Chapter 13 : Nightmare (8)
115 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I won't do it again. Baby, mommy won't harm you again, I promised." Beatrice sob, tears keep flowing down from her eyes, but her eyes were empty. Completely devoid of feeling of affection and love like she sounds right now.

But little Kevin was blinded by his hope now and didn't realized it. He nodded his head, his black eyes sparkles like night with tiny stars. He tried to smile, but all he accomplished was a small twitched that immediately turn back.

Beatrice comfort him, told him it was ok. She said that, from now on she, she will teach little Kevin how to smile and laugh like a normal child. 

She said that she will bring little Kevin out and visit Adrianne at their mansion. She promised never to leave little Kevin again alone and will bring him with her and live together with Adrianne at another place.

She promise, she promised many things. She said many beautiful things for little Kevin to look forward to. She speaks of a wonderful future, where they will be together. 

There is little Kevin, his mother Beatrice, his little brother Adrianne, and she told him about having a new father.

She told little Kevin about Robert Hamilton. Her childhood sweetheart, the love her life. She said that he will be his new father.

Kevin was happy, he knew who Robert Hamilton is. He was the one who gave him his phone number, saying that little Kevin can call him if he needed any help. Specially, if little Kevin see his mother being beaten by his father again. 

Little Kevin always called this number whenever he felt lonely.

He never always get a response from the other side. But occasionally, that man will answer his phone call.

The man sounded cold and indifferent, nevertheless, little Kevin still find the man reliable.

So, when he heard his mother telling him about that man. He was happy, more than that, he can finally see his little brother again.

His little brother that was as cute as a little angel. His cute little brother that will tell him stories he never heard before. He will be able to see his little brother again, and he will be as to live with him too!

There was no happy moment in little Kevin's life than having a happy conversation to his mother. 

It was peaceful, they talked more than an hour. Although, little Kevin mostly nodded and hummed in response to his mother. They still looked harmonious.

Beatrice looked happy, her smile was gentle and they talked and talked. 

They talked about her lover and her beloved son to this son of hers. If only things will remain like this forever, then...

But it was too late.

Beatrice stared at her son, who she saw making a happy expression for the first time. She pity him. Such a tiny and fragile life was born because of that trash bastard.

It was not his fault. 

He doesn't have to bare this cruel fate. She have to end it.

That's right, she have to end this. She chuckled  while looking at little Kevin. Her eyes glint murderous flash. 

"Do you like that, baby? I promise, we will be together from now on. I won't hurt you again or let anyone hurt you ever again." 

She pulled little Kevin into her embrace. They stayed like that for a while before she finally let go and picked up the tiny bottle that she left on the floor.

"Baby, do you know what this is?" 

Kevin shook his head. He doesn't know what that is, but his mother said earlier that it was a candy. But he don't know what a candy is, he never saw one before.

"This is a candy." She said, knowing that her son doesn't know what candy is. She knew this son of hers was very intelligent but he was innocent and naive. He does not know anything. He learn quickly but he was still lacking.

She saw his son looking at her with confused eyes, as if asking what a candy is. Her smile widens, her eyes brightens and she excitedly explain what a candy is.

"This is a candy." She took few tablet out of the medicine bottle. It was a pink oval pills, a letter 'F' and 'P' was curved on both side with a engraved diamond shaped in the middle. At the back of the pill, '20mg' was embedded deeply.

"It doesn't taste anything of you swallow it directly but if you chew it with your teeth it will definitely taste very bitter." She explained. "Do you want to try?" 

Little Kevin did not respond. He only looked at his mother doubtfully.

"It will also make your tummy not feel hungry anymore." 

That was the last straw. When little Kevin heard that, his eyes glow brightly. Everyday his stomach ache and Nightmare told him that it was because he was hungry. Nightmare always go around the manor, bringing him 'food' that he can stuff in his stomach so he won't feel the pain any more. 

And his mother was saying that this little thing called 'candy' can make his tummy not go hungry. 

Seeing this, Beatrice stood up from the floor to fetch the some water and the other bottle of medicine at the table with the same lable.

"Here, this is for baby to eat and this one is for mommy. Let's eat many candies together alright?" 

Beatrice smile, then she took a mouthful of pink tablets out of the bottle and directly threw it in her mouth. She drink the full glass of water and urge his son to do the same.

And little Kevin eagerly ate the tablets the same as what his mother did. 

He did feel full, but it was because of water. Little Kevin was so hungry that he didn't realized that. He haven't eaten for three days now. So, this so 'called' candy was just a luxury for him. 

He wanted to finish the entire bottle but his hand carrying medicines stiffened and halted just as he was about to eat his third bunch. 

His pupils dilated and he suddenly see white. Before his vision completely become blur, he saw his mother's expression. 

She was smiling. But the way she smile was not the same kind and gentle like he thought.

It was the same smile, the worst smile she has everytime she sees little Kevin trembles and hurt. 

But little Kevin never have a chance to feel scared and frightened. He saw his surroundings rotates and his vision blur. He felt confused and sleepy. Then his body and limbs begun to trembles uncontrollable. He doesn't know what was happening.

But he was hearing his mother. His mother was laughing very hard.

Beatrice was having the same symptoms as his son right now. She was shaking furiously, her heart was beating wildly and she was having a terrible time breathing.

Having been overdose by anti depressant, little Kevin was still showing mild symptoms. But his mother, Beatrice who was constantly taking medication for years now immediately shows signs of severe symptoms.

Little Kevin cried silently. He held his head with his arms feeling painful. Then he vomited everything he ate. He felt nauseous, his head hurts very much and his stomach just added to that pain.

But soon, his drowsiness and dizziness overwhelmed him and he passed out.

Beatrice on the other hand, was crying staring at the door that was tightly lock. She was muttering something and her eyes were filled with warmth and loving affection.

She was still shaking and was clutching her chess as it was beating very rigorously. Her breathing was shattering and she was sucking air greedily. 

But she disregard everything she was feeling as her gazed remain towards the sight of the door.

"...R-robert, h-honey w-why are you...h-here...a-and b-baby, A-addy, y-your...here t-too..." 

"Of course why won't be here?" Robert walked closer and embraced Beatrice.

"That's right, mommy. This is our house why won't we be here? Mommy, your being weird." Little Adrianne rush and hug his mother while showing a bright smile on his face.

And Beatrice...

She smile.

"...that's right...t-this is...w-welcome h-home..."

As she mumbled the last word, her whole body fell down the floor and she went into seizure. 

She clench her chess, her heart was beating like crazy. Then without a warning, her heart let out a loud and heavy thumped and stop beating.

There was no Adrianne or Robert beside her. Nothing but an air. She was hallucinating and died of cardiac arrest.

An hour later, Robert Hamilton arrived at the manor. He brought a doctor with him, and directly rushed towards Beatrice room at second floor.

He destroyed the locked door and found his beloved cold and dead at the floor. Little Kevin was given first aid treatment and was brought to the hospital immediately.

Thankfully, little Kevin vomited the drugs and he only digested little of it. He almost died, but he was rescued timely. But that experienced did take permanent damage to him.

Little Kevin experienced a short term serotonin syndrome. And a complete rejection over taking drugs and medication (pharmacophobia) and fear of being touched (haphephobia).

He stayed at the hospital for two months and never got to go outside for a year.

...

...

...

Another chapter!

Awesome right!

I like to finished it quickly and proceed with the school arc now.

But unfortunately, we are still away from that!!

We have to meet Robert Hamilton first!!

(╥﹏╥) 

6