... it was pretty hard to control...” I admitted. Feeling guilty for the destruction that I caused.

“Yeah. I’m not entirely surprised about that...” She said while looking around. “By the gods... your power rank must be off the scale... You’re by far the most powerful Emerged person I’ve ever met or heard of... and I know Mystrix Pallas... You’re probably even stronger than her...” She reasoned as she looked at me with complete awe and perhaps even a slight bit of fear.

“Yeah... I really need to find a way to control these powers better. The one who was... uh helping me learn. Had to leave suddenly...” I said nervously.

Apolla. Looked at me for a second before noticing what I was wearing.

“Aren’t you cold? You’re wearing a crop top and it’s now freezing outside...” She asked as she gestured to my exposed midriff.

I looked at my body confusingly for a second, before picking up a bit of snow and placing it against my body as a test. I felt that, it was meant to be cold. But I didn’t feel cold. Weird.

“Huh. It seems that due to my powers I’m now completely immune to the cold...” I said while dropping the snow back onto the ground.

She didn’t really register what I said as she just continued to stare at me before eventually speaking again.

“Do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar somehow...” She asked me as she stared at me with confusion.

“Uh... no? I don’t think we have met before. And I think I would have remembered meeting, The Apolla, before...” I said with sudden awe. Holy shit I’m actually talking to her. How am I just realising this now?

“The Apolla?” She giggled. “Uh yeah. I definitely don’t think I’ve met you before...” She said. As she carefully and sorely moved into the deep snow.

“You should probably get out of here before any more heroes arrive on the scene. If some of them knew what you did here then at best they would think of you as a vigilante. And at worse they would think you’re a villain.” She said to me calmly as she looked at the still unconscious Wrecker.

“Oh... really? They would think I’m a villain? Even though I helped out?” I asked with surprise and confusion.

“Yeah they would. You’re basically an unknown, super powerful emerged who just levelled the entire street. It’s a good thing that we weren’t in a residential part instead. Otherwise people might have gotten hurt.” She explained seriously.

“Oh. Well what about this mess? I can’t just leave it like this...” I said as I gestured around. In an attempt to stop feeling even more guilty than I already was.

“Oh don’t you worry about that. Having fire powers does have it’s uses... I’ll thaw out this place in no time.” She said as her eyes went from a soft glow to two miniature stars.

Huh. So her eyes do turn into stars... cool. I was about to say something else when I heard a deep groan a few feet away.

“Shit! I thought he would be out longer! Damn. I haven’t even restrained him properly yet.” Apolla said suddenly as she rushed over to Wrecker.

I quickly flapped my wings hard and launched myself into the air and landed, kinda, softly next to Wrecker.

“WRECKER... WILL... STILL... CRUSH... YOU... PU...” Wrecker said before I interrupted him with a strong punch to the face. Which knocked him out again... and broke his nose... whoops.

“Jesus... Well I guess that’s one way to secure him.” Apolla said as she stared at the bloodied face of Wrecker.

“Yeah... maybe I over did it a bit?” I asked awkwardly.

“Well anyway. Thanks again... Do you have a name? Or...” Apolla asked curiously.

“I’m not telling you my name! No offence, but hero or not I don’t know you.” I said defensively.

“No! No. I meant like a Emerged name... a superhero name or whatever...” She said somewhat awkwardly.

“Oh... no. Not yet...” I said, as I rubbed my arm shyly.

“Oh... well I guess for now I will just call you Stormy...” She said happily.

“Stormy? Really?” I asked sarcastically. Was that really the best name she could come up with?

“Yeah! Stormy! Because, you know... you create storms.” She smiled cutely at me.

I just sighed in response. Before she continued...

“Anyway. You really should get going. I don’t want to have to potentially arrest you. But don’t worry! I’ll stick up for you to the other heroes Stormy! It’s the least I can do!” She said happily as she constrained Wrecker tightly with ropes made of hard-light.

“Oh... oh yeah... right. Leaving now. Um. Well good luck with WRECKER! Oooooh scary...” I joked as I backed up slowly. Apolla giggled at my joke. Which was nice.

“Anyway... see you around... I guess.” I said as I waved a goodbye before flapping my wings and launching myself into the air.

“Bye!” Apolla waved as I flew upwards slightly.

I beat my wings down a few times and managed to, very wobbly, make my way over to the little alley where I hid my purse. It was fortunately undamaged and snow free. As I exited the alley I saw Apolla starting to melt the ice and snow that I left behind. Wow! She’s a very nice person. And I kind of felt bad for leaving her to clean up my mess. But, that was better than potentially getting arrested by heroes, which I definitely didn’t want to happen.

Although now that she pointed out that I seemed familiar. She too also seemed familiar as well? But... noooo. It must just be in my head... dumb brain... Just as I was leaving I saw a flock of ravens circling above the battle.

“Huh. I probably scared them when I brought on a sudden winter. Sorry birdies...” I said out loud to myself as I walked back out in the open to fly away.

I beat my wings a few times and launched myself into the air. I sort of flew in place for a few moments and tried to get my wings to work properly. When I was satisfied that I, probably, won’t fall out of the sky. I flew forwards and, very carefully, flew home.

-Evangeline’s point of view-

“Wow what a day...” Evangeline said to herself as she looked back on the events of today.

-Earlier-

This morning I left my shitty apartment and took a taxi to my new college. I would have taken a college bus, but non of them go near my apartment and it was just quicker to take a taxi anyway. When I arrived I hurried to the reception area near the front of the college.

After speaking to the receptionist and doing all of the new student stuff, I took a seat away from the front desk and sat down. I then proceeded to study my phone in an attempt to decipher this thing that they call a map. How is this a map? It’s so complicated.

My thought process got interrupted though when I heard a quiet feminine voice speaking. I looked up to see the most gorgeous girl I’ve ever seen in my entire life...

Wow! Wow! Wow! She looks... OMG. Her face... she’s like a goddess! Her cute button nose, those full luscious lips... and her hair! It’s like a river of soft dark brown curls that just flowed down her back... I can’t quite see her eyes from here, but... I bet they’re beautiful. She’s quite a bit shorter than me too. But that just adds to her cuteness. I’ve... I’ve, got to get a closer look at her... but how? I pondered on this as I looked back at the confusing map.

A few minutes later passed and the gorgeous girl finally finished with the receptionist. But she started to walk away... Shit. Shit. Think Eva... Think! Wait. The map! Without a second to lose I popped up and quickly walked after the girl.

“Excuse me?” I asked politely. Even though my heart was beating at like a million miles per hour.

The girl just turned around and stared at me with wide eyes. Oops! I think I made her jump... wow I was right. Her eyes are beautiful. They were this kind of deep green that at the same time also glowed bright green. I could see little flicks of blue in there as well. And. Wow, she must be super good at eyebrows because those are perfectly shaped. Not to mention those lashes! Are those natural? Damn she must have gotten really good genes from someone...

I looked further down her body and admired her fashion choices before seeing her actually body. Oh my god! Why is she so perfect? Her breasts are amazing! And her waist! It’s so thin... damn and that subtle muscle tone is doing wonders for her looks. How is her skin so flawless? And those legs... Okay Eva... stop staring. Before she thinks you’re creepy.

“Uh... y-yes?” The gorgeous girl stammered out. Ah shit! I stared too long. She must think that I’m totally creepy now...

Well no turning back now. “Sorry to bother you but this map is so confusing... Can you tell me where T107 is?” I asked. Please don’t think I’m creepy, please don’t think I’m creepy…

“Wait. T107? You don’t happen to take Computing do you?” The gorgeous girl asked with surprise.

Well that’s one problem solved I guess... “Yes! That’s the course I’m taking. It’s my first day here... so... sorry. I’m just so lost.” I apologised. Jeez I probably sound so pathetic.

“Don’t worry! That’s fine. The map is super confusing, it throws most people off. Even when they’ve been here for years...” She started it explain how it worked. Although it was hard to concentrate with her gorgeous lips moving like that.

“...Does that make sense?” She asked. Somehow, even though I got distracted and that she did ramble the explanation slightly, I managed to understand everything that she said.

“I think so? It sounds stupidly complicated for like no reason though.” I said, while thinking on how I was going to try and remember all of this information.

I was about to unfortunately, say goodbye and thank her for her help, when she started talking again.

“If you want, we can just go together anyway. Seeing how we’re both in the same class.” She reasoned. Hold up, what?

“Wait really? You take Computing too? What are the chances of that?” I asked bemused. Holy shit! We’re in the same class! I can’t believe my luck!

“No idea... but we should get going. Otherwise we’re both going to be late.” She said as she walked towards the exit of the reception area.

“Oh, right!” I said with sudden realisation as I caught up with her.

“I’m Elle by the way...”. She said as we walked quickly towards what was apparently the Technology department.

“Hello Elle. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Evangeline.” I introduced myself and shook her hand while we were walking.

“Evangeline huh? Not a name you usually hear a lot...” She said... Was she attempting to make small talk?

“Yeah. My parents wanted a unique name for me. No idea why though...” I said. Kinda half assing the explanation because I’m way too nervous.

We eventually reached the classroom though... after a bit of awkward silence...

“Thank you for being so kind. I’m not sure what I would have done if you hadn’t helped me...” I thanked Elle happily. Hopefully she doesn’t think I’m totally weird and creepy. I really wanted her to be my friend.

“That’s alright. It’s no sweat off my back, really.” She responded nicely. Well there’s sweat on mine... why is it so hot in here?

“Well, still...” I said awkwardly as we entered the classro... oh. Computer lab actually... that makes more sense.

Elle swiped her, lanyard? I think it’s called? On an electrically powered block, which must be the registry. So I did the same. Before stopping and looked around the classroom... uh. Where was I going to sit?

“Hey if you want we can sit together...” Elle suddenly preposed.

“Really? Okay. Thanks!” I said with a super happy smile. Wow! She is so nice! And pretty!

As we sat down, Elle turned on her computer and got set up. So I did the same.

The lesson was pretty fucking awesome. Not only did I get to learn more about computers, I’m a pretty good hacker if I do say so myself... But I also got to sit by the most beautiful girl in the world! I got a few looks for being ‘the new girl’ but that’s to be expected. Class went smoothly, until...

Every computer in the class crashed! The teacher got annoyed and said something but I was too busy trying to figure out how to fix it.

Next thing I know, Elle got out a small laptop and started typing on it at like, a million miles per hour. I was about to ask her about it when she suddenly got up and walked over to the teacher. She then plugged it in to his computer and... oh my god! She was hacking the school network! The teacher just kept asking questions and Elle just calmly mentioned that she invented a main operating system, and was only here to get the degree...

Before long all of the computers started working again and she just calmly walked back towards me and sat down. Holy shit... She’s kind, gorgeous and a genius too? Where has she been all my life?

“Wow Elle! That was amazing! And I thought I was a good hacker... you literally killed that virus and restored the whole system within like, 5 minutes...” I said. Damn! Her computer skills are amazing. I’ve got to get her to give me some tips some time...

“It was nothing... just a little hack and a little bit of extermination.” She shrugged off. The fuck? She’s humble too? How is she actually this perfect?

“Well. It was still awesome. So humble yourself all you want but I’m going to remain impressed all the same.” I said while giving her a massive grin. She can try and be humble if she wants, but I’m not going to let up.

Elle blushed cutely before turning back to her computer and continued on working.

After class had ended I saw Elle check her phone and looked almost surprised at something. Maybe she doesn’t have anymore classes today? I hope so. I wanted to ask her something.

“Do you have anymore classes today?” I asked. As I quickly hopped up next to her.

“Uh no. I don’t. Why?” She asked, nervously? Oh no... does she not like me? Oh god I hope I’m not coming off as clingy…

“Well I was wondering if you would like to hang out or something sometime?” I asked hopefully... and nervously. Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes...

“Wait what? Really? Why?” She asked in surprise? Okay... I did not expect that.

“Well because you’re smart, and kind. And I see a sort of kindred soul in you.” I explained. Not to mention that you’re super cute...

Before she could reply though she got a message on her phone. So I just waited awkwardly while she quickly answered her phone before turning back to me.

“Sorry about that. Um, yeah! I would love to hang out. We could do so now if you want? Unless you’ve got more classes today that is?” She asked. Wait what... really? Now? OMG! Yes!

“Nope. Just Computing... So sure! Where do you want to go?” I asked as I barely contained my excitement. Is... Is this actually happening?

“Well I have groceries to pick up but then you could come back to my place if you want?” She asked while smiling at me.

“Yeah sure! That sounds good.” I agreed. Oh my god. I’m already going back to her house! Okay, calm down Eva... keep your cool. She doesn’t know that you like her in that way. She’s probably straight anyway so don’t get your hopes up...

“Cool... Lets go...” She said as we started to walk towards the entrance of college.

I can’t believe this is actually happening! This is the best first day EVER!!! I continued to smile happily, until we got to the entrance of college that is... when my phone gave off an alert. I looked at it, and just like that, my good mood ended. Fuck! A Villain is in the middle of robbing stores... Son of a... Fine. Duty calls...

After I gave a ton of excuses to Elle. Who probably hates me now... I mean honestly! I just hope she believed my ‘friend was in an accident’ excuse... ugh... nice one Eva... anyway after that mess. I ran off to where the villain was last sighted, then quickly dove into a nearby alleyway once I got close enough. Making sure nobody was around, I quickly summoned my armour and activated my powers. Marvelling at how shiny and golden my armour was. I flicked my hand and summoned my bow quickly before dissipating it again. And then I was off. Rushing towards the sudden boom that sounded out suddenly.

That’s when I met Wrecker. Who then shouted out about ‘HOW HE WOULD CRUSH ME’ God what an asshole. The fight was pretty fucking hard if I do say so myself. Me throwing fire at him and protecting myself with light while he just continuously turned parts of himself into a steel like metal and tried to hit me. I had to save a few people from some boulders that he threw a few times. Before attacking him again. One boulder that he threw at me went askew like crazy and missed me completely. I barely had time to register where it was heading before he charged at me again.

The next thing I know and she arrived... I tried to stop her from getting herself killed but that pole REALLY did a number on me. I’m going to be sore for a few days, that’s for sure...

The rest was a bit of a blur. Mystery Girl grows massive black wings, then she becomes like a literal storm. Shooting massive bolts of lightning everywhere and giant icicles. Her stopping Wrecker’s punch was fucking amazing. The look on his face when he realised what she was about to do... Perfect... Then that blizzard... jeez, good thing I put up my shields in time otherwise I would have become an Apolla popsicle... by the time the fight was over she turned the whole area into a winter wonderland.

Afterwards we talked... and during those conversations I swear that I knew her... she seemed so familiar to me... but I couldn’t place where I’ve met her before. In the end I gave up though. I think it was just a weird feeling... she was a very nice person though. And if she hadn’t shown up, I would have been a goner for sure. It’s kinda scary how Wrecker just resisted all of my attacks... Well not all of them. I hadn’t the chance nor opportunity to do some of my more powerful attacks before I got smacked into that tree.

After the very enlightening conversation with little Stormy, (and the little display of strength that she gave when punching out Wrecker again.) I got stuck cleaning up her mess. Which to be honest was the least I could do, she did save my life after all. Just as I started to finish thawing the last of the trees a couple of heroes finally arrived to help apprehend Wrecker.

“About time...” I said out loud.

Announcement
I’m back! Sorta… I’m planing on basically writing the entire book before slowly releasing it. For more info check my main page.
15