Chapter 18 : Peaceful Days (2)
98 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: 

(・–・;)ゞ it took me a long time update. Well, I ponder so many things about this series, especially in Chapter where I introduced the twins. 

Hehehe...

I noticed that they seems quite old... Yup old, as in, right now in the present, they both already in their 30s if not, mid 20s. 

When I was writing that twins' chapter, it didn't get to me that the average life span of human on earth is only 60-100 years old. Well, I was writing the other one back then, that age almost went none existence. Hehehe, because my protagonists in my other novels are almost immortal I forget that this novel is supposed to be just supernatural. Reed and Echo came from this world so, I forgot about it.

So, after my brainstorming, I decided not to revise anything from the previous chapters.

So, forgive this Author. Here's the update now~

...

...

...

Pushing the a stainless steel service cart, Ronald finally step inside the room and gently closed the door.

Ronald heave a sigh of relief. It seems that he doesn't need to worry about his little prince...for now. Nevertheless, seeing the wooden face of his little prince, Ronald can't help but missed his lovely smile. Sighing, Ronald proceeded on organizing the dishes into a small table and carried it over the bed. Knowing his little prince, Ronald knows for sure that Kevin won't get out of the bed just to eat. Ronald also didn't waste anytime coaxing his little prince, since he knew how stubborn he is. If his little prince didn't want to get out of the bed, then he will come to him. As long as Kevin eat his meal property, Ronald doesn't mind his little prince's behavior. 

Meanwhile, Kevin watched Ronald got busy. His black eyes blankly stared the face of his old friend. His eyes followed that youthful face that doesn't belong to a 30 years old uncle. 

Actually, the moment Kevin saw Ronald, unlike the first time Kevin saw him yesterday, Kevin now was overwhelmed by memories of the past. 

Ronald Rich, was the man that Kevin would describe to be the most loyal to him. Except for Ashley, Kevin could say that Ronald was one of the people he trusted the most. And Ronald Rich didn't have a good ending. Like Kevin, Ronald also died terribly from those three life times. And thinking about it, Kevin couldn't help but feel guilty once again. Because, from all those death, he was always the reason for them. Especially, Ronald's death from Kevin's original timeline.

Unconsciously, Kevin turned to looked at his hands. While Kevin laid at the bed, he raised his arms and stared at his hands. 

Drip. Red liquid dropped down his cheek and trail down to his side, staining the bed sheet red. In his eyes that like black beads that didn't have any fluctuation, two palms were reflected. They were drench with blood. Blood that both belong to him and belong to others.

'...I'm sorry...my little prince.' Ronald's last words rang inside Kevin's mind, reberating in every corner of his brain. Making him remember that day, the very first time Kevin killed. And the victim was none other than this loyal follower of his. 

As memories flooded his mind, the blood in Kevin's hands overflow soaking his whole arms and get his whole face drench with blood. After Kevin got his first kill, he still didn't stop. He killed many and torture great deal of people. Trails of blood followed him as he reign over the business world before his death. 

He walked towards the forceful road where his steps always carrying blood. Ronald Rich, that man always stands at the side road behind a narrow passage. He will smile at Kevin, then will step to the side, making the passage known. That passage was narrow, full of rocks and mud but it was peaceful, unlike the road he walked in. He tried many many times, but Kevin refused to listen. 

Kevin was angry and refused to listened. Instead he opened his ears to his enemies and killed Ronald in the end. When Kevin woke up from his second life, he really regretted it and was extremely guilty towards this old friend of his. He did everything he could so he can compensate Ronald for his loyalty. But in the end, he still died and that is because of him...again. When Kevin, once again woken up. This time, his third life. Kevin did the opposite. He ignored, neglected and made Ronald hate him, just so, Ronald will stay away from him. Nonetheless, it was still futile. 

Kevin did many mistakes, even if it was his first, second or third life. Kevin regretted them all. So much, that up until now, he is still questioning his own existence. 'Why is he still alive?' 

Kevin was already tired. Exhausted. He didn't want to–

Smack!

'Idiot Kevin!' Ash screamed in grievance silence. His silver eyes intensely lay bare at the growing gloom slowly eating his Kevin. 

Earlier, he too was watching Ronald did everything. He is hungry too, and he wanted to eat as soon as possible. However, unlike Kevin, Ash didn't reminiscing when he saw Ronald at first glance. What he thought was the delicious aroma coming from the cart. But if he knows that Kevin was reminiscing, then there's only one thing he could say– "Been there, done that!" 

Ash arrived earlier than Kevin in this life. He woke up as 'Ash' a week after Kevin went coma at the hospital. That's why when Kevin arrived yesterday, Ash was already well adjusted. It's just that, he didn't expect that his beloved Kevin also reborn. The planning he did for weeks just to prevent his past life from happening never saw the light of the day. And Ash still never took action for that. Ash planned really well and meticulously. While thinking when to sulk to Kevin, he instinctively glance at his target.

That's where he found out that something's wrong with his beloved.

The room turned cold, though Ronald didn't feel or notice anything, as he still continue organizing their breakfast, Ash felt it very clear. More so, he clearly see it. 

Kevin's shadow grew darker and darker and it was growing in rapid pace. Ash got anxious, and immediately went to check on Kevin. He straddled Kevin on his chest and called out to him. Seeing him unresponsive, Ash didn't have any choice but to use his paw to smack Kevin's cheek awake!

The paw smack was a surprise attack for Kevin. He didn't even know when his big cat get on his chest. His eyes just blindly staring at his raised hands. When Ash's surprised attack shocked him, Kevin instinctively closed his eyes. And when he opened them again, Kevin saw his hands clean and tender. Unlike his hands before, Kevin's hands right now are very clean. He still haven't started killing any people in this life. 

Upon shifting his sight towards his big cat, Kevin saw Ash's angry silver eyes that were intently glaring a hole in him. 

Kevin blinked, and then blinked and blinked, finally he comprised and pulled down his hands to stroked his big cat's fur. It was his fault anyway, he made his Ash worried about him again. 

Knowing Kevin's attention was all in him, Ash "meow~". Kevin, at first didn't understand what his big cat was trying to say. He wanted to scratch his cheek trying to guess what it is, however, how could Ash not know what he was thinking. Ash called out again and turned to looked at Ronald who is almost finished preparing their food. 

"Oh." Nodding, Kevin slowly get up to sit. Ash jumped down the bed and waited for Ronald to put his cat food at the floor to eat. At the same time, Kevin lazily crawled, he sat again and limply rest his back at the headboard, then obediently waited for Ronald to place the small table on his bed. 

Seeing that, Ronald can't help but chuckled at his little prince's obediently action. He first took the cat food, in front of Ash and placed it on the floor, before putting the small table on the bed for Kevin. As Ronald finished his job, just as he was about to go out of the room, he glanced at the big grey cat happily eating his cat food on the floor then to his little prince and close the door to leave. 

He curled up his lips. 'It seems that he needs to curry favor towards our big grey cat starting from now', he thought. 

6