Chapter 2: My money
524 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last night, I slapped him a few times and told him to go to his bed. He did not budge so I had to carry him into his bedroom.

Morning came and I woke up then prepare myself for today's class. When I got out of my room I saw Brendon holding a glass of water and looking nervous. He asked me.

"Hey did I say anything last night?"

'Hmmm, let's ask him normally first. If he won't give me then I will use that little secret of him.'

"Uh no, I didn't hear anything. You slept like a stone bro. Didn't even budge when I slapped you."

"Hey! Why would you do that!"

"Duh, you won't move. I'm the one who carried you, dumb."

"Uh... I'm the one who brought you to the hospital yesterday! How 'bout that huh."

"Damn it! Hey..."

Seeing me contemplating to say something, Brendon asked me.

"What? Just say it."

"Uhm... Can I borrow your money? Uhh, the hospital bill yesterday just took all of my money, I don't have any money for food."

I haven't say this but Brendon is actually from a wealthy family, that is why he does not care much about his studies but he's not stupid either. In fact, we have the same pointer. His girlfriend, Clara also came from a wealthy family, their parents get into some business partnership and that is how they met.

Although Brendon is somehow a handsome man, he is only a little bit better than average while Clara is a beautiful woman due to her hazel eyes but her face is also slightly above average. If both of them exist in one picture, it feels as though they complete each other, so I guess it's meant to be. But now that he cheated on her, I don't know how she will react to this. Maybe they can reconcile or something. Well, she didn't know so it's fine for now.

Brendon looked at me with a weird face and said.

"Money? Sure, how much do you want?"

"100 maybe? Can?"

"Oh,100 only. Thought you'll say something like 500 hahaha. Damn you really did not eat much."

He took his wallet out and give me a 200$.

"There you go just take it, it's not that much of an amount anyway. No need to pay me back. Alright, off you go."

Surprised I look at him. I'm mad because it's not like I want his money, I just need some money for now. He always talked about people wanting to befriend him just because he is rich. His look when he gave it to me as if I'm a beggar. Feeling humiliated, I took a step towards him wanting to punch him. Suddenly I saw a string of red colour flowing from my brain to his brain. Then he grips his fist and punches himself. Startled, I look at him and ask.

"What... What are you doing?"

Then he asked me back.

"What... What happened? Why is my jaw hurt?"

I'm getting chills now, my hair on my body is standing up. 

'What the fuck happened. That string... When it connected to him, he did what I think. But how is that possible?!'

Looking at the string, it's still connected to him, I then thought.

'Give me all your money in your wallet. Ah, and go sleep.'

I noticed Brendon's eyes suddenly lost its shine for a second before returning to normal. He gave me all his money while looking at me with a weird face and then went back to his room.

Still shocked I held onto the money and not doing anything.

'Does that mean he will do anything whenever I wanted him to? Interesting. But how do I cut this string?'

The red string detached itself from Brendon and went back to my brain.

"Holy shit! This is amazing! I can control people! With this, I don't have to work so hard anymore! Fuck Yeah!"

I open Brendon's room and saw him sleeping. I try to make a connection between us and that red rope appear again and attach itself into his brain. I then commanded him.

'Wake up, sit on your bed, and answer my question honestly.'

Brendon opened his eyes, sat on his bed, and look at me.

"Hmm? Ray, what are you doing here?"

'Hooo, he still can think but won't question the act I made him do.'

I point my finger at the red string and ask him.

"Nothing, can you see this? This red string."

"What are you saying? There's nothing red there."

"Uh, okay. Hey, about Clara. Don't you want to meet her today?"

Thinking about something good, I made him want to meet her this night, at our house. With me.

"Yeah, I'll ask her if we can meet this night. How do you know though? I feel the need to meet and talk to her but I still don't know what to do. Hopefully, she won't be mad at me for avoiding her yesterday hahaha."

"Alright sure. You're using the house?"

"Yeah, I want to spend time with her here."

"You want me out? Feels like I'm disturbing you guys."

"Eh, no! Stay here. If you're in your room it's fine I guess."

"Okay then. See you later. I'm going to class."

"Alright."

***

Finishing my class, it's already in the evening. I'm on my way going back home when a car suddenly stopped beside me and roll the window. Looking carefully, I saw Clara with her sunglasses holding the steering wheel.

"Hey Rayan, going home?"

"Yeah, I don't know where's Brendon though."

"Haha, I'm on my way to your home too so let's go together?"

"Of course, who like to walk here with this kind of heat."

I opened the door and sat on the passenger side.

"It's not usual for you to come, Brendon is making trouble?"

While smiling, she said excitedly.

"No, it's not like that at all. He asked me to come actually, saying he wants to spend some time with me."

"Cool, I've gotten tired answering your question whenever we met after all."

"Duh, You're his housemate, of course, I'll ask you. Who else would I ask?"

Rolling my eyes, I answered.

"Alright girl whatever."

We continue chatting, sometimes the awkward moment comes and she will change the subject to continue out talk. She's sure a social person. Well her father is a businessman, she must have picked up the skill when meeting with other families.

After we arrived, I open the door and saw no one.

"Brendon! Your girlfriend's here!"

I tried to call him but there's no response. Grinning, I tell her.

"He must've been sleeping in his room. Come in, I'll just stay in my room and you guys can do whatever you want. Just don't be too loud though. Otherwise, I'm going to need some relief too. haha"

"Hey, that's a bad joke. You won't get any girlfriend with that joke you know. Anyway, bye."

"Ugh, whatever."

In my room, I tried to connect to Brendon and the red string pop out from my head making its way out.

'Oho... So I don't need to see with my eyes to do it. Now let's try on Clara.'

I keep trying to connect but nothing came out. So I cut my connection with Brendon and try it again. The red thing still won't come out.

'Hmm... Maybe it's because I've already done it once with Brend so I can connect to him whenever I want?'

Then I connect back to Brendon and told him to go out with Clara and sit on the couch. Also, he will not pay attention to me unless I say something. Seconds later, I heard the door opened while they're talking to each other and then sit on the couch.

"Baby, why do you bring me here. Rayan can hear us out you know."

"I don't know, it just feels more comfortable here."

I opened a little bit of my door and peek at them. Then I try to connect to her. It works but instead of red string, a blue string came out. It did not go into her brain but to her heart instead.

I tried to connect with Brendon too and it happened. Currently, two strings are sticking out of my head and pierce through Brendon's head while the other Clara's heart.

I was too focused on experimenting that I did not even notice what they are saying.

Laughing in my mind, I thought.

'Now we can do some real shit. Hahaha!'

 

If there is any error please do comment.

4