Chapter Five: Come At Me.
429 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Hooly shit, it fucking worked!" I think to myself as I go back to the shop. Using the search bar that I've just noticed above the menu, I quickly type in [Strength Buff] and see what I get.

What I saw made me freeze.

I was thinking that there might be higher boosters, at maybe three times or four times, or an insane 5 times. Or maybe they would just last longer.

What I saw was [Strengh boost Elixer: Boost= x100 Time= 00:05:00]. This thing could make me bring skyscrapers down into the ground with a single punch.

The thing is, the message said the system is here to help us survive, so... just what kind of monsters do I have to use such boosts on?!

I don't want to even imagine it, so I move on to the next thing on my ticket list, the silver tickets.

Rolling for Silver Tier Ticket:
Item: Spiked Metal Bat.

Just like before, an item appeared out of thin air.
This time it took a little while longer than before, which I'm assuming is because of the size, but who knows?
A meter-long silver-colored bat appeared. It had a leather-wrapped handle and the top of it was full of spikes jutting out of it.
It honestly looked quite intimidating, and I fucking love the look of it.
Taking it in my hand, it loses its levitation and gravity pulls it down, making me feel its weight.
It was a bit on the light side, but then I remembered the strength boost and decided to test its weight in another way.
lifting it high up, I leave it to drop.
*CLANG*
The sound it made was NOT light at all, and the wooden floor was chipped and scratched in many places by the spikes.
'Alright, not light then,' I think to myself as I get the spike the was stuck into the wood too much out of it.
I don't think I need the Pan anymore, as this is probably a MUCH better weapon.
Moving on to the last ticket, I click use on the Gold Power Ticket.

Rolling for Gold Tier Ticket:
Power: Aggression. 

Power: Aggression.
Description: You can control, to a degree, the aggressiveness with which mutants react to you.
You can make it so they won't react to you if you even walk in front of their eyes, or you could
attract every mutant in a 100-meter radius.
Note: Attacking a mutant will disable the aggression lowering feature of this power for 5 minutes.
You can control this ability mentally.

*blink*

...

*blink* *blink*

...

"This... this is way too overpowered, don't you think system?" I ask out loud, knowing full well that I probably won't get a response.

"You just want me to kill those fuckers, don't you, System?" I ask again as I sigh in exasperation, but the grin splitting my face would have given away my real feelings to anyone who could see me now.

"Well, who am I to refuse the polite request of an omnipotent system that can create things out of thin air and create miracles? I shall accept your request and kill some of those fuckers outside," I say as I finish putting my backpack back on and get ready to head out.

Good luck, Human.

"Ah... Thanks."


Standing before the door to the outside world, I take a deep breath, tighten my grip on the bat, and mentally command my new abillty to lower the zombies aggressiveness to the lowest possible.

Slowly sliding the wooden door open, I immediately see how the street is teeming with zombies, just in my field of view is over 20 zombies.

They are mostly standing still or milling around in groups.

The closest group to me is 10 meters away from the door, consisting of 4 adult looking zombies and 1 teen zombie.

When I opened the door only this group noticed me but they didn't move and just kept looking at me with their dead eyes.

I got out of the building and started slowly walking towards this group.

Getting closer to them, I could see that they seemed to lose interest in me and looked away except for the teen zombie.

I walked up to it, and when I was about less than 2 meters away, I lifted up and started doing a swinging motion. The zombie didn't react but just kept looking at me, almost in curiosity.

"Let's start, shall we?" I say to it as I get into a position for a strike.

It titled it's head to the side of confusion, or maybe because its neck was broken after the first hit, but I didn't wait around to check on it, as I was already halfway back to the inside of the building.

I could hear angry grunts and wails from behind me, but I ignore them as I quickly reach the door and slam it shut behind me.

I put my back to the door and stand there for a second, panting in excitement.

A few seconds later, I can feel and hear the door being slammed.

The hits were somewhat weak and they weren't doing much damage to the thick wooden door of the building.

Heaving a sigh of relief upon knowing that I won't have to worry about zombies breaking the door open and entering the building while I'm asleep, I lock the door and start heading upstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10