Chapter 23 : Third Day’s Appointment (2)
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"~♪♪" a pleasant song rang suddenly pulled Adrianne out of his thoughts. He glanced at his phone that is flashing lights and vibrating because of the in coming call. 

[Four eyes RanRan]

Seeing the person who's calling, Adrianne unhurriedly answered the phone. It was only his cousin, Randall Fields. The doctor who unknowingly became their family doctor who always solves their health problems, despite being a 'resident'.

"What's up, Ranran?" Adrianne greeted as he put the phone beside his ear. But not a second passed, Adrianne instinctively pull back the phone from his ear, as if frightened. Roar of laugher could still be heard coming from the phone, despite not being in loud speaker. Just imagine how loud that laugher is from the other side. 

Nonetheless, that's not the reason why Adrianne reacted like that. With a frown brows and darkening eyes, Adrianne screamed in his mind. 'Who is this fucker?! This ain't my cousin!'

Checking the caller once again, Adrianne was certain that this is his cousin phone number. Who is this unidentified person? But surprisingly, Adrianne find that uncourteous and barbaric way of laughing familiar...

["Oh my gosh~ Ranran, it's so cute. I'll call you Ranran from now on."] Adrianne heard the voice teasingly say something but he didn't quite hear him correctly.

"Who is this?" He asked with stern voice, demanding a truthful answer. Actually, his angry meter almost reach the red zone. This is his cousin's number! Who dare used it to call him?! He even wonder if his cousin was kidnapped and was hurt somewhere out there.

Then a low voice with mocking tone sounded as he finished his word. ["Heh. I'm scared. I didn't know you can be this fierce, young master."]

When Adrianne heard the voice again, a man flashed on his mind reminding him who this might be. And when that image of that man appeared in his mind, a vein bulged in his forehead, pulsating hard like how his temper is already reaching it's critical limit. Nevertheless, he was relieved. However, it didn't mean that he was not angry. Though, it was false alarm, right now, Adrianne was so pissed off. Especially, it was that guy who used his cousin's phone to call him.

Fortunately, before Adrianne exploded. A refine and clear voice, so gentle and smooth speak up. ["Can you tone down your voice? This is a hospital."]

That was his cousin's voice! It means his cousin was there as well. But how could his cousin know this scammer?! Ah, was it not false alarm? Did this bastard kidnapped his cousin and threatened him?

"Bastard, how are you with my cousin?!"

["Chillax, bro. My phone broke, so I came to an acquaintance to contact you. I lost my job today, by the way."]

"What the hell!" Adrianne can't help but cursed out loud. Who the fuck is your bro?! And who the hell is your acquaintance?! "Are you serious? Simon, what the hell did you do?! And stay away from my cousin!!"

Right, this audacious man is none other than that Simon. Simon, as in the famous all around secretary of the heir of Valentine Corp. 

...

Receiving a death glare from his friend, Simon lower down his voice. Well, what could he do? This is really a hospital. 

Sighing, Simon ignored Adrianne's angry roar and explained himself in brash and simple words with a proud attitude of someone who did a monotorius deed. "Nothing much, was annoyed, kicked some bastard's balls and punched him some panda eyes. And there you have it, I was fired~"

Thinking back, Simon glanced at his knuckles that were still red from that punch. That guy really have thick skin and hard face. That one punch really hurts you know. Nonetheless, when recalling that man's miserable howl like a dog, while kneeling down, holding his crotch with his two hands. Simon can't endure it and laugh out loud. 

'That was really refreshing!' 

He even lamented that fact that he didn't manage to take a video. He could send that video to the boss as a gift or spread it on the internet. Maybe, editing it a little and make a funny video out from it and post it on YouTube. He might even make a fortune. Unfortunately, god didn't gave him that opportunity. That guy was really lucky.

And that's why he is in the hospital right now. Having an excuse that he hurt his fingers, he manage to meet his old classmates once again.

["Why'd you do that?! You know that without you guarding the company, who knows what that scum bastard will do."] Of course he knew that. But his not mother Teresa. He will not lower his head for that kind of trash. 

"Are you kidding me bro. You guys were the once who broke contact with me. I dunno what you guys were planning, but I only worked for that company because of Kevin. If Kevin isn't planning of going back there anymore, what the point of me being there. Just to be abused by that guy's trash talking everyday?" Simon didn't gave Adrianne an opportunity to refute his words and continue his barrage. "And FYI bro, without Kevin there, I will be fired sooner or later. A son of a bitch such as myself don't have a place in that company."

["...yeah, you have a point. And since you're no longer there, then that man's office should be in chaos by now."]

Being reminded, Simon can't help but chuckled. "Don't even mention it, bro. By the way, I didn't call for that. I want to ask about boss. Where is he now? Why haven't he contacted me until now?"

["Don't worry about my brother. His fine already, physically though. And right, it seems that he no longer have any plans of going back there any more. Any way, if you wanted news, why didn't you reach out to Roland?"]

"Don't speak of that old fool!" Simon exclaimed. He could still remembered how that old man always hang up on him, never even let him speak a word!! "I did alright! But that old man, blacklisted me!!"

After finishing his words, Simon somehow felt chill and unconsciously turned his head to looked at his old classmate who was still sitting in front his office desk, checking someone's medical records. There he saw Randall staring dagger's at him again. Seeing that, his lips instinctively shut up. He made a gesture of 'closing the zipper' on his lips and whisper in a low voice as he continues his conversation with his boss' brother.

A while later, after several exchanges, Simon finished the call and brought back the phone to the rightful owner. 

Only to have his hand stay suspended in the air. 

...

Randal Fields stared at his old friend with concern gaze. Why can't he? Randall and Simon known each other since Elementary. In fact, they could be classified as childhood friends, not just ordinary classmate or a greeting body.

From elementary to college, the two of them were classmates. More so, they were once neighbor as well. The two of them, were actually close. Close enough for them to live in the same apartment in college. But everything change and Simon suddenly disappeared. 

In they're second year in college, Simon's family went bankrupt. Randall didn't know the specifics, all he knew is that, Simon's father killed off his mother and younger siblings and committed suicide. Randall even thought that Simon also lay with those those pile of bloody corpses. He was so scared that day, thankfully Simon was not there. However, since that day, Simon completely disappeared.

Randall did everything he could, even begging his family to help him find this man. However, not even a shadow couldn't be found, as if he disappeared completely. Randall was really angry and sad at that time. He focused his attention to his studies and tried to forget, no more like moved on.

Never would he thought that, the person he was searching for so many years is just always right there...

Now, he didn't know what to feel. When Randall  first saw this man appeared, with an aggrieved face saying his hand hurts and that he was bullied and was fired from work. Truthfully, Randall thought, the first thing he will do is punch and kick the man. But when he saw the man himself, Randall could say...that he was speechless...

Adjusting his glasses, Randall carefully inquire, "...you... Are you one of Kevin's collection?"

That's right, collection. Everyone says that it was Kevin's own constitution or it was his own luck. Kevin always attracted 'street dogs'. After giving them proper food and warm shelter, those 'street dogs' will always ended up not wanting to leave any more. More than that, those 'street dogs' will always turn out to be a rare breed with very capable talent and high intelligence. Couple with being faithful and loyal, they stayed beside Kevin and work for him unconditionally. 

As years passed by, those 'street dogs' also grew in numbers. Kevin who is capable of digging gems and diamonds in trash, was called a 'collector' by many. And those 'street dogs' were called 'Kevin's collection.'

Everyone knew this. And also those people who were picked up by Kevin also tacitly accepted that title. That's why, even if Randall carefully choice his words, no one can really blame him if he accidentally called Simon as one Kevin's collection. So, when Randall realized this mistakes, he almost can't looked Simon directly in the eye. 

"Pfft! What's with that face? You look weird. It's fine though. But really, I don't know that title still well circulated up until now, maybe I'm too busy." 

Seeing him laughing, Randall observed Simon's expression more carefully. If he saw even a tiny bit of hint that Simon is just pretending and just chose to laugh it off, he will immediately apologize. But maybe it true that Simon and the others were very accepting about that title, that instead of feeling shame and embarrassed they were happy and proud instead.

"Don't look at me like that. It's just a title no need to worry." 

After hesitating half a bit, Randall finally choose to confirm it through Simon's words. "But are you really?"

"Yeah." Seeing him so nonchalant about it, Randall finally heave a sigh of relief. "What happened to you?"

"Well, you heard me, right?" Witnessing Simon smile, somehow, Randall have this foreboding feels. A warning that tells him that his life will be turning upside down, now that Simon appeared in front of him again.

And he was right.

"You heard our conversation, right? So, long story short. Old friend, I was fired and my boss didn't seems to be needing a secretary in the future. So, how about being a doctor's assistant? Do you have vacancy?"

"..."

...

...

...

Mini Theater~

Silently rubbing his chin with his fingers, Kevin ponder about life. He gazed at the author questionably, as if doubting his own existence: "I have that kind of Halo. Why did no one inform me?"

Author: "..." (;^ω^) 

Narrator: "Even the author is doubting her own brain hole. Right now, she is thinking of how to dig the pit that buried Kevin from all those past lives. How can Kevin repeatedly made wrong steps everytime? And where were those loyal dogs when he was in peril?"

Kevin who also wanted to ask the same question, looked at the author aggrieved: "...that...let's just wait for the author to think and write step by step."

3