Chapter 24 : Third Day’s Appointment (3)
71 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clicking his tongue, Adrianne hung up the call and threw his phone on the sofa. He was feeling irritated now. Though, he felt a little happy just imagining that man's shameful posture having his family jewels received a kick and received a punch in the face. Not to mention, without that scammer, that man will face many difficulty from now on.

Thinking about it, Adrianne curled up his lips in a happy smile. Two rows of teeth sparkled white. His two tiger teeth made his smile seems cunning and full of mischief. But when Adrianne eyes caught a glance at the pile of paper at the coffee table, his pleasant mood turned down again.

He really didn't know what to do with this 'suddenly alive' man. Though, both his dad and brother ensure him that this man would help. He still didn't know how to approach him. 

This man once stood on top, controlling everything from within his gasps. Like a regent, sheilding the useless Emperor towards the deep waters of the court battle. Only to be stab behind by the emperor he unconditionally protected. 

When Adrianne thought of this metaphor, he can't help but continue. 

The emperor was so happy after stepping at the highest and seeing the light, that he failed to notice the person he thought was already dead was still breathing and was only on the verge of dead. 

The regent escape to another country. He hides deep into that country's monarchy. He hides into the shadows, while he watches the Emperor's every move, waiting for an opportunity to attack and invade.

The regent betrayed his own country he promised to protect when he became a regent. But he can't endure seeing his countrymen suffers from the rule of the incompetent emperor. He accepted the help of the other country and overthrow the current ruler...

But because of guilt, the regent conscience couldn't let himself sit on the dragon thrown. Instead he continue being regent and cultivate his nephew, the first prince to be a benevolent Emperor.

If only things were this easy as narrating a story. Thinking about the state of his older brother now... Adrianne felt it was a pity.

When Adrianne started to think more deeper about this subject, a tall shadow silently creep behind him. Long slender hand stretched out and lightly tap Adrianne's shoulder. 

Adrianne was pulled way from his thoughts, and almost didn't get angry for being interrupted, but when he saw who the other person is. Like a deflated balloon, all his temper went off flying high leaving him facing the smiling demon.

...

...

...

Tap. Tap. Tap. 

Roland was vigorously typing, string of confusing code flashed by the screen of his laptop. His eyes focused and reflected codes of 0s and 1s. When suddenly he felt thirsty. He stopped moving his fingers and stretched them as he looked to the side of his study table, looking for something to drink. Only to find out that the other side is empty. 

'That's weird.' Roland has a habit of placing a kettle and and a glass by his side when working on his job. Because he always find himself stuck on his table typing non stop, Roland made sure that all his necessities can be grand with just a stretched of a hand. 

Now... It seems that, he was too distructed. 

Although, the second young master didn't dare to make things hard for him, he was still willful. Not only did that young master threw a bunch of assignments to him, he even made him investigate someone at Midnight's jurisdiction. 

It was hard and kind of dangerous. Thankfully he have so many connections. And since the second young master trully expressed his intention not to make trouble towards the other party, Roland quickly gathered enough information from someone he knew from that side. 

And when he got the information, not only was he shocked, he was surprised and speechless. When he saw who the actual person trully is, a flash of understand quickly went into his brain. 

He was happy, at the same time quite sad. His little prince fell from his reign and now become a prisoner of his own mattress. Not that he was complaining, he was actually worried. 

That useless second young master said that, he already made his little prince an appointment with a psychologist. But up to this day, Roland still haven't got any other news towards that appointed psychologist. He even thought that, young master Adrianne has already forgotten about it. 

These past days, that young master has been going to and fro from Valentine and Hamilton. He knew something is going on. But he was not in a position to questions.

As he thought of many possibilities of what is happening, Roland stood up and went out of his room towards the kitchen.

The kitchen is connected to the living room, so, when Roland passed by at that place, he saw Adrianne, the second master standing, currently speaking someone at the phone. Seeing this, Roland quietly went his way and didn't disturb the young man. But it doesn't mean that he didn't have an urge to eavesdropped.

"Simon, you really have big balls, dare to kick and punch your boss. If you work for me, I will not only fired you, I will also make your life miserable until you beg me for death!" 

When Roland heard the name that come out of Adrianne's mouth, the water he just drank can't help but spill out of his mouth. His eyes twitched wanting to hear more. He can't help it, aside from him, the man named Simon is the one who is always by his little prince side. 

 

"Tsk. But seriously, I kind of wanna see it. Describe me how he looked like."

"Fuck, really. Now I really wish I was there. It must have really felt satisfying to see that bastard roll on the ground."

However, as Roland continue to eavesdropped, he can't help but rubbed his ears as this young master really didn't care how loud his voice was. And just hearing a few words from their conversation, Roland already guess what it was all about. 

Simon, three days after Kevin was admitted to the hospital begun to act crazy with him always calling his phone two digits a day. It makes him crazy. And after days, he finally blocked the guy. Who knew that earlier this morning, this guy will do something much more crazier and got fired because of it. 

One of his network in the main company reported it to him in detailed. Now, hearing it in Adrianne's mouth, Roland was really not really surprised. But it made him baffled and speechless how thick Simon's face is. Even dare to call the second young master personal number... He really can't compare. 

Losing interest, Roland didn't linger there anymore and plan to go back to his room to finished his mountain of jobs. However, as Roland passed by the telephone near the stairs it rang.

Ring♫ Ring♪ Ring~♪ 

Without any other choice, Roland step back and answer the telephone. 

"Hello. This Valentine family Butler speaking, how may I help you?" 

Roland was surprised when he heard who the caller was. After the surprised, there's the relief, then joy. He really thought that the second young master is useless. And just told him something to placate him. 

"Yes, Professor."

"I will, Professor."

"Thank you very much. I will tell them of your arrival, and will make sure to prepare."

"Have a good day, Professor. Good bye."

Roland place the telephone down with a good mood. He went back to the living, wanting to informed the young master of the news. And so, the scene from the beginning.

...

Adrianne was so shocked to find this man smiling. Why smiling demon? Because when this bastard smile, something trully terrifying will happen. And Adrianne didn't want to be a part of it. 

Too late though. With Roland's hand strongly holding Adrianne down, he can't leave.

"W-what do you want?" 'yeah. What do you want? I'm sure I didn't gave you that heavy work enough for you to curse me down to the 18 gates of hell!'

Still plastered with a smile, Roland eyes curved in crescents. "Someone called. Just now." 

When Adrianne heard his tone, he really wonder who the boss and who is the employee. But everyone knows that there's no boss if there's no employee. And this man smiling sinisterly was one of the best in his field. What could he do?

"Oh. Who?"

"It was the professor you have invited for the young master's psychological assessment." Roland said as he released Adrianne with his hand and performed a gentle bow.

Unfortunately, someone didn't appreciate this humble now performed by Roland as a Butler. Adrianne even felt goosebumps all over his arms. He even wanted to go ahead and rub his arms all over them to ease his uncomfortableness, but he didn't dare to. Or else he will see those lips curved up even more terrifying. 

So, instead Adrianne let his mind focused on the news about the professor. He was so busy, he almost forgotten about that old man. Thankfully he called. But he didn't gave their tell number to that old Professor. 

'oh. It must be Liz. The professor must have called her and gave their tell number to him. I'll ask her later.'

'Anyways, this is a good news. I'll tell it to older brother right away!'

As Adrianne's body move more quickly than his mind, before those thoughts was even registered in his brain. His body already took action and run towards Kevin's room upstairs. 

With a excited and happy smile, he hopped and jumped going towards the quiet and cold corridor. Adrianne didn't even feel the atmosphere going towards his older brother's room was wrong. He didn't even notice how dark the path way is once he stepped out of the stairs and move on towards the corridor.

Though Adrianne didn't notice, it didn't meant that others didn't.

Roland for a fact was already curios about this sudden change. He even thought that maybe the whole corridor was affected by his little prince's feel negative emotions. That's why he was always cautious when going upstairs and delivering the meal. 

The little prince was in sensitive time. Witnessing how Adrianne act like he was no brain, Roland was nervous. He quickly chase after Adrianne who was acting like a fool, but he was too late. When he catched up, Adrianne already opened the door and went in.

"Older brother! Older brother! I have a great news for you!"

And so, back to our present scene, where our big grey cat was thinking so deep, he looked like a cat that wanted to have a dump. And Kevin who looks intently and unblinking at his big grey cat, looking more and more like a mental.

...

Mini Theater:

The two lazy bums laying on the bed, both turned their heads towards the direction of the intruder at the same time: "..." Dare to interrupt our cozy time together! 

Intruder who suddenly intrude the room, who almost swallowed his own tongue frightened by the looked his older brother gave him: "..." Why do I feel that even the cat hates me? What did I do?

The panicked attendant on the back: "..." Not anymore. Who panicked? Its not me. So, don't looked at me! I'm not scared of getting this idiot killed!

5