Chapter 17 : Peaceful Days (1)
109 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the bedroom, it was now Kevin and Ash turn, to do a staring contest.

Kevin was sitting in the middle of the bed leaning his slump back on the head board, while his feet were stretched forward on the bed. He black eyes was staring unblinking at the the cat who was sitting on his lap with his back straight and who was staring at him with widen eyes.

The two keep their competitiveness. Neither wanted to start the conversation, so, they both continued observing each other.

If others saw this scene they will laugh at how cute they are. But if you looked closely, you'll see the big cat looking quite frustrated and helpless.

Gurgle. Gurgle.

This sudden loud sound made Ash blinked his silver eyes. But Kevin stays in his place still gazing at his Ash, lazily reclining against the headboard. His body was slowly sliding down, wanting to lay down again. However, seeing as Ash stared at him fiercely, Kevin steadied his position and slumped his back sitting unmoving.

Witnessing all that, Ash can't help but brushed his face with his paw. Ash knew how broken Kevin is right now, but he didn't know that it was this severe. He thought that once they got out of that friggin nightmare, Kevin will be able to go back to his usual self once more. But it seems that he was wrong.

Nevertheless, Ash shook his head off this useless thoughts. It was just the first day! A broken mentality won't be mend that easily. If Kevin really does go back to how he use to be, then, it really means that he totally turned into a broken machine! 

Sighing, Ash look up and he met Kevin's dead pan eyes. Though it was not as empty like the first time he saw Kevin yesterday– Ash image now reflected on his eyes.

Nevertheless, Kevin still looked the same. Like a beautiful porcelain doll, that looks alive but never have a soul.

Ash called out. Meow~

He was desperate. Then he heard that unusual sounds again.

Gurgle. Gurgle.

Ash called out loudly. But Kevin ignored him, instead, Kevin gathered Ash in his arms and embraced him tightly.

Struggling but not really struggled, Ash complained by meowing multiple times in succession and even used his paws to push Kevin's face away. Afraid that he will scratch Kevin accidentally, Ash even made sure his claws were retracted when he uses them.

However, all his actions were all invain. No matter how Ash called out loudly, or push Kevin away, which can't be really called pushing away, Kevin was determined to just stay in his bed all day.

'But your stomach is completely telling that you are hungry!!' Ash shouted angrily in his heart. If only he could talk! But he was really getting angry. He was hungry too. Ash and Kevin didn't ate dinner yesterday.

Ash smacked his paw in Kevin's cheek, making Kevin to turn side ways. It didn't hurt and Ash didn't even excerted much forced from it. However, this shocked Kevin that his hands embracing Ash loosened up a bit, that made Ash able to find a way to escape.

Looking at the jumping cat that was now sitting beside his feet, Kevin can't help but scratch his cheek. His face looking the same expressionless as always, but his eyes were hinting a bit of helplessness.

Kevin knew why Ash was angry. But he can't do anything about it. He doesn't want to move. He seems like a paralyzed man that can't move his limbs. Though they work perfectly normal, but Kevin really does not have any desire to move them at all.

He was really hungry though. But Kevin thought it was a pain to go down just to eat. It was a pain to move. So, instead of wasting energy just to go down and eat, Kevin decided to just keep his remaining energy and save some by sleeping.

Nevertheless, thinking how his Ash was hungry too. Kevin finally compromised and did the best thing he knew for both of them.

Kevin felt something under his pillows and heave a sigh of relief. He was thankfully that his phone was under the pillows. His bed was placed in the middle of the room, tables and cabinets were multiple steps away from his bed so, getting up just to take a single phone was a...pain.

Thankfully he didn't need to get up.

On the other hand, Ash was speechless seeing Kevin's series of lazy action. Ash wanted Kevin to go down and eat at the dining hall for change of ambiance, but this man completely ignore his consideration!

Then, when Ash saw Kevin putting his phone on speaker, he actually wanted to get mad.

How lazy are you?!

As if Kevin heard his complaint, he looked at Ash as he opened his mouth to talked to the person on the phone.

"...Ronald." His voice was mild and moderate. There was no fluctuation in them. It was like a computer synthesize voice in Google. 

Still! Ash completely saw his eyes flashing! It was like answering Ash's previous question. And despite his blank face, Ash could read his lazy expression that wanted to do nothing! Even putting the phone in his ear seems wasteful of energy for him.

Ash can't believe it. His Kevin must have taken another illness, and this illness was one of those that was incurable! How could his Kevin become a lazy bum!

Ignoring the turmoil that's currently happening within his big cat, Kevin let his body slide down the bed and entirely lay flat on the soft and warm mattress.

["What's the matter, Kevin?"] 

Ronald voice sounded swiftly just after Kevin called out his name. 

Kevin might be their employer and the owner of the mansion but Kevin was known to hate being called young master by other people. That's why, even if people treat him like a young master of called him that privately, they still call Kevin by his name when they were talking to him.

After a long while, Kevin did not answer Ronald's inquiry, Ronald call his name again, many times. But it seems that Kevin was on the verge of falling asleep in the midst of the call.

Seeing this, Ash went to smack Kevin's cheek again and called out loud.

And Ronald heard them from the other end of the line.

...

Actually, Ronald was very surprised to find that his little prince called his so early in the morning. So, he thought that it was very urgent, that's why he answered the phone real quick, just after the first two rings.

Though, he was busy, currently tracking Eugene Valentine's activities all year round, he will still make time for his prince.

No matter how difficult the tasks is, no matter what. For Kevin he will do it no matter what it stakes.

With blazing determination in his eyes, Ronald answered the phone. When he heard Kevin's voice at the other end, he felt weird. Then, when he heard nothing from the other after he asked and called out many times, he finally felt anxious. 

When he was just about to drop the call and directly rush upstairs to his room, he heard the cat's cries.

The cat's meow did not sound anxious and scared, so Ronald sigh a relief. It seems that it was falls alarm.

Then, why did his little prince called him?

Ronald once again heard the meowing of the cat. A fierce reprimanding tone of meowing, hearing that Ronald can glimpse of what is happening inside his little prince room right now.

Kevin must have fallen asleep in the middle of the call. And the call must be because of his breakfast.

Ronald knew about Kevin's situation from the start, he was one of the first few that manage to find out his changes after he woke up from a week of coma.

Expecting that no one will answer his voice from the other side, Ronald initiated to end the call after he said that he will bring back breakfast and personally headed to Kevin's room.

...

...

...

Knock. Knock. Knock. 

Ash ears perked up hearing the knocked on the door, he knew I was Roland. 

Click.

When the door opened, delicious fragrance of foods rushed over enveloping the whole room. Ash pink nose twitched, as he smelled the delicious scent of food. His animal instinct was telling him to rush over and jump in towards those enticing tasty dishes.

However, Ash looked at the hands that was locking his furry body and the head that was buried in his grey fur. He heard a loud noise of Kevin's stomach protesting intensely, but Kevin's curled up body doesn't have any intention of moving.

Ash eyes reflected his helplessness. If force didn't do anything, then gentle coaxing should do the work right?

Without any other choice left to choose, Ash softly meow closely at Kevin's ear. Using his rough, pink tongue, Ash liked Kevin's ear wet. Ash knew Kevin's ears were extremely sensitive. This will make him want to move right?

Right, the moment Ash begin calling closed in his ear, Kevin was already tickled. His ears grew pink, but the stimulus he received was still tolerable. However, once Ash started licking his ear, the pink turned bright red. Kevin shivered, then he moved. 

Tackling the naughty cat under him, Kevin was forced to hold Ash in the back of his neck so that he won't be able to move. But he seems to under estimate his cat's control over his instinct, so, Kevin was kicked by a soft pink paw. 

Paw! 

He, then collapse on the bed with Ash gaining the victory!

And this is the scene Ronald witnessed when he walked in. 

"..."

7