Chapter 6 Demonic Aura
561 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking to Kayla for a few minutes which brought back old memories especially with how strict she sounded, I began to make my way out of the cave as there was nothing to do here except look at magic crystals which was not the best way to pass the time especially if I wanted to learn how to survive. 

However before I did that I made my way to the corpses, and stood in front of them before I hesitantly asked with a face of disgust. 

'Must I really do this?' 

"Yes, if you want to survive." Kayla said as if I had an opinion. 

Which I obviously did not, as I gave an audible gulp and steeled myself before I started to slowly eat my torturer, which at first made me want to vomit but I gradually started to take a liking to the beast as I began to eat more rapidly seeming like a wild animal that has not been feed for days. 

Well that was before I saw several notifications in front of me. 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have gained 750 bio energy by eating a Demonic rabbit, which will be converted into biopoints as host does not have a hatchery.]

This notification made me very excited as I finally knew how to earn money but If I got excited over this notification the next one made me start dancing like Scrooge. 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have acquired the DNA strand of a Demonic rabbit.] 

[*Ding* Would you like to sell this DNA strand for 2000 Biopoints? [YES] or [NO]] 

'Yes.' I said with out any hesitation as me coming from capitalistic society knew the value of money. 

[Confirming transaction...] 

[Confirmed] 

[ *Ding* Congratulations have gained 2000 BP.]

And just like an office worker who just got paid I went back to work eating the rest the rabbit, which made me want more as I stared at the other slightly bigger rabbit while trying to taste the aroma in the air with my tongue, and with nothing to stop me I completely ravaged the rabbit. 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have gained 1000 bio energy by eating an Alpha Demonic rabbit, which will be converted into biopoints as host does not have a hatchery.]

[*Ding* Congratulations you have acquired the DNA strand of an Alpha Demonic rabbit.] 

[*Ding* Would you like to sell this DNA strand for 2500 Biopoints? [YES] or [NO]] 

As I took my last bite and just like clock-work another string of notifications showed up however they were different as they offered more money which made me over the moon but before I could even accept, Kayla advised me to keep it. 

'But why?' I asked in a slightly grumpy tone. (A/N: Like a proper Scrooge ?

"DNA strands are very important as you can steal abilities of the animals that you got them from however biopoints will be deducted." Kayla said which made me realize my mistake as DNA strands where important especially to the Zerg race which was basically a blueprint a larvae needed to follow if it wanted to evolve, but this was the first time I ever heard an ability being stolen without evolution involved. 

"That is because of the system's assistance and mine, so you can say thank you if you want."Kayla said seeming a little smugg. 

'No.' 

" What did you say?" Kayle asked coldly 

' Ah, nothing.' I quickly said as I  felt a shiver down my spine  

" Good answer." She said with a satisfied tone as I sighed a sigh of relief clearly dodging a bullet. 

'No' I said. 

[Confirmed.] 

[*Ding* Would you like steal the abilities of this DNA( - 5000 bp) [YES] or [NO]] 

'Yes.'  I said but moments later my mind became blank as my body tensed up as I felt like my  mind and body were changing becoming more bloodthirsty as I could only see red however this only lasted for a few minutes before everything went back to normal as I felt a bit stronger and lighter too. 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have gained a new skill < Lesser Demonic Aura>.] 

'Demonic Aura?' I asked myself as I was very perplexed, so without any hesitation called out my status to find I more. 

'Status' 

[NAME: Andrew Davis

 

TITLE : N/A

 

RACE : Zerg larvae( Zerg)

 

TIER : Tier 1 ( level 2) 

 

STATS: Health 150/150 |Sp 50/50 |Strength 12 | Intelligence 35|Agility 10 |Endurance 15 |Wisdom 45| Charm 5 |

 

FOCUS: Psychokinesis(18%)

 

PASSIVE SKILLS:

 

~ Capapace ( armor)

~ Regeneration

 

ACTIVE SKILLS :

 

~Telekinesis 

~Poisonous Bite

 

INNATE ABILITIES :

~ Lesser Demonic Aura 

~ Energy conversion (system gifted trait)

~ Psionic sensitivity (racial trait)

~ ******

I was not confused by it being listed as an innate ability as Kayla already explained to me that they were basically abilities that you gained since birth usually through your bloodline or something else but what I was confused by was it name, as Demons were basically only myths back on Earth created to scare people, but I finally understood when I read its description. 

[ Lesser Demonic Aura -  an aura that gives off an uneasy feeling at first but as time goes by it begins to create an irrational fear which in turn creates a pseudo demonic aura] 

9