Chapter 35: The Tamer Twins And The Buried Archives
2k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

“Well then, let’s go!... Marina come over here!”(Soma)

“Ah!.... This is paradise! Gehehehehe…”(Marina)

Both Ren and Dolan smiled wryly at the blushing and grinning Marina who is right now being carried by Soma princess style. Soma, Ren, Dolan, Mark, and Max started running towards the direction the monsters came from with Marina being carried by Soma.

All of them were high enough level to run at an absurd speed but Marina lacked the high AGI the five had and that’s why she is being carried by Soma, even though Marina is not as high leveled as the five guys around her, she has enough destructive power to fight the monsters of the Flood right behind Soma for the past three days, but she would just teleport home when she was tired and not go to the rest center in the town, that’s why she is not known to be that strong to most people other than those who fought next to her or behind her.

NAME: Drold Marina.

RACE: Human/Beastman

TITLE: First Dependent Of The God Of Death, Judgment, And Knowledge.

LEVEL: 60

HP: 700/∞

MP: 500

ATK: 600

DEF: 400/∞

STR: 400

VIT: 200

INT: 13966

AGI: 800

MAGIC: Water Magic Lv.5, Fire Magic Lv.5, Wind Magic Lv.5, Lightning Magic Lv.8, Earth Magic Lv.4, Light Magic Lv.7

SKILLS: Oracle, Follow, Self-Book, Farsight, Search, Alchemy, Enhance.

The group kept running for nearly three hours, and right then Soma stopped them and started gathering Mana at his feet and once the amount of Mana he gathered was enough he released it all to the ground in the form of waves, everyone was surprised by the surge of Mana that washed over them, only Marina was calmly looking at Soma.

“What did you do?”(Ren)

“The Magic Search or more like the skill Search but on a larger scale than what you saw me use before”(Soma)

“Oh, the one you used that one time!”(Ren)

“Exactly! This skill works by channeling Mana to the ground through your feet in the form of waves, that way I’m able to sense everything the Mana I released pass-through, and the more Mana I use the wider the range is….Oh! I found something! There is a hut to east from here 500m away from us, the hut is half-destroyed but there is an interesting underground area beneath it”(Soma)

“…There shouldn’t be anyone living in this forest, it’s way too dangerous for anyone to live in it”(Ren)

“That’s why I find it interesting, let’s head there first”(Soma)

They all started walking in the direction the hut Soma mentioned was and before long they arrived at the half-burned hut, and looking inside of it you can see that someone was looking inside the hut searching for something, but it seems all that happened some time ago and not recently, Soma walked to one of the burned corners of the hut and used Earth Magic to dig in the ground, and after removing 3m deep of dirt and stone, a hatch door was uncovered and so Soma extended his hand and opened the door only to find a cube hole with a book and quill on top of it.

“This is… a book? Does it has a title?”(Marina)

“It says ‘Observation of the shady side of the Love Church Vol 5’, it’s more of a diary than a normal book, at the start, it says ‘I noticed the connection the Love Church has with the Flood that plagues the town of Elk every year, and when I looked for evidence to support that, two kids arrived at the Love Church in the capital, it seems that they both are siblings, twins in fact. A guy and a girl, I didn’t get to hear their names but I knew that they had some connection to the Flood given their time of arrival, one month before the Flood starts, considering that no one actually arrives in this country from outside because of the Holy Knights surrounding it, and the twins did come to this country, and they went straight to the Love Church of all places, I found it suspicious, and so I followed them and sure enough they headed to the forest near the town of Elk, they headed inside a cave deep in the forest and there they took out a red orb and just placed it in front of the cave, soon enough a pillar of smoke started rising to the sky from the orb and monsters started spawning from that smoke one after the other, as soon as a monster spawn it will look at the siblings and would bow its head for some reason, that’s how I became certain of the Love Church’s connection to the Flood, and in the next page a map I drew to lead to the cave's location….”(Soma)

“…It turned out to be as we thought…”(Dolan)

“Those bastards!!...”(Ren)

“For now let’s follow the map and get rid of those ‘twins’ before they cause more trouble”(Soma)

“…Yeah!”(Ren)

They all followed the map and ran as fast as they could for almost one hour and found the cave mentioned in the dairy, but the cave was not visible to them because of all the monsters surrounding it, and this time there is no smoke pillar that spawned monsters, and from behind the monsters appeared a Two-Headed Salamander that had a boy and girl riding each head, the two were almost identical and both of them had red hair and red eyes.

“Ara Ara! It seems the annoying bad kids have arrived! Right, Ni-san?”(Girl)

“They sure are annoying! Ruining our one month’s work! Right, Nee-san?”(Boy)

“Oi! Who are you guys and what are you doing here?”(Ren)

“Ara Ara! Did this mongrel talk to me? What a disgusting thing to do! Right, Ni-san?”(Girl)

“They are mongrels after all! They would try to talk to us, a Chosen Ones, the messengers of God! But since they are going to die here, why don’t we tell them? Right, Nee-san?”(Boy)

“I see I see! Since they are going to die I can just tell them! Right, Ni-san?”(Girl)

“Do it Do it!”(Boy)

“We came here to use the Miasma Crystal and make a huge army of monsters and have them attack the town of mongrels Elk, we have been doing that for more than 20 years now! But this year you bad kids ruined everything! And that’s why we were about to use our especially Enhanced monsters to attack the town and have them kill every dirty living soul in that town! Right, Ni-san?”(Girl)

“Why? Why would you do that? We didn’t do anything to deserve that!”(Ren)

“But you did, Mongrel! Your stupid Lord refused to build a Church so the people could worship their true God, the Love Goddess! And he even refused to hand over the guy who started making and selling Healing Potions in a cheap price even! You guys have become so annoying to leave you alive, that’s why we were asked to kill everyone this time! But here you are all alive with everyone in the town, they were right that you guys are annoying! That’s why we are going to crush you from above! Right, Nee-san?”(Boy)

“That’s why… Kill all of them!!”(Girl)

At the girl’s words, the monsters all started to face Soma and the guys, those monsters were War Ogres, Giant Orcs, and Trolls, but they wore black armor and their weapons this time are made out of metal and a black aura was emitting out of them.

“You guys deal with them! I want to read from the book some more”(Soma)

“Now is not the time for that!”(Ren)

“Just use them to check how much stronger you have become after leveling up from killing the monsters of the Flood, in the meantime I’ll read some more from the book”(Soma)

“Hohoho! I see what you mean! You want us to figure out our new limits, right? I like the way you think!”(Dolan)

“Well, I don’t!!...”(Ren)

“Poor Ren-sama, he is being abandoned by his new friend, Boohoohoo…”(Mark)

“Don’t say that ma’am, he is going to hear you! Poor thing, he was so happy to have a new friend whom he can act normally around… and now he is being abandoned by that same friend…Boohoohoo”(Max)

“Shut your mouths you two!! And stop acting like that!!”(Ren)

“Ara ma’am, look at him! How cute, blushing like that! How about you give him a hug?”(Mark)

“Ara Ara! You are right! I want to hug him, but my husband will-!”(Max)

“I told you to stop it!!”(Ren)

“Hahaha! What a cute young man you are! Hahaha!”(Dolan)

“Soma-kun is mine! I’ll not hand him to you! Grrrr”(Marina)

“Shut up, you old man!! And you Marina, Please don’t take things that way!!”(Ren)

“Ren, Shut up! I’m trying to read over here! You are being noisy!”(Soma)

“You bastards…”(Ren)

“Ne Ne? Ni-san, why are these mongrels acting like this even though they are going to die?”(Girl)

“They must have gone mad”(Boy)

The monsters didn’t wait for the guys to finish joking around and started attacking them, a Giant Orc took hold of its iron club and swung it down at them only for it to melt from clashing with Marina’s blue flame clad right gauntlet and right after that Marina threw a straight punch at the Giant Orc using her black smoke clad left gauntlet causing an explosion to occur upon contact and for the Giant Orc’s body to scatter around.

Right then, Mark and Max moved together at a very fast speed and used their one-handed swords to cut apart all of the armor that a War Ogre was wearing, the War Ogre tried to attack the two but their movements were way too fast for War Ogre and it kept just hitting the air, and as the last piece of armor fell down, Mark and Max started attacking the War Ogre directly turning it into minced meat.

Dolan started swinging his huge hammer left and right killing monsters around him as if they were bugs, some of them died crushed in the ground and some of them were crushed in the trees or on top of each other.

Ren unsheathed his sword and started moving between the monsters and killing them one after the another, and at the same time he used fire magic to kill the monsters who didn’t die with one slash and those who were able to block his attacks, it didn’t take even 15 them to kill all of the monsters there.

“How can mongrels like you be this strong? That’s unfair! Right, Ni-san?”(Girl)

“How dare you kill our precious monsters? Those monsters were given to us by Love Goddess-sama! How dare you kill them!!”(Boy)

“Well, everything made by that dump bitch is nothing but useless trash after all”(Soma)

“How dare you?!! How dare you insult Goddess-sama?! I’ll have you die for that! Sa-chan, kill them! Even without those monsters, we can just have Sa-chan burn the whole town later on! But for now, kill those mongrels who dare to insult Goddess-sama!”(Girl)

“Kill them! Kill them! Kill them!”(Boy)

“…Haah… this is getting annoying”(Soma)

The twins jumped off the Two-Headed Salamander and it charged at Soma and the guys with its mouth open, but before it could do anything…

“{Obey}!”(Soma)

The Two-Headed Salamander stopped moving and bowed its head to Soma erasing all of the hostility it had just a moment ago.

“Wha?! …What are you doing? Sa-chan! Kill them! Why will not you obey my order?”(Girl)

“Because as of this moment, this Salamander is my slave”(Soma)

“Lie Lie Lie! That can’t happen! Sa-chan is a monster we tamed with the special skills we got from Love Goddess-sama! A mongrel like you can’t break our control over her!”(Boy)

“Want to test that out? Oi Salamander, kill those two over there!”(Soma)

“Scrooorrrrrrrrr”

The Two-Headed Salamander obeyed Soma’s order and started moving towards the twins while releasing a huge amount of hostility and bloodlust at them.

“Stop! Stop! Turn around! Turn aroun-!”(Girl)

“Stop! Obey my damn orders you dump lizard! Sto-!”(Boy)

“ “GHYYAAAAAAAA” ”

The Two-Headed Salamander breathed fire at the twins from both its heads burning them, they both screamed and wreathed but the fire coming out of the Two-Headed Salamander never stopped until the twins burned to death leaving not even ash behind.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
44