Chapter 30: Preparation For The Flood
2.3k 13 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

Upon arriving in the town Ren and Soma went and reported what they found out and announced the arrival of the Flood to be in three days, after that, Soma went straight to meet with Dolan in his office.

 

“Do you need my help with anything, Soma?”(Dolan)

 

“Yes, I want to mass produce mana potions and have them given to all the people fighting during the Flood for free”(Soma)

 

“Mana potions?! You mean those potions that restore ones MP?”(Dolan)

 

“Yes, but what I’m going to make is slightly different, the ones I’m going to make are going to restore the MP and the stamina of those drinking them”(Soma)

 

“Really?! How can I help you?”(Dolan)

 

“I want a huge container made out of metal that can hold a huge amount of liquid and I want some helping hands as well, I want some people to help me by filling the glass bottles with the potion while I make it in huge amounts, and I want you to tell the people about the potions that are going to be available during the Flood”(Soma)

 

“For the container, we have three cylindrical Pots that are 3m high and 2m in diameter used to brew medicine but they are left to be used only during emergencies and they are perfect for the job because they all have many valves at the bottom, I’ll give those to you! But for the helping hands, what type of people are you looking for?”(Dolan)

 

“Since everyone will be busy preparing for the Flood, I want people that are mostly free….. how about the children from Orphanages, there is an orphanage in this town, right?”(Soma)

 

“Yes, there is! That’s a good idea! The orphanage in this town is actually facing financial difficulties and are barely able to feed all the children, it has been in my mind to help them somehow but there are nearly no jobs that are safe for the children to do, but this job is perfect for them!”(Dolan)

 

“In that case I want you to buy new clothes for all of them as a bonus! I’ll pay for it!”(Soma)

 

“Leave it to me! When do you want everything to be provided to you?”(Dolan)

 

“I want the three pots right now and for the orphanage kids, tell them to come to my mansion tomorrow in the morning”(Soma)

 

“Got it!”(Dolan)

 

“One last thing, do you have any unneeded sand anywhere?”(Soma)

 

“If it’s sand then we have a lot of it in the space we use to store building materials, you can take all of it if you want!”(Dolan)

 

“Thank you”(Soma)

 

Soma headed to building materials storing space and took all the sand from there and took the three pots from the Medicine Department and headed to his mansion, there he told Marina about everything that happened as they ate dinner together and after that, he asked her to go to sleep early because tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

 

After that, Soma headed to the workshop and started making glass bottles out of the sand he had, and that alone took him the whole night, he was able to finish turning the huge amounts of sand he had into thousands of glass bottles, and by that time it was already dawn.

 

That night before Soma started making the glass bottles, Marina was like… “Those two will one day appear before me, I need to make some progress before that happen…”.

 

At dawn, Soma left for the Merchants guild and bought all they had of citrus fruits, once he made it home he found a group of children numbered nearly 40 and two women, one is middle-aged and the other one is a young woman in her twenties, once they noticed him the two women bowed to him and all the children did the same.

 

“Following the request of Dolan-sama we came to help, Soma-sama! My name is Maria and this here is my daughter Mai, we are the managers of the orphanage”(Maria)

 

“I’m Mai! Good to see you good health, Soma-sama”(Mai)

 

“Just Soma is fine, and you don’t need to bow to me!”(Soma)

 

“…W-We can’t possibly do that! We can’t go treating noble-sama disrespectfully!”(Maria)

 

Soma crouched down in front of one of the boys and started ruffling his hair…

 

“But I’m not a noble, you know”(Soma)

 

“Onii-chan is not a noble but he lives in a Huuuge home?”(Boy)

 

“That’s right, I am a mere mercenary, see here…. This is my medal”(Soma)

 

“Soma-sama is a mercenary?....”(Mai)

 

“Like I said no need for ‘sama’, and it’s the truth that I’m a mercenary and more than that I myself grew up in an orphanage like those kids here”(Soma)

 

“… How was the situation in your orphanage?”(Maria)

 

“The couple who managed the orphanage were really good people and they were happily willing to sacrifice all they had to provide for us, and I myself started working at a really young age to help them”(Soma)

 

“Must have been a very good town you grew up in to find a job as a kid…”(Mai)

 

“I am from a really far country and believe me it was not as good as you think, the job I worked at is no different than the one I have right now, I gained money by killing monsters and selling their meat and materials”(Soma)

 

“… You were fighting monsters at a young age! How could they let you do something so dangerous?!”(Maria)

 

“They didn’t, at first I did it in secret but after some time they found out and tried to stop me but I kept doing it till I became 15 years old”(Soma)

 

“As a child, how were you able to fight monsters and come out alive?”(Mai)

 

“It was mostly because of my past in the slums, before being picked up by the couple I used to live in the slums of that same town, and life there was hell itself, I could barely get food to eat and people there had nicknamed me the Bloody Kid because I would fight back whenever someone tried to steal my food and that’s how I learned how to fight, I simply used the skills I learned in the slums against monsters to gain money”(Soma)

 

“…You had a difficult life, huh”(Maria)

 

“Yeah… but thanks to it I learned a lot”(Soma)

 

“That’s right too…”(Maria)

 

“Soma-kun! Everything is ready!”(Marina)

 

“… A maid?”(Mai)

 

“This is my friend Marina, I asked her to make breakfast for all of you! Go eat and once you are done I’ll assign you your jobs!”(Soma)

 

“Breakfast! Yay!”(Kids)

 

The kids all ran towards Marina happily leaving Maria and Mai standing there near Soma.

 

“… You didn’t have to”(Maria)

 

“Don’t worry about it! I had asked Marina to make a lot of food so you two go with them as well!”(Soma)

 

The two looked at each other and replayed “.. we will take you on that offer” and left after the children.

 

After that, Soma went to the workshop and used Water Magic to fill the three pots with water and then used Alchemy on the water, Demonic Elder Treant leaves, and the citrus fruits to make the MP + Stamina potion in each of the pots and once the kids came he instructed them to use the valves on the bottom of the pots to fill the glass bottles with the potion.

 

They finally finished their work by night time and so after paying them and escorting them to the orphanage, Soma went back home and went to sleep, in the next morning he woke up to find Marina staring at him from a closer distance than usual, knowing the reason he ignored that and after breakfast he went to visit Ren at the Knights Station.

 

“Soma! You need me for something?”(Ren)

 

“I had an idea and came to discuss it with you”(Soma)

 

“Idea?”(Ren)

 

“Yes, during the fight with the Flood monsters the bodies of the dead monsters will be in the way, right?”(Soma)

 

“That’s right, in the past, we were forced to fight the monsters inside the town because the pile of monsters was in the way which hindered our movement, do you have a solution for that?”(Ren)

 

“Yes, how about I draw a Space-Time Magic circle on the battlefield that will transfer all dead monsters bodies into a deferent dimension where time is stopped, that way no monster bodies will be in the way and we can that way save them for later use”(Soma)

 

“Is that really possible?!”(Ren)

 

“Yeah, I can do it easily”(Soma)

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
58