Chapter 3
18 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Closed Minded Acceptance

 

What perceives someone as poor? Were people something that could be in a category in the first place? Is that what we do? Or…Is it what the King’s do, the ones that were more opened minded than anyone else? Did they want people to differentiate from one another and perhaps think it’s normal? Why?

Why must it be done where people think, ‘Since I’m poor…’?

Perhaps…Perhaps he could just open people’s minds, let them choose…

The world had been what it was for decades, centuries, what could be different?

It was these questions that led Altan to realize that people might even feel uneasy yet did not do anything about it. Why didn’t they do anything?

 

It was several factors that stopped any kind of uprising towards the way of life. There were the Kings of the four countries that did indeed help prevent it, then that of how life has been like this for a long time. What seemed to be the next biggest problem was...That once a craft was learnt, there didn’t seem to be any point on attempting to learn another craft and trying to change your status. Not only was learning another craft supposedly ‘unlearnable’ but because they didn’t question it to begin with. No…This brought Altan to another question…

Was learning more than one craft ‘unlearnable’ because…It was stated as such but actually…

 

Could it be that the people have lived without learning more than one craft, when really, they could have learnt more?

The history of Kerrid looked like everything was there. There were a couple of civil fights within the countries, one big one against countries, quite a number of small ones but there had always been four countries. The inventions were clearly written down, the knowledge that had been researched also written down but…

It was likely that not everything was written down and that perhaps times could have been better than they were now. Altan had no evidence to support his theory but he really did question the possibility that people on this planet had gone backwards…And that they had been going backwards for decades!

 

Could there have been a time where people had the Craft of Thinking? Perhaps there could have been many people that could learn more than one craft and that only having one craft was actually rare? Perhaps it was the only way for the ‘thinkers’ to do what they wanted, by taking away people’s thoughts…

Questions, so many questions…

It was very rare now, of a person being able to go from poor to rich, when you can get either your mother’s craft or your father’s craft. But perhaps in the past, could someone learn both?

Now…Now everyone didn’t think and only did one craft, so therefore did nothing and excepted their fate. Poor will be poor, rich will be rich. The powerful stay powerful and all the work gets done!

 

The rich ladies married the rich men, the poor ladies married poor men. That was normal, that was...How it was.

Again, on the rare occasion, a man may fall in love with the opposite, or a lady with a man, but most of the time they did not turn out happy…Yet, at the same time, they did not turn out unhappy either. Their emotions only played a part at small moments in life and even when they did, people didn’t understand, and nothing was achieved.

The world seemed to evolve around what you did as a craft too, then your family was stuck to it.

It is all in the craft...

Most ladies would gain a craft with sewing, needlework or art. Women in all four countries were known as weak and their only purpose was to give birth. It was not questioned, that was just how it was.

 

The men of poor means would mostly have the crafts like farming, wood or metal crafts or others like clay and cleaning. Whereas the rich men had the crafts like writing, counting, selling and building.

This was how the world worked, it was fate, destiny. It was fearing the king or being paid off. It was life and living life.

Altan then began his own destiny, one that led him to be able to teach another to learn more than one craft...It had become his life’s work, his legacy...A legacy that never went to his son.

 

(Ever feel like some people in the real world don't have 'The Craft of Thinking' and just living life?)
2