Chapter 8: The Challenge is Issued
36 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suzuki charged back in at Ken, going for his legs, shooting for a take down. The bulldog like Imura High delinquent was strong, and the Hitokiri president’s feet started to lift off the ground. WHAM! Suzuku drove Ken into the garage wall, but Ken wasted no time, immediately driving elbow strikes into the back of Suzuki’s head.

Suzuki let out a groan as the elbows started to take their toll, eventually letting go of Ken’s legs. THWACK! As he tried to step back, he received a knee to the face for his troubles sending him sprawling backwards across the floor.

“Alright, I’m done playing now!” Ken growled at his opponent.

Suzuki got back to his feet and began scanning the room, looking for a weapon. There wasn’t a whole lot that he could see that would be of use, with the only notable thing being a chair. That seemed to be good enough for him and he sprinted for it picking it up in both hands. He swung the chair around, letting it go and throwing it at Ken as hard as he could.

Ken rose his leg to meet the chair in mid air, kicking it across the garage. It crashed into the wall, leaving a pretty big crack in it’s wake. Suzuki stared in disbelief. What was he going to have to do to beat this monster? In his final burst of energy, Suzuki sprinted at him, again going for a take down, but Ken grabbed a hold of him. Lifting him up and throwing him through the garage door, right towards Louis.

Louis jumped out of the way just in time as the bulldog like delinquent came crashing past him, hitting the floor and rolling to the other side of the narrow back street. Louis knew That Ken was strong. If he was being honest with himself, he felt like the president had been holding back when he fought him in the alleyway, but this was insane, he just watched him manhandle this guy with what seemed like relative ease.

Suzuki took a second before he sat up on the ground, wiping some blood from his face. “Well, Hitokiri was always said to be one of the strongest crews around. Makes sense that someone like you would be leading the new generation”.

Ken grinned as he slowly walked towards his downed opponent.

“Just get it over with”, Suzuki said. “I’ve got nothing left”.

Ken squatted down in front of him. “Nah, you’re a beaten man”, he replied. “How’d you find out where I live?”.

“We went to your school and got some nerdy first year to get the student’s records off the computer system”.

“Heh, not bad”, Ken said. “I’ll have to deal with that kid later. “Did Kouta send you?”.

Suzuki nodded, “Revenge for what one of your guys did to a couple of ours the other day”.

Ken stood back up, staring down at Suzuki. “Scurry back to Iruma and tell Kouta what happened here okay?". Suzuki nodded his head.

Ken continued “Are you familiar with Nishimachi Park?”.

Suzuki nodded again. “Just behind the hospital right?”, He asked.

“That’s right, Tell, him we’ll meet him there tomorrow night. Tell him to bring his best guys and we’ll put an end to this little squabble we’ve found ourselves in.

“Why there though?”, Suzuki asked.

“Well, it’s just as you said. It’s right next to a hospital, so your boys won’t have far to go when we send them there”, Ken replied, leaning back his head and laughing.

Suzuki slowly got to his feet, and began to head off down the road. He saw his downed allies, some of them slowly getting back to their feet, then turned back one time, locking eyes with Louis as if acknowledging his strength.

“Oh yeah by the way!”, Ken called out. “You’re lucky you didn’t hit my car!”.

Louis and Ken watched until Suzuki and the other delinquents disappeared around the corner, before they both entered the garage. Ken, sat down on one of the beanbags he had facing his TV.

“Sorry, I almost threw him in to you”, Ken said. “I get tunnel vision when I fight you know? Thanks for the help by the way!”.

“Don’t mention it”, Louis replied as he also took a seat.

“How’d you know those guys were coming for me?”, asked Ken.

“Kaoru. She saw them at Makoshi, figured it could be related to Jamie getting jumped at the train station”, Louis replied.

Ken leaned back, taking a pack of smokes out of his pocket and lighting one up. “Want one?”, He said, holding out the pack to Louis.

“Nah, I’m good, Louis replied. “You fucking Japanese smoke like chimneys don’t you?”.

Ken nodded, laughing as he exhaled smoke. The two sat in silence for a moment. “Well”, Ken said as he took another drag. “I guess I better rally the troops”.

 


 

Ken decided that he was gonna take all of the Hitokiri members out that night. They were going to be meeting at a karaoke place.

“He says it’s a way to boost morale before the fight tomorrow”, Louis explained to Jamie as the brothers walked the side streets around Ameyoko Market on their way to the karaoke place.

“What’s the need though?”, Jamie questioned with a smug smile. “Our morale’s fine! We know we’re gonna absolutely kick their asses!”.

“Keep, in mind, it’s the first public appearance of the eighth generation”, Louis said. “The guy’s are all strong, don’t get me wrong, but maybe some of them are a little nervous.”.

“That Ginji’s definitely shitiing himself!”, said Jamie, “That’s probably what he wears the mask for. Hide is chattering teeth every time he gets into a fight.”

As the twins got closer to the market, the noise of vendors beckoning over customers and haggling over price grew louder and louder.

“Oh no!”, Jamie said Not this again!”. As soon as the market came into sight, he broke into a sprint so fast that his topknot just about became untied. Louis had to start running himself, just to not lose sight of him.

An old lady and her dog were standing on the corner of the market street. She was struggling with trying to put some things into her bag whilst holding her dog’s leash at the same time. She saw Jamie sprinting towards her and reached out to him.

“Excuse me young man, would you mind hold…..”.

“PISS OFF LADY!”, Jamie screamed. “I’m not interested in buying whatever it is your selling”.

Louis came running after him just a few seconds later. He stopped to hold the lash for the old lady. “Sorry about him, he’s got some anger issues”, he said as he handed the leash back, taking off in a flash after his brother.

 

The two arrived at the Karaoke place a little late. The lady at the counter nicely showed them up to the room. As they opened the door, they were met with Ginji, casually leaning against the wall with one arm. He looked right past the twins, his gaze solely locked on the lady behind them who had showed them to the room.

“So, we meet again”, Ginji said, trying to sound charming. “care to come in and join us?”.

“For the last time no! She shouted back. “I have work.”

“That’s okay, Ginji said as he slowly inched towards her. “we can always hang out another time. How about you give me your num…...”. CRASH! The door slammed shut in his face as the woman stormed off down the hallway.

Ken, Shohei, Riku, Hiroshi and Taka who were also in the room, broke out into hysterical laughter.

“Oh man, Real smoothe!” Riku cackled.

“Yeah, well, you guys all sitting around starting probably put her off”, Ginji said, trying to save face.

“You guys finally made it!”, Taka said. “We were starting to think that maybe you weren’t coming”.“That wouldn’t necessarily have been a bad thing”, Shohei said.

“Just ignore this grumpy asshole”, Taka said, playfully nudging Shohei in the sides. “Here take these and decide what to eat and drink”. He handed Jamie and Louis a menu each.

“Oh and don’t worry about the price”, said Ken. “I’m paying”.

The guys all ordered their food and set about having a night of Karaoke. Jamie and Louis both weren’t exactly good singers, but it was made abundantly clear that the others weren’t either.

“Oi come on guys, let’s maybe pick something that they’ll know too”, Riku said, pointing to the twins.

“Nah, fuck that!”, said Shohei. “I wanna sing Coldrain”.

Shohei now had the twins attention. “We like Coldrain”. They both said in almost perfect unison.

“Great, chuck em a couple of mics then”, Ken said.

Reluctantly Shohei passed the brothers a microphone each, agreeing to sing a song or two with them. He picked a song by Coldrain and they launched into it.

Jamie and Louis could sing just about the whole song without even having to look at the lyrics on the screen. The rest of the Hitokiri guys all clapped and laughed as they belted out the song. It got to a heavy part in the song with a breakdown, and Jamie, seemingly with ease started to belt out almost perfect screaming vocals.

“Fuck yeah!” Riku yelled. He jumped on to the table and began headbanging, flinging his long hair around.

The other Hitokiri guys all decided to join in, and before you knew it, they were all headbanging and jumping around the room. The song finished and the guys all started laughing and fist bumping. Hell, even Shohei was smiling.

“Where the hell did you learn to do vocals like that?”, the blonde haired delinquent asked.

Jamie shrugged, “I just screamed along to songs in my room until I could do it”, he replied.

After a singing a few more songs and sharing a few more laughs the Hitokiri guys finished up for the night. The lady working at the front desk completely ignored Ginji’s final, desperate attempt to talk to her as they exited the building. All six of the full Hitokiri members lit up a smoke as soon as the door slid shut behind them. Hiroshi was just about shaking he was that desperate for a cigarette.

“Tomorrow night is going to be the public debut of the eighth generation of Hitokiri, I hope none of you are taking that fact lightly”, Ken said as he addressed the group.

The guys all nodded in acknowledgement. “We’re going to make Kouta and the rest of the pricks at Iruma High wish they’d never even heard the word Hitokiri”, he said with a sly smile.

“Just don’t forget guys”, Jamie butted in. “Kouta’s mine!”.

“You better not let us down tomorrow Gaijin’s”, Shohei growled. “Don’t make us regret making you probationary members”.

“What do you mean US?” Ginji spat out. “You voted against them becoming probationary members.”

Shohei glared at Ginji. That’s all the masked delinquent needed to know to keep his mouth shut.

“Enough bickering!”, Ken yelled. “None of that before a fight! We need to all be on the same page”. He dropped his cigarette to the ground. Stamping it out. “Alright boys. I’ll see you all tomorrow”.

With that, The guys all went their separate ways.

4