33. ~Trapped~
987 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yatsu's shuddered.

He tried to move and was happy to find himself capable. Only, his right side was numb, and he found himself staring at pink hair, tied in two small white ribbons.

Accepting the situation, he controlled his breathing and lay back. The dream was already becoming one big blur so he focused on something else, like searching for a way out of a sleeping girl's grasp.

He examined all of his options and gave up. Moving out from under her was impossible. He’d either have to wake her up or wait until she wakes on her own.

Wait, where is here anyway?  He lifted his head a bit, and from the few objects in view, Yatsu concluded he’d been here before.

The infirmary?  He lay back down and nearly cursed when Sasha stirred from where she lay, only, instead of waking up, she snuggled closer to him.

The scent of flowers.

Brandon coming at him in a fit of rage.

Three knives stabbing his chest.

Yatsu started to sweat.

Calm down, moron! Deep breath.

He breathed in.

Breathed out.

Someone walked in the room.

The last time Yatsu called out to someone, three knives fell toward him.

Ya, but this is the real world, and it’s probably just the school nurse… but what if it isn't? Oh just stop talking to yourself Yatsu!

"Hello?" He tried to be quiet, but is there such a thing when someone is sleeping right on top of you?

"Yatsu?" The nurse was male. Yatsu recognized his voice having met him once before, but couldn’t recall his name. "How are you feeling?"

How am I feeling? Why?  "Okay for the moment?" He responded unsure.

First, the nurse’s head of dark hair became visible, tied up into a small ponytail. Next his cleanly shaved face and dark eyes popped in.

"From the young lady's report it says here that you took the full force of a punch to your temple, and another to the top of your head."

"Right," Yatsu reached up and touched his face with his free arm, and winced. "Ow," he brought his hand back down, it apparently only hurt when he touched it. "So do I look funny?"

"You have a black eye and you might have a headache for a day or two, other than that, if you don't feel anything else, you’re free to go... but you are also free to stay if you don't want to disturb the miss..." he trailed off.

"Did anyone else get hurt?" Yatsu asked, thinking Brandon hadn’t stopped with him.

"No," he said, sounding like he wanted to end the conversation. Yatsu was okay, so his job was done.

Yatsu muttered a thank you and the nurse left the room.

Watching the sleeping girl on top of him for a while made him tired, and he covered his mouth for a yawn. He placed his hands back down, his right hand accidentally brushed against Sasha's backside.

He cringed and silently cursed.

She reacted and stirred some more, only this time he was pretty sure she was awake.

Yatsu hesitantly looked back down at her, only to find two ice cold eyes staring back at him.

Ummmm... "Hi?"

18