Banquet
521 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Mu Chen woke up the next morning, it was noon. He looked at the two sleeping beauties on his sides and sighed. Last night was crazy.

After the events yesterday, Mu Chen was tired and sleepy. Although he didn't fight for long, he had been on full alert since meeting Old Shi, he also used his sword intent several times leaving him exhausted. Everyone decided to end their talk and Su Rong brought them to the Su Family as guests.

The girls were all staying with Su Rong, so Mu Chen had an entire villa for himself. But who knew? Late into the night, Zhou Mei sneaked into his room. She had been worried about him, but she couldn't be open in front of everyone, so Mu Chen had to console her. One thing led to another, and they both ended up naked.

Obviously, Zhou Mei's disappearance couldn't be concealed for a long time. While Mu Chen was busy consoling her, Liu Fengying also arrived and the situation became awkward. Zhou Mei was embarrassed and wanted to run away. So Mu Chen threw caution to the wind and dragged both of them to bed. His mental exhaustion didn't know, ran off to where. Instead, they stayed awake for a long time. It was only in the early morning that they fell asleep.

Mu Chen slid off the bed without disturbing the two. He covered them with a quilt and went to the bathroom for a bath. While he was bathing, his stomach began to growl. He finished his bath and came out. Seeing that Zhou Mei and Liu Fengying were still sleeping, Mu Chen decided to find something to eat.

As one of the noble families in the capital, the Su Family residence was big and prosperous. But Mu Chen hadn't had any time to familiarize himself and was soon lost.

"Why is it so big?" Mu Chen grumbled. "And where the hell is everyone?" He had been wandering for half an hour but he didn't see a soul. His stomach was roaring like a hungry beast.

"Huh?" Mu Chen paused. He sniffed the air and an explosive mixture of scents drilled in. Mu Chen's mouth started drooling and his stomach growled. He followed his nose in the direction from where the aroma was coming from.

Mu Chen arrived in front of a banquet hall. The aroma of food was drifting from the hall. Without hesitation, Mu Chen stepped through the door and entered the hall.

The banquet hall was very big, but it was still crowded by hundreds of people. They were all young―the Su Family didn't lack descendants. They had been gathered here for some purpose. But Mu Chen didn't have interest in it at the moment. His attention was drawn to the center of the hall, where a long table stood, loaded with a mountain of dishes.

Mu Chen borrowed a plate from one of the side tables and went ahead and helped himself to a serving.

"Mmm...this spirit meat tastes good." Mu Chen chewed on the meat with relish. He couldn't tell which beast this meat belonged to, but every bite just melted in his mouth. The quality of the meat was high and it had been marinated in special herbs to promote rapid digestion. It was seasoned with spices which enhanced the taste of the meat, which stimulated his appetite even more. Mu Chen finished his portion, then helped himself with another serving, then another.

At first, Mu Chen's actions didn't draw any attention from the Su Family youngsters who were eating nearby. Spirit beast meat was beneficial to cultivation―it wasn't unusual to eat double servings. But when Mu Chen began to feast on the delicacies without any scruples, it became noticeable. Several youngsters began to look at him with scorn.

"Hey, which household is that guy from?"

"I am not familiar with him, why?"

"That guy is now on his sixth serving…"

"Are you kidding?"

"Those are the ones I counted. Who knows how much he ate before..."

"Holy shit! This guy must be an incarnation of a hungry ghost..."

Mu Chen heard the whispers, but ignored them and kept eating. The scorn turned into amusement, and amusement soon turned into shock. Mu Chen became a public spectacle.

"How much more do you think he can eat?"

"I think...three more servings should be his limit."

"I think five…"

"Wanna bet?"

"What's the stake?"

"I have a..."

A few people even began to place bets on how much Mu Chen could eat. As a result, more people began to pay attention and ask about him.

When the scale of the family was too large, not being familiar with every other member was normal. But when nobody present could identify Mu Chen, they became doubtful of his identity. Due to the scrutinization of several family members, one thing came to light―nobody knew who Mu Chen was.

"Hey, who are you?" When Mu Chen was onto his umpteenth serving, a Su Family member couldn't hold back and questioned him.

"Huh? Are you talking to me?" Mu Chen looked at the thin youth who looked no older than sixteen. He looked somewhat familiar, but Mu Chen couldn't tell where he had seen him.

"Who else but you?" The youth said. "What are you doing here? You don't look like our Su Family member."

"Oh? What do Su Family members look like?" Mu Chen asked.

"They…" The youth opened his mouth then closed, at a loss for words. The Su Family members didn't have any unique traits. The youth just felt that Mu Chen was not from their family, but when asked for a reason, he couldn't point it out.

"Hmm...you used 'they', shouldn't you use 'us'?" Mu Chen said. "Don't tell me, you are not a Su Family member?"

"You...don't spout nonsense." The youth choked on his food. He drank some water to clear his throat, and glared at Mu Chen, "Do you know who I am? You are not from the Su Family or you wouldn't have spoken to me like this."

"Oh! Who are you?" Mu Chen asked. He was in a good mood after the events of yesterday and after a good meal, his mood was even better. He didn't mind playing around with others.

"I am Su He." The youngster announced his name and looked at Mu Chen with pride and expectation. "Afraid?"

"Not really." Mu Chen shrugged. He didn't even know who Su He was, much less afraid of him.

"Hmph! A newborn calf who is not afraid of the tiger. You don't know what trouble you have gotten yourself into," Su He said. "I will warn you, this banquet was arranged for Su Family juniors. This is not a place for outsiders to barge in."

"I see, I'm sorry for barging in." Mu Chen said. "Since I am not welcome here, I will take my leave." Mu Chen turned to leave. He had already eaten to his heart's content, so it didn't matter if he got kicked out now.

"Hold it!" Su He said. "Do you think you can come and leave as you wish?"

"What do you want then? I've already apologized," Mu Chen said. "Don't tell me you want me to puke all the food I just ate?"

The other youngsters who were nearby heard this and flinched. They retreated a few steps back, to avoid dirtying their clothes, in case Mu Chen puked. Su He who had been questioning also recoiled, but he composed himself.

"Y-you, do you know how much the spirit meat you ate is worth? You think you can get away even if you puke it out?" Su He said. "Wait...no! That is not even the real issue here. You are not a Su Family member. How did you get inside?"

"I'm Mu Chen. Su Rong brought me here. I'm―" Mu Chen began. But as soon as he brought up Su Rong's name, the scene exploded with gossip.

"Su Rong? Is he talking about the Young Lady?"

"Maybe...but why would Young Lady bring some guy over…"

"Don't tell me…"

"Sssh!"

Everyone began to whisper amongst each other, especially the girls.

"Shut up! Shut up! Don't talk nonsense!" Su He snarled and everyone quietened down. He glared at Mu Chen. "How dare you slander my elder sister?"

Mu Chen had black lines on his forehead.
These guys sure had a rich imagination. He hadn't even finished his sentence, everyone's imagination was running like wild horses. "Like I was saying, I am Su Rong's friend and she brought me here as a guest." He looked at Su He and observed. There were indeed a few points of similarity between him and Su Rong. "You are her brother? I thought you looked familiar."

"You lie!" Su He pointed a finger at Mu Chen. "Elder Sis doesn't have any male friends. Tell me the truth. Who are you and how did you enter our residence?"

"I've told you." Mu Chen said. "You can just call your sister. She will tell you."

"Elder Sister is busy―everyone knows she doesn't like to be disturbed." Su He sneered, "Don't think you can fool me with this cheap trick."

"If you don't believe me, I can't help it," Mu Chen said. He wanted to leave, but several guys blocked his path.

Mu Chen looked back at Su He and frowned. "Is this how your Su Family treats its guests?"

Su He hesitated. If Mu Chen was really a friend invited by his sister, it wouldn't be good if he offended him.

"Brother He, if he is a guest, he should have the visitor token," one of the guys whispered to Su He.

"That's it!" Su He said. "Show us your guest token."

"Guest token?" Mu Chen said, "There's such a thing?"

"Hah! Since you don't have it, there is no need to pretend," Su He said, and waved his hand. Several youngsters surrounded Mu Chen. "Hehe! Sneaking into the Su Family compound, you've got a lot of nerve―I applaud you for that," Su He said, "But since you have come, you can't leave."

"Do you want to fight?" Mu Chen sighed. How did things end up like this? He just wanted to fill his stomach. "You are Su Rong's little brother―I don't want to hurt you."

"Hurt me?" Su He said. "With so many of us here, you should be worried about yourself." Su He laughed and along with him, other youngsters began to laugh as well.

"Since you want to fight, then let's fight." Mu Chen said, "Are you coming alone or together?"

Su He and others were stunned at first but then laughed.

"Hahaha! Did you hear what he said?"

"Did this guy eat some leopard's ball and tiger's heart?" One person derided.

"Hey, with this guy's appetite, I don't think just one would be enough." Another chuckled.

"Who do you think will win?"

"Tsk, is there a need to ask? That guy is not even spirit condensation..."

"I say...you wanna bet again?"

"Bet on how long this guy will last?"

Another round of betting began. The crowd surrounded Mu Chen and Su He, leaving them space to fight. They had been bored before, but Mu Chen and Su He's little scuffle made them anticipate.

At the center, Mu Chen and Su He confronted each other. Mu Chen could tell Su He's aura was surging. But he wasn't fazed at all. After his battle with Tan Jun, Mu Che had a whole new understanding of his own prowess. Although Tan Jun had been severely injured before he could use his full strength, could a Spirit Gathering realm cultivator compare to a Dividing Earth realm expert?

But at this point, someone entered the banquet hall.

"What are you guys doing?" With one sentence, the crowd parted in two.

"Elder Sis," Su He cried out and his aura instantly deflated. "What are you doing here?"

"Hmph! I should be the one asking you. I informed you to come to my villa. Why didn't―um? Brother Chen?" Su Rong saw Mu Chen and was surprised. "Why are you here?"

Su He was startled. "Elder Sis...y-you know this guy?"

"He is a friend, why?" Su Rong frowned. She noticed the unusualness, and her voice rose a bit. "Did you get into a fight?"

"T-that Elder Sis, I...I can explain." Su He began to sweat. But Su Rong had walked up to him and twisted his ear. "Aaargh!" Su He screamed. "Elder Sis, It was a mistake, a mistake! I didn't do anything."

"Hmph! Didn't do anything?" Su Rong harrumphed. "Then why is everyone surrounding you two? Is there a show?"

"Cough! It's nothing." Mu Chen hurried forward to say, "Su He and I were just exchanging some pointers."

"Y-yes! Yes!" Su He nodded his head like a chicken. "We were just exchanging pointers. Look, even Brother Chen admitted it."

"Brother Chen, you don't have to cover up―I know him well." Su Rong smiled at Mu Chen, but then glared at Su He. "This guy can't sit still and is always looking for trouble. Don't fall for his tricks!"

Mu Chen was taken aback. He looked at Su He and scrutinized him again. "Hey, I didn't think you were so crafty. You knew who I was from the start?"

Writer's block suck.

12