Chapter 22: Craftsmen Guild And First Knight Order
2.7k 9 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

Using fire magic, Soma burned the corpses of the 11 adventurers who came to kill him till nothing was left behind, after that, Soma resumed walking towards the town pulling the cart holding the 60 red birds behind him all the while reading from his book.

 

“Oh! You came back with something amazing today as well!”(Guard)

 

“The craftsmen guild needed the feathers of this monster to make arrows in preparation for the flood, and they said the more the better, and so I hunted 60 of them”(Soma)

 

“I see, thank you for your hard work!”(Guard)

 

After that, Soma made his way to the mercenary guild and called Ito from the back of the building, Ito came and was happy to see that soma was safe and that he hunted a large number of red birds.

 

“As always, it’s amazing how you are able to pull this heavy cart as if it weighs nothing!”(Ito)

 

“It’s not that heavy for me though”(Soma)

 

“Well then, Did those guys attack you?”(Ito)

 

“They did attack me”(Soma)

 

“How many of them were there?”(Ito)

 

“11, 10 were the ones to attack me and the last one was left alone slightly away from his comrades, I think they intended to have him head back to the town and frame me of attacking them outside the town for no reason in case the table was turned on his friends”(Soma)

 

“They really went all out this time”(Ito)

 

“Is that so?”(Soma)

 

“What happened to them?”(Ito)

 

“They are never gonna come back, forever”(Soma)

 

“That’s good to hear, and with this, the adventurers guild have only one combatant left”(Ito)

 

“Only one?”(Soma)

 

“To be more precise, one red-haired woman and her three arm-less followers”(Ito)

 

“Ahh those guys”(Soma)

 

“Well, about your test, I’ll deliver the feathers to the craftsmen guild and the meat to the merchant guild and well give you your test result and money tomorrow after you are done with your daily request and for today I’ll only record this request on your medal and give the request completion reward”(Ito)

 

After that, Soma headed to the usual stall and met up with Marina and spent their time together as usual, and after that, Soma went back to the inn and spent 2 hours before going to sleep making more potions.

 

The next day, after finishing his daily request, Soma headed to the mercenary guild to have Ito process the request and to hear the result of his test.

 

“The test result was perfect! They were happy with what you brought and the leader of the craftsmen guild wish to meet with you tomorrow morning if possible”(Ito)

 

“I have no problem with that”(Soma)

 

“Then I’ll inform them that you are going to visit tomorrow morning”(Ito)

 

“Thank you”(Soma)

 

The next morning, Soma is right now sitting in front of the leader of the craftsmen guild Dolan, he is a dwarf that has a very long brown beard and for some reason, he is wearing a leather armor instead of normal clothes.

 

“My name is Dolan and as you can see I am a dwarf, I am the leader of the craftsmen guild and I would like to thank you for the red bird feathers, that really helped us a lot!”(Dolan)

 

“Don’t mind it, and if there are more things you need you just have to tell me”(Soma)

 

“Glad to hear that!… today I wanted to meet with you to settle things regarding your contract as a member of the craftsmen guild and as our contracted mercenary, so do you have any requests you want to be added to your contract?”(Dolan)

 

“If possible I want a house that has a workshop inside of it”(Soma)

 

“Why workshop?”(Dolan)

 

“I’m not only capable of making healing potions, but also many types of other potions as well and I can add enchantment to weapons, armor, and tools and to do that I would need a working space”(Soma)

 

“Wait! You can enchant things?!”(Dolan)

 

“Yes I can, if you want me to show you, give me a sword or something and I’ll enchant it for you”(Soma)

 

“Then here my sword!! Enchant it with some weak fire magic!!”(Dolan)

 

Soma took the sword and used {Enchant} to enchant the sword with the fire magic {Ignite} and gave the sword back to Dolan, Dolan took the sword and channeled some mana through the sword and the sword became red-hot in an instant.

 

“This is awesome!! Please teach me how you did this!”(Dolan)

 

“I have no problem with that but not right now, I want to be sure that I can trust you before I give you my secrets”(Soma)

 

“That’s understandable, and your request for a house that has a workshop inside it, I’ll give you the biggest house we have! Because it needs some cleaning and preparing, give me until tonight, by that time I’ll be sure to make it more than just inhabitable! Here, once you sign this you’ll become the head of the Alchemy department in the craftsmen guild”(Dolan)

 

“Alchemy department?”(Soma)

 

“A new department only you are in it, but you can take those you trust under you and increase the number of members that way”(Dolan)

 

“I see”(Soma)

 

After reading and signing the contract, Soma went from the craftsmen guild to the mercenary guild and told Ito about what happened.

 

“Hahahahahahaha!! That’s good to hear! You are going up the ranks very rapidly it’s starting to get hilarious!”(Ito)

 

“I don’t understand what’s hilarious about it though?”(Soma)

 

“You are becoming an existence more akin to the ultimate pain to the adventurers guild and those who support them! And because you became the head of the alchemy department of the craftsmen guild people who find you to be a pain would start to cause you problems and would even send assassins to kill you fearing that more of you would appear, and by them doing so they would only get themselves exposed and killed by you making this country cleaner by having those greedy fools destroy themselves!”(Ito)

 

“Oi! Worry about me at least!”(Soma)

 

“There is no use doing that!”(Ito)

 

“Why is that?!”(Soma)

 

“You might not have noticed, but those 11 adventurers you killed are all from the Blessed which means that they all had the ability to use the pink system and all of them were at levels higher than 50! Those guys were the strongest adventurers in this kingdom and you killed all of them alone and with ease! This makes you the strongest creature in this kingdom and maybe you are even stronger than Vitos’s heroes! So what use worrying about a monster like you!”(Ito)

 

“This guy just went and called me a monster with a smiling face…”(Soma)

 

“Ah! I almost forgot! Soma are you free right now?”(Ito)

 

“I’m free till nighttime once the craftsmen guild is ready to hand the house to me”(Soma)

 

“If so, there is a personal request that came for you from the First Knight Order, they asked for the delivery of 500 intermediate healing potions, and don’t worry, the requester is the Captain of the First Knight Order, and he is an active mercenary as well”(Ito)

 

“And that Captain wants to buy those 500 potions from me…”(Soma)

 

“Yeah, he said that he wishes to use them during the fight against the flood to heal those who get injured fighting against the Flood’s monsters”(Ito)

 

“I see, I’ll head there right now”(Soma)

 

“Take care!”(Ito)

 

Soma went to the back of the mercenary guild building and loaded his cart with the 500 potions and headed towards the Knights’ station, the townspeople who saw Soma walking all knew that he is the creator of the potions that the mercenary guild is selling for cheap and right now they were interested as to where is he delivering those potions.

 

Soma reached the Knights’ station and was questioned for his reason of visit and when he told them that he is here to deliver the requested healing potions he was guided to the training area where the other mercenaries were training with the Knights, four Knights who were guiding the trainees came towards Soma, one leader- like young man in the front and three young knights following behind him.

 

“Nice to meet you! I am the Captain of the First Knights Order Rendoulf, but you can call me Ren!”(Ren)

 

“I am Soma, the one who made the healing potions”(Soma)

 

“I made the request just this morning and you are already delivering them?! That was fast!”(Ren)

 

“I have a lot of them stockpiled, and 500 of them is not even 10% of what I have in stock”(Soma)

 

“That’s really amazing!! Well, thank you for making the delivery, I’ll inform Ito of the request completion and will leave your payment with him”(Ren)

 

“Got it”(Soma)

 

“Now that the formal stuff is done, Soma! How about you join the First Knight Order?”(Ren)

 

“No thank you”(Soma)

 

“I se-!”(Ren)

 

“You bastard!! How dare you refuse the invitation of the Captain of First Knights Order!! That’s treason!! I’ll have you die for that!!”(Knight)

 

“Hey stop-!”(Ren)

 

When Soma refused Ren’s invitation, one of the three Knights started screaming in anger, the two Knights next to him frowned at the angry Knight and made ‘I knew it’ face, the angry Knight unsheathed his sword and swung it at Soma, Ren tried to stop him but Soma was faster, all Soma appeared to do was him placing his hand on his sword and in the next moment the angry Knight’s armor and sword were cut into countless small pieces and he was left naked.

 

“The next time you do something like this your head will become like your armor and sword right now, keep that in mind”(Soma)

 

“…K-Kuhh… Y-You d-dare attack o-one of the K-K-Knights!”(Angry Knight)

 

“SHUT UP!!”(Ren)

 

Ren shouted in an angry voice and punched the angry Knight in the face.

 

“You don’t deserve to be a Knight at all!! Just because you are from a noble family doesn’t give you the right to go around doing whatever you like! And what you did right now was attacking a civilian who was just doing his job, thus as of this moment you are not allowed to call yourself a Knight nor a noble!! Your placement under me was in hope of becoming better than your father who sees commoners as nothing but tools whose sole reason for existence is to be used, so he can gain more wealth but it was all for nothing! Your attitude with the townspeople and the mercenaries who came to train with us was terrible but I decided to look the other way because I hoped to give a chance to fix yourself, but trying to kill someone just because he refused my invitation is something I can’t forgive!! You two take him to the prison!”(Ren)

 

“B-B-But…….”(Angry Knight)

 

“Soma, Sorry about what happened here! To tell you the truth, this guy is the heir of a certain noble family from the capital and his father was discovered to have been dealing in illegal enslavement and the king decided to look into the matter more and found out that the whole family is rotten to the core and found them guilty with many crimes and decided to purge the whole family, but before that he decided to give the families heir a chance without them knowing that they have been discovered, and the chance was for him to be placed under me and for me to try to make a splendid Knight, but even after a whole year passed he is still the same, no he became worse than before, please forgive me for this incident and I’ll be sure to return the favor to you in the near future”(Ren)

 

“Don’t worry about it, I already punished him for attacking me, after all”(Soma)

 

“Thank you!”(Ren)

 

Ren raised his head with a relieved expression and then went after the two Knights who took the angry Knight to the prison.

 

“You are having it hard, 【Favorite Child Of Creation God】...”(Soma)

====================================================================================

 

In the noble district in the town of Elk, inside one of the mansions, in a dimly lit bedroom laying on his bed a man with his throat cut open and a deep wound on his chest.

 

Next to his bed, two people were standing there holding bloodied daggers one with each of them and looking down at the dead man.

 

“Mother, what is our next course of action?”(Young Man)

 

“We are going to accuse that filthy dog of attacking him and have her sold to slave merchant as a crime slave”(Woman)

 

“I know! We can tell the Baron that she was sold as a crime slave, so he can go and buy if he wants to make her his”(Young Man)

 

“Good idea! I remember him eyeing her each time he came to our mansion”(Woman)

 

“And with this, I’m the official head of this household Hahahahaha!”(Young Man)

 

“That’s right Fufufufufufu!”(Woman)

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
55