Chapter 18: Grimm Alliance Part 2
777 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I space out into the depths of my temporal mind. The mixture of digesting the Drakoros Dragon and the choice that lies before me made my brain malfunction and overload.

A vast spiral of past memories flashed past me inside of my mindscape. I was in a sea of endless interloping memories. My human soul-body was quickly absorbed by one memory.

........

"Ah, Zed there you are! Come over here look what I got you!" Dr. Oaken walks over to him with a cardboard box full of puppies, each of the cute little critters had all different colors of fur, snow white, raven black, and hazel brown.

"I don't want your stupid gift." Zed snarls. He could barely see the pups with his poor vision. He was way down and depressed, to say the least, it had been a long 5 years of not seeing anything. His blindness slowly decayed his soul. He sat against an oak tree in the park nearby his house and was listening to rock music on his simulation phone device all alone.

"Don't be such a downer kid. Just take them they don't have a family." Dr.Okaen takes out one golden retriever puppy and gives it to Zed.

"Woof!Woof!" The puppy wagged its fluffy tail and licked Zed on the cheeks. He started to feel a sense of compassion for the little furry rascal. Much like him, the puppies were alone and abandoned, lost without a purpose or home.

"Woof!Woof!Arf!" The puppies all barked and place their paws at the edge of the cardboard box.

"It's alright little guys. You got a new home now." Zed picks up the box with a light smile.

"It's good that you turned around kid. Most humans would leave these poor creatures out to die in the wild. My own species makes me sick. It's nice to see that someone like you who is blind takes the time out of their life to help others. You're a real hero. Come on let's go back home and give them something to eat." Dr. Oaken patted Zed on his shoulders and walked over to his beat down truck. Zed gave out a low chuckle, it was funny to see the richest scientist in the world drive the shittest car in existence.

"She's not much to look at, but she does what she can. Besides who wastes money on fancy cars when all it does is fucking drive like any other car. Being rich doesn't exactly mean your smart. You're, just a dumbass with more money. Like I always say, money can't buy you a brain." Dr. Oaken chugs down a can of beer and tosses it on the grassy field as he enters his truck. Zed jumps on with the puppies and put on his seat belt.

When he arrived home the first thing he did was play with the puppies. They all happily chased Zed around the living room and kitchen. The puppies were making such a mess and were barking loudly and freely as they wanted. They had finally found a home and a family. For the past couple of weeks Zed would take out the puppies for a walk around the neighborhood, even though he couldn't see very well, the puppies would guide him across the streets and into the park where he listens to books on his cell phone alone, but not this time. He had his little furry friends to join him. The puppies all jumped on his lap as he read books of science, fantasy, and self-defense. These were the happiest of times for Zed.

Then one day as he was working out in his home gym, he got a phone call from Dr.Oaken, "Zed you have to come to my lab." He said with a cold and saddened tone.

Zed ran over to Dr.Oaken's lab, he used the GPS on his phone to guide him to Oaken's lab. Once he arrived he could hear low pitch barks and frantic whimpers. He had left the puppies with his sister and Dr.Oaken for the week, so he could study for an upcoming exam.

"What's going on? Are the puppies alright?" Zed asked with worry in his hazel teenage eyes.

"I am sorry Zed. I don't how it happen." Dr.Oaken was drinking away his sorrow. Bottles of liquor were scattered across the tile floors of his lab.

"Move aside!" Zed shouts as he pushes away Dr.Oaken and walks over the cardboard box and opens it. Inside the box the puppies, all looked tired and sickly. Whitish foam and drool was seen hanging from their black lips.

"What happen!?" He snaps as he slaps away Dr.Oakens beer bottle and slams his body against a nearby metal cabinet.

"Zed… I didn't do anything. They probably had rabies before when I found them abandoned in the dumpster." He casually replies.

"No…No!" Zed angrily gripped his forehead and tears began to fall from his eyes.

Dr.Oaken took out a pistol from his office desk drawer and slowly walks over to Zed.

"You have to do it. Don't make them suffer any longer than they need to." He places the gun in Zeds hand.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!? What the fuck is wrong with this world!" He tossed away the gun and punched Dr.Oaken in the face.

"I won't kill them! There has to be a vaccine to cure them!Anything!"

"Its already too late." Dr. Oaken spits out blood.

Zed gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. Every fiber in his body told him not to kill the puppies. "Ruff! Ruff!Growwwwwargh!" The puppies started madly biting each other, splashes of blood covered the box as they fought each other. The sight was too much for Zed to bare.

"If you continue to take care of them they will bite and try to kill you. You will be infected with rabies. You have to do it. Natures law of survival!" Dr.Oaken drank again.

"This is not survival! This is…this is wrong!" Zed stumbles backward.

"You have to do it."

"Why don't you do it!?"

Dr.Oaken picked up his gun, "Because they are not my burden. They should at least be killed by the one that cared for them.

Zed takes another look at the puppies, it was true… They deserved that much. There was no way to save them. But death. He looked at the puppies one more time, they were shaking and covered in blood. They looked helpless and mindless.

Zed shook in fear and breathes out before he could think the puppies lunged at him and bit his forearm. "Aahhhh!" He yelled out in pain. He quickly picks up the gun and his instincts of survival took over him. A thundering "BANG!" ringed across the lab room.

........

"No! There's no way I did that!?" I hold on to my ghostly soul stomach and almost puke. Why was that fucked up memory shown to me!? Was my mind trying to show me something!?

In the corner of my eye, I could see another memory fragment, but this one was different. It was the baby goblins and orcs memories. I could them happily playing with their mothers and brothers. Their older and bigger parents laughing in a pitch screech. They actually seemed friendly, unlike the monsters they were back in the cave hideout. Then I see another image of goblins and orcs whipping, defiling, and slaughtering human and elf adventurers.

"*Now you see it. There is no such thing as light and darkness. No. There is only the truth. You must choose!*" Two large glowing red eyes stare back at me in the darkness of my mindscape, it was my primal instinct.

My giant eyeball rolls down from my eyelids and glares directly at the baby goblins and orcs.

Yes, life is nothing, but lies. I have already chosen my path.

______________

A?N: This chapter needs to be edited. More chapters coming today. Thank you to the readers who spot out grammar errors I will be editing chapter now. I will also be planning a huge pa treon deal that will have my first R-18 chapter for this novel and you will be able to vote for the harem members in this novel. Its just $7 to read on ahead. Let's reach number 1 on trending! Help review as there 1 star spammers. More higher reviews more chapters. 

12