4: Waking Up
1.2k 17 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up the next morning, I felt like I had been hit by a car yesterday.

'Though being hit by a car might've been nicer...'

Struggling to sit up in bed, I could smell the scent of food wafting through the house.

'I dunno if I can eat right now, but I sure as hell am going to try since this smells like heaven.'

Getting out of bed, I looked down to check on my arms.

'Hmm, I look like I'm that edgy kid in school who wears bandages on their arms for no reason... except for the fact that they are kinda blood-soaked. Plus my hands are freezing for some reason...'

Gingerly lifting up my shirt, I was amazed.

'Hot damn! Rebecca and Victoria did a good job bandaging me up! I can't see any of the blood, but I bet my back is pretty much dyed red right now... Lemme go find them to change my bandages~'

Meandering my way through the halls, I marveled at how simplistic but neat the house was.

'Damn this place is neat... and beautiful... I could never keep an apartment like this neat... On second thought though, I think I might need a whiteboard or something to communicate...'

Walking into the living room, I saw Victoria and Rebecca eating breakfast while watching the morning news. Seeing that Victoria had noticed me, I gestured for her to stay silent as I wanted to play a little prank on Rebecca.

Sneaking up behind the unsuspecting Rebecca, I reached out with my ice-cold hands and plopped them right onto her cheeks.

"AHHHH!!!" Jumping in her seat, Rebecca screamed before realizing that it was just me who had snuck up on her, "Oh my goodness! I forgot that it wasn't just me and Victoria living here anymore! I totally thought that it was a ghost or something!"

"Ah, that was totally worth it!" Victoria commented, taking a few bites of her breakfast while trying to keep in her laughter.

Squinting her eyes in suspicion, Rebecca asked, "What was worth it?"

Doubling over in laughter, Victoria confessed, "You know, I saw Lilith walking into the living room, but she motioned for me to stay quiet. So I did!"

"Betrayal!" Rebecca shouted before twirling around. Getting out of her seat, Rebecca brushed my hair out of my face before beginning to mercilessly squish my cheeks, "HM? Why must you do this to your dear sister, Lilith?"

Continuing to squish my cheeks she continued, "It's fine~. You always did this when we were younger. But you know, your cheeks are pretty soft..."

Batting her arms away, I gestured to ask if there was anything nearby that I could write on. Seeing my question, Victoria grinned before leaning down and pulling out a whiteboard with little hearts dotting the edges. Seeing my dead fish eyes, Victoria's grin widened as she pulled out a bright pink marker for me to use.

Laughing with a teasing smile, Victoria asked, "What do you think? It's amazing, right? I thought it would be hilarious if you had this!"

Taking the items from Victoria's hands to me, Rebecca added, "I helped choose! I thought that the color and the board would really suit you!"

Glaring at Rebecca and Victoria, Rebecca just smiled sweetly before patting me on the head and soothing, "It'll be fine~! I'm sure you'll fall in love with the whiteboard soon enough!"

Sighing in resignation, I wrote, "So can you help me change out the bandages right now? They are kinda blood-soaked."

Glancing down at my arms, Rebecca agreed, "Yeah we should do that. Go and sit on that couch for a bit, will you? I'll be there shortly."

Walking away, Rebecca mentioned, "Oh yeah, Victoria? Can you go get the gift for Lilith right now? Might as well show Lilith while we change her bandages."

Getting up from the table, Victoria left for another room while Rebecca and I sat down on a couch. Taking off my shirt, I winced from the pain shooting up my back, 'Damn! I don't even know how I didn't feel this last night...'

Sitting behind me, Rebecca asked, "Lilith? Can you move your hair? But also wow, you take care of it really well don't you? Even though it's long, I don't see any split ends~!"

Nodding, I wrote, "TBH I don't do much. I only really do the basics of Shampoo and Conditioner. I think I got the good hair genes from mom while you didn't. (◕‿◕✿)"

Helping move my hair, Rebecca replied, "Yeah that's true, you did get all the good hair genes from Mom, but I got the height from dad, unlike you." Teasing me, Rebecca patted me on the head a few times to show the difference in height between us.

Taking some time to write my reply, I raised the whiteboard so Rebecca could see it, "I know! I feel so short here! You're like 4 inches taller than me, and Victoria is even taller than you! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻"

Chuckling at the emoticon I added at the end, Rebecca began changing my bandages while making some small talk, "So? How's life? Oh, wait! Now that you have a whiteboard to write on, can you tell me what dad did?"

Inhaling sharply from the bandages being removed, I wrote out the events that had transpired. Writing out my message, I slid the board next to Rebecca so she could read it, "Summary: I came out to Mom, she cried and I ran up to my room. Then Dad came into my room and beat me for a while before telling me that he was signing me up to one of the religious camps and slamming the door shut. And then I ran away and here we are."

Reading the whiteboard, Rebecca got angrier and angrier as she went, muttering, "This didn't happen when I came out... they still pretended to like me before just kicking me out! That's why you and I planned for you to come out to them, and not just leave and never come back! What with this bullshit?!"

Retracting my whiteboard, I shrugged while writing, "No use trying to change the past..."

Writing my next message while Rebecca concentrated on changing some of the worst parts of my bandages, I wrote, "So what's my 'present' that you and Victoria have prepared?"

Grinning, Rebecca yelled, "Vic~? Do you have the gift yet?"

"Hm..." Victoria called back, "Yup! I got it right here Becca! I'll be out in a second!"

Fake pouting, I wrote, "How nice. You and Victoria call each other by pet names~ I want one too~"

Laughing, Rebecca replied with a blinding smile, "Don't worry we'll call you Lili if you want~"

With a hint of red tinting my cheeks, I shook my head while jotting down my response, "No never mind..."

Sitting in silence as Rebecca finished changing the last of the bandages, I turned around to hug in her appreciation. Nodding off in Rebecca's arms, I heard her ask, "Lilith? Are you still tired from last night?"

Half-asleep, I nodded before sprawling out on the nearby couch. Patting my head, Rebecca stirred me awake, saying, "Lilith, Victoria's here with your gift~"

Rubbing my eyes as I sat up, only to be greeted with a headset sitting in front of me.

"It's what you think it is~" Rebecca answered preemptively, "It's the new VR headset, and it even has Aravia Online installed on it!"

Looking at Rebecca in shock, I scrawled, "How...? Isn't the game coming out in a few weeks?"

Laughing, Rebecca replied, "Well~ maybe because Victoria and I are alpha testers who also work at the company... that we have an extra headset for someone to join during beta~"

"That's amazing~!" I scribbled, before leaning over to hug Rebecca with a beaming smile.

------

Getting hugged by Lilith, Rebecca leaned over to Victoria while whispering, "Ah... this is the life... I've been missing this for years..."

Thanks for reading~! We're approaching fluff zone~!
I'm trying to get a few author's on my discord~! We're making it a fluff zone~!
My personal life still on fire I would say~ so after the chapter tomorrow... who knows when you'll see me again~!

55