Chapter 5 : Kevin’s Past (3)
149 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

((Warning!! Gory moments!!

A wide long corridor with floors covered with brownish yellow marble and white concrete wall. A huge arc window occupied a whole wall at the end of the corridor and large amount of sunlight passed thought, illuminating the whole corridor.

Step. Step. Step. 

Sounds of footsteps rang as Kevin step on the tiled floor. He slowly proceeded and he did not noticed the dark gloomy cloud over his head was gone as he walked forward to the light creating a huge shadow following behind him.

But the weird thing is, there was only one source of light but the shadow behind Kevin formed three figures.

And these three shadows all have different height and shapes.

Despite the clear light coming from the window ahead, Kevin was still wrapped by darkness. Behind him was so dark, that a line strangely formed from where he stands.

Like the horizon, the light and the dark meet with Kevin as the center. Three shadows covered the entire dark corridor, and these shadows occupied everything Kevin passed by.

Then the shortest shadow moved. It deviates from the action carried by Kevin who is in front. It quickly deformed and distorted. From Kevin's feet, as if, the light suddenly shifted direction, that shadow turned and went in front.

Kevin stoped his steps. A dark shadow slowly formed from his feet and extending forwards on the ground beneath his feet.

The shadow did not fade when it went against the light, but it ate the light instead. It covered the entire huge window at end of the corridor, not allowing any light to pass through. And the surrounding area was entirely enshroud by darkness. 

Then all of the sudden, from Kevin's eyes, he saw a familiar child.

The child have the blackest eyes he had ever seen, his hair merged with the darkness. His smile was innocent but was not naive.

The child was wearing a white pajamas, with his sickly pale white skin, he was even more conspicuous within the dark.

The child was beautiful but he was too thin and malnourished. This child is Kevin.

Despite being in a rich family, as a child he grew up alone and neglected. He lived in a mansion his father gave to his mother, alone and helpless.

His mother was always with his lover outside, and since his mother like quiet environment, the mansion can only be regularly cleaned once week.

With an empty mansion, Kevin once have to fed for himself, since he was alone. Kevin also suffered from selective mutism and can't converse to just anyone.

He does not know where he will get food from.

No one remembered him, not his mother or his father.

He lived like that for years, and it only stopped when Kevin almost died. The cleaners found Kevin at the stairs, sleeping like a lonely doll waiting for its master.

He slept at the hospital for four days and when he woke up, he does not remember anything anymore.

Three years of memories was forgotten just like that, but no one knew about it. He retain enough memory for anyone not to know.

But if someone just asked him, just a single question, then...

However, nobody did. No one cared and no one dare to. He was an abandoned child, worst than an orphan.

Selective amnesia — Kevin lived through his life deleting many memories just to get through a day.

And seeing the child in front of him, he can't help but remembered those he chose to forget. His dead eyes shows sighs of wavering.

"...you...why did you come back?" he softly asked.

"...I didn't. Kevin you called us back..." the child answered. His sweet and milky voice resounded eerily within the dark corridor. However, Kevin remain unfazed.

"...us?"

The child did not answered but showed a sweet smile instead. From the other two shadows behind, one of them vanished as well.

Then blood seep from the child's mouth. While he smiled, unbelievable amount of blood came out from his mouth, nose and ears. Even from his eyes, like he was crying tears blood, it continues to flow until the child became a bloody figure. 

The child then, moved his hands and covered his entire face. And when he removed his hands again, the child was no longer a child.

Kevin seemingly looking at the mirror, in front of him was the same 'Kevin'. The young man was crouching at the height of the child, he slowly stands straight and stared at Kevin with the same black eyes.

The blood lessen and only the blood from his head remains. He was wearing a school uniform neat and clean. Except the back was drenched with blood coming from the back of his head.

This was Kevin, from the time Eugene pushed him and hit his head.

"...are you coming back?" Kevin asked again. As Kevin looked at the 'Kevin' in front of him, a drop of tear went down from his eyes.

"We thought we will stay at your shadows forever devouring all your bad memories, but..." 

The only remaining shadow already disappeared. Leaving only a complete abyss behind.

Suddenly, the 'Kevin' in front abruptly fell down, like a puppet with its strings cut.

Then strong stench of rust fermented through the whole corridor. And this smell were more prominent at the place where 'Kevin' was laying.

It was eerily silent, Kevin stand there for a while before he decided to check the person laying on the ground.

He lifted his foot and made a step.

Chrips steps rang everytime Kevin step on the marble floor.

Then the sounds change as he went closer and closer to the figure on the ground. There is something wet and sticky on the floor and Kevin was stepping on it.

He halted his steps when he was only one meter distance away from the figure on the ground.

Strong stench of rust assaulted his nose, his eyes were filled with the colors of red.

He stared down and he saw a disfigured and mutilated bloody man at the ground. He just look and did not evade nor escape. Tears flowed uncontrollably from his eyes and it dripped and blended with the puddle of blood on the floor.

A mangled corpse lay dead on the ground. It was still fresh and rather gory. The limbs were savagely contorted, one of his arms was even torn off and placed distant away from the body.

The body was unrecognizable as the head exploded from shocked from the fall. One of the eyes was hanging on with its veins exposed still connected from the brain. While the other remains intact, but it was filled with blood almost poking out from the eyes socket, looking like it will burst any moment.

Half of the head now turned chunks of brain matter. The mouth was opened revealing a long tongue and some organs that was pushed up and came out of the mouth.

It was horrid and pathetic appearance. 

With tears continuesly form and drop down from his eyes, Kevin walked closer not leaving his sight from the mangled corpse.

He was just one step away when he stopped. He was standing with the head just in front of his feet, then he crouched down.

Tears drop from the cheek of the battered corpse. As if feeling warm and wet dripping from its skin, the corpse eye, the one that remain intact moved.

It's eye ball turn and stared at Kevin making a squelching sounds. Blood rush out from the space between the eye ball and the eye socket. Kevin also moved and directly kneel besides the corpse on the blood flooded ground.

A tear drop to the corpse eye, blending with the blood that was continuesly exude from within. Making it looked like it was crying.

And within the silent dark corridor, Kevin asked again.

"...are you...coming back?" 

The corpse stayed still for a moment, then it moved it's hand that was bend in unimaginable way.

Cracking sounds of bones echoes as the corpse forcefully move its hand to it's correct position.

This was the answer. 

The corpse used its broken hand to reach out to Kevin. Whether Kevin accepted it again, all depends if Kevin choose to hold the broken hand or not.

And Kevin did.

Kevin held the hand without a slightest bit of hesitation.

And from the moment both hand touched, the corpse vanished into a black smoke. The black smoke rushed towards Kevin, bringing the darkness that enveloped the entire corridor as well. 

It went inside Kevin's body through every pores and openings. It took only a second and the surroundings were clear and bright again, the only difference was Kevin was standing and was not kneeling on the floor. There were no tears or blood on his body. It's as if the thing that happened was just a nightmare.

That's right. 

It was just a nightmare.

Tears slowly flow on Kevin's emotionless a eyes. He clamped his fists tightly and used his sleeves to wipe away his tears.

"...welcome back...my nightmare..." He whispered and proceeded walking towards his room as if nothing happened at all.

But from his shadow, darkness seems to be denser. And observing it closely, you'll know that this shadow was nothing like Kevin's figure.

The shadow was dark and black, the human shape seems like made from the shadows of the fire. 

Then from where its head, suddenly appeared two huge gleaming circular eyes. Followed by a crack that was slowly forming under it's eyes. It's stretched until only an inch was left from both corner, then it opened showing a maniacal smile.

...

...

...

7