Chapter 6 : Nightmare (1)
168 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...did you gain weight, Ash?" Kevin asked, his expression stays blank, his eyes look dead. His face was pale and he thinned down. 

The cat wanted to complain a bit for being abandoned for a long time but was instead speechless from shock. It's silver eyes shrink as it observe Kevin. It hopped down and encircle Kevin a few more times before it finally meow, inviting Kevin inside his own room.

Inside, there's a large window parallel to the door occupying the whole wall with a fluffy, cozy bench chair below it. Beside it was a tall lamp and to the side is a vase full of rose flowers.

The bed was at the center in the middle edge of the room, beneath the bed was a wooly white carpet. 15 steps forward from the bed was a wall. There is a two sliding door on it, the entrance to Kevin's study. 

Kevin followed the cat inside obediently. He closed and locked the door, then they both went straight to the king's size bed. 

Flop!

Kevin let his body fell down like a lifeless doll towards the bed. He was really tired, uncomfortable and painful. Feeling the familiar beddings and the soft mattress, Kevin wanted to drift off to sleep immediately.

More like, he wanted to pass out.

The big cat went to the bed as well. Knowing what Kevin wanted to do, the grey cat used its paw to patted his cheek and call out softly.

Heaving a rather tired sigh, Kevin took off his shoes, pick up the big cat and went to the center of the bed. He opened the blankets and went inside, he then placed the big cat beside him.

"Meow~"

Kevin responded by stroking the big cat under the chin, his eyes remain closed and he seems to not want to opened it.

But the big cat was worried. Kevin's face was pale and despite his stoic face, the grey cat seems to smell blood coming from him.

It was just a faint smell, and more than that, the big cat can smell that Kevin was in pain.

Right. He is.

...

Every since his nightmare came back to him, Kevin's head was busting. All his forgotten memories came harassing him. And right now, he was doing all he can to cope with everything.

Those memories, Kevin did not choose to forgot them for a reason.

Specially, a certain memory that he really wished he never get back.

Although Kevin did told Adrianne about the past, he did not tell him everything. 

There are some truths that should be left hidden.

Maybe that's what Robert Hamilton and the Alexanders thought too. That's why they fabricated a lie, so that the truth will forever be submerged deep within the ocean. Never to see the light again.

Kevin slightly opened his eyes and stared at the big cat, he stroke its body and hug the big cat closer to him. 

"...sorry, Ash. Let me sleep for a bit..." He whispered as he burried his face under the fluffy grey fur. The big cat just gazed at its master, looking concerned and worried.

But it can't do anything. Ash was just a cat, a big grey cat.

It watched as Kevin breathing steadied, it adjusted it's position and after staring at him one more time, Ash the big grey cat lay beside Kevin.

Nevertheless, it did not closed it's eyes. The big cat's silver eyes just stayed alert, while watching its master asleep. 

Ash, the grey cat then called out softly, but it's meow was firm and hinting a bit of proudness, while looking at the windows direction. As if saying that, the big cat even used its own body to cover the thick rays of sunlight from the windows, so Kevin should just have a nice sleep.

... 

However, it was impossible for Kevin to have a nice sleep. 

Because right now, nightmare was helping him face all his fears. And it will not be such a nice dream.

...

...

...

"Honey. What do you think happened to those siblings?" 

Splash. 

Mr. Rich asked his wife as he wash up the black Cadillac he used to drive back from the hospital.

While Mrs. Rich was sitting at the bench holding a plate of slices of peeled apples. Beside her was a basket covered by white clothe.

"Don't asked me, daddy. You know how complicated that family is. If not for our young masters, I would have thought all members in those family were all crazy."

Crunch. Mrs. Rich took a bite of sliced apple before continuing. "But, have you noticed. Young master Kevin seems to look like before."

"Right, speaking off. When the madam was found dead on her bedroom that day. The young master was seen beside her, right. And if the rumors were right...ouch! Honey, is that really needed. You don't have to throw some stone at me. What if you missed a shot."

"Don't talk! Don't mention that again. What if someone heard you?"

Mr. Rich rub his red forehead as he gave up arguing with his wife.

Well, thinking about that day, it was really disturbing. He never thought that, they really exist.

Everyone knew that the madam was a mental case. She looks normal on the outside, and specially when she was with Mr. Hamilton, but...

She either ignore or beat her child when she went home.

Mr. Rich can't help sighing recalling those days. He rigorously wipe the car hood until it was shining and sparky. When he saw his reflection on them, he can't help but shivers.

It was like he was seeing his reflection through Kevin's eyes. 

Through the rear- view mirror, Mr. Rich happened to met Kevin's eyes on the way home.

Unfocused gazed like a black glass bead. His eyes were so dark, like an endless hole, making you afraid to look. 

'It was more dead than the last time..."

Mr. Rich shakes his head, and continued wiping the car seemingly erasing his thoughts.

Because even now, he refused to believed it. That's there such a mother in the world. He looked at his wife, even though she was not beautiful, her figure was round and looks like a caterpillar. His wife was gentle, kind, compassionate, yet strong and courageous.

She loves her children and can even sacrifice her life for them. 

Mr. Rich thought that all mothers will act like that towards their children.

Even if the child was born unwanted, as a mother their instinct will overwhelmed them. But...

They really exist.

A mother that can actually kill their child.

Mr. Rich really pity their young masters. He was thankful that he was born from ordinary family. 

If riches will result to this, losing their humanity and falling to insanity. Then Mr. Rich can happily remain as an ordinary servant.

Money makes one lose their own minds...

...

...

...

"...!"

The big grey cat did not know when it fell asleep, but it immediately wake up when it felt another presence inside the room.

It's eyes abruptly opened, it silver eyes squinted when it saw the dark room.

Dark room?

The cat turned it's head towards the wall in front of the bed and looked up to see the clock hanging on the wall.

Its eyes widen, the short hand was pointing past four and the long hand was pointing at nine. 

It tilted its head in confusion. It's still afternoon but the darkness inside the room seems like it was already midnight. 

Then suddenly...

The big cat jump in fright out of the bed. It landed steadily on the floor, with its fur standing up. It's tail stood stiffly, with the big cat's fur fully erect, it looks more fluffy that it turned into a literal fur ball.

On its silver eyes, reflected a black shadowy figure and it was straddling the sleeping Kevin on the bed.

The grey cat fiercely shrieked. It's claws were already gripping the carpet deep.

Hearing the noise, the shadowy figure turned it's head in twisting manner. 

It was a human figure but definitely not human at all!

It was black and dark, and there's an extension to every part of it's body like it was burning. Black smoke expelled from there and that smoke surrounds the figure.

There was two big round holes on its head, that the things behind can be seen through them. It looks confused, it titled its head in such distorted way as it stared at the big frightened cat on the ground.

Ash, the cat hissed once more. It silver eyes flashed a murderous light, it crouched down, ready to attack anytime.

That was a warning.

However, despite the big cat's threats and warnings. The black mass did not seems threaten at all, it even smile at Ash.

A long arc appeared almost cutting the head into two. It was a creepy maniacal smile, that even the big cat felt afraid.

But somehow, looking closely. The big cat's eyes dilated seeing the black figure somewhat familiar.

Then the big cat saw the black figure turn away from it and looked down at Kevin again.

Ash eyes shrink again hearing Kevin grunted in pain. The big cat fiercely let out a last warning hissed, it was ready to attacked the black mass figure.

But then, the shadow unexpectedly looked it's way again. However, this time, Ash completely lost its intent to attack. 

The shadows head still looks the same, two big round eyes and a creepy smile, except that there was now lines trailing from its eyes down it's chin.

It was crying.

Ash felt a heavy thud, beating its heart and it stop all its action. The big cat stared at the shadow figure, never moving nor blinking.

On the spur of the moment, even if Ash was alert and cautious. Never would it thought that the black figure will suddenly move and swiftly made it way in to the grey cat.

All Ash saw was a shadow. Then the black cat's consciousness faded to black.

...

...

...

7