45. ~Afternoon Coffee~
772 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Someone banged on the front door.

Rika put down her coffee, and hopped off the kitchen counter-top.

From her kitchen window she caught a glance at the visitor's school uniform.

Is this? -she came to visit him?

Rika smiled, and opened the door.

Sasha stared back at her with a scowl, but as soon as Sasha's eyes met Rika’s, that scowl turned into the sweetest smile.

"Is Yatsu home?" Sasha asked.

A chill crawled down Rika's spine. Somehow this little girl put her on edge with only three words.

Cautious, Rika moved aside.

“Please come in.”

Sasha stepped inside, and after taking off her shoes, she headed straight for the stairs to Yatsu’s room.

Rika watched Sasha walk away. No, wait, this may be my only chance to get to know her. She sprung forward and gently snatched Sasha's arm.

Sasha froze solid.

"The kitchen," Rika spit out and let go. "Erm, sorry, I was hoping we could talk."

Sasha didn't say anything, but turned toward the kitchen.

Settling down once again on the kitchen counter, Rika observed Sasha as she took a seat at the table.

She's stiff, not looking at me... did Yatsu say something to make her dislike me?

"So... Sasha, right? Does Yatsu still call you Sasha? -or does he have a sweetie-pie name for you yet?" Rika asked.

Sasha muttered something Rika couldn't make out.

Guess I'll take that as a no.

"You two seemed pretty close at the restaurant, I-"

"No," said Sasha, emotionless.

But the longing in that one word overwhelmed Rika. This girl is-

"Just how much do you like my brother? He's not special or anything. He's a pretty lazy guy if you ask me. Anti-social, likes to lock himself in his bedroom and fantasize about..." being with you. Rika scratched her head. How exactly did he land this girl again?

Come to think of it, wasn't their visit to the restaurant two days after I tried giving him love-note advice? Rika grinned. Oh Yatsu, you landed yourself a cute little pervert, didn't you?

"How did you two meet?" Rika pressed, wanting answers.

"We bumped into each other..." Sasha trailed off, her stare grew distant.

What a cliche way to-

"...four months ago," Sasha finished.

Rika paused. Four months ago? That was the beginning of the school year -and she talks as though... she's had her eyes on him...

Maybe Yatsu wasn't after this girl? -and she snatched him up?

No, he's been almost too weird lately, this is definitely the girl.

"Okay, talk," Rika said. "When did you two get together? How did it happen? I want to know the details because Yatsu won't tell me anything."

"Beginning of last week, my friend, Eva, received a heart letter-" Sasha started.

"Wait, he gave a letter to another girl?" Rika interrupted.

Sasha raised her head and glared into Rika's eyes.

Rika trembled.

"Can I finish the story?" Sasha asked way too softly.

Rika nodded.

The tension lifted when Sasha told her side of the story of how she and Yatsu got together.

Rika's head buzzed with confusion, more so when Sasha explained what happened at the park.

There was no feeling behind Sasha's words. She didn't explain how she felt, or how she saw Yatsu. Only the events that happened in chronological order. Sasha randomly tried to kiss him? Why?

Does this girl not feel anything for my brother? Or is it all an act? My friends would spill their hearts if I asked them juicy details on how they met their boyfriends!

Sasha stopped talking.

"Do you feel anything for him at all?" asked Rika, glaring at Sasha.

"I love him, and I will never leave him."

Sasha's eyes changed and screamed innocent little girl.

Rika laughed.

I get it now! This girl doesn't know what love is! She's confused, and lost.

Yatsu, you sure know how to pick them.

"-hahaha, shit girl, that's too funny," Rika wiped tear-filled eyes. "You know you can't stick to him all the time, right?"

"I'm not joking," Sasha said. "I love Yatsu, and I won't let anyone hurt him."

Rika shifted in her chair. “Sasha. How much do you know about Yatsu? You know he’s never been in a single fight till you came along. Yesterday was the first time I’ve ever heard of him going to a hospital!”

Sasha’s eyes turned frigid. “Yatsu went to the-?”

"Gagh!" Yatsu yelped from the kitchen’s entrance and crashed to the floor.

"Yatsu!"

Sasha raced to aid the fallen Yatsu before Rika could get off the counter.

Moving to help him back to his feet, Rika stood behind him and took hold of one of his arms. But Sasha's hand slapped down on her wrist, startling her.

"That'll hurt him!" growled Sasha. Her icy stare penetrated Rika's soul. "You need to get under him!"

Sasha climbed under Yatsu and helped him up using the full support of her back.

Rika helped walk him to a chair.

I'm not wrong, I don't think Sasha knows what love is-

Rika stared in awe as Sasha not only provided Yatsu the best comfort possible, but also moved in and held on to him like life itself depended on it.

-she changed the moment he showed up. First she was cold, distant and now she’s… I-I’ve never seen anything like it.

Rika grabbed her coffee cup, and downed the rest.

22