Chapter 55: Composite Magic And Arriving At Akud
1.7k 7 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



Soma and the group have been on the road to Akud for two days now and currently, they are on their last day of the trip, and right now an interesting topic is about to come up.

“…Soma, there is something I have been interested in since reading one of your books about magic, the Book’s title was Composite Magic First Volume, and from what I understood, it’s a technique used to fuse two types of magic together to create a bigger effect, for example, fusing Fire Blast and Fire Circle together to create a Flame Wall, a defensive spell that didn’t exist before in the Fire Magic System! So I went out and tried it, it took me multiple tries but I was able to pull it off! And that convinced me that, what’s written in those Books is nothing but the truth, but as was thinking more and more about Composite Magic an idea sprouted in my mind! Do you know what that idea was?”(Milin)

“What would happen if I fused two spells from different attributes? Right?”(Soma)

“I was sure you would understand me! So….. how about it? Is it possible?”(Milin)

“…Fusing two attributes together? That’s an interesting idea!”(Leona)

“Yes, you can fuse two attributes together to create a new attributes entirely”(Soma)

“I knew it! Then could you teach me how to do it?!”(Milin)

“Wait Wait Wait! Milin, calm down a little bit! Think about it! Didn’t the old geezers at the Academy try to do this same thing in the past? And it all ended in a huge failure! Injuring themselves and those around them! if Soma is able to come up with why they failed and how to fix it, only then should you try learning it!”(Leona)

“That’s a reasonable reaction! In this world, there are only seven natural attributes, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Light, and finally Dark. And since these attributes are natural in the world, people with an affinity to any of them can use magic from that attribute easily with the help of the General System, but when you try to create a new attribute, the General System will not help you since what you are doing is outside the natural order of the world, so you’ll need to control the whole process by yourself without any help, that’s the problem your guys faced when they tried to fuse two attributes together, they simply lost control over the whole process which led to their Mana running rampant hurting them and those around them”(Soma)

“Lost control? Control over what exactly?”(Leona)

“When fusing two attributes together, one has to take into account the affinity of those attributes with each other, for example, Water and Fire attributes will fight against each other if you try to fuse them directly. And other things you’ll have to control are the Mana Flow Rate, Amount, Density, Speed, Form, and Mixing Rate. Other than that, you need to have a clear image of the end result, for example, fusing Water and Earth attributes can result in many possible new attributes like Plant Attribute and Mud Attribute, that’s why to reach a new attribute you’ll need a clear goal in front of you to do it”(Soma)

“…Without trying it randomly, how can I know what are the possible attributes are?”(Leona)

“…Water and Fire will fight against each other if we try to fuse them together directly…. directly…. I see…”(Milin)

“You have an answer, Milin?”(Leona)

“…I think that you’ll need to learn that by looking at the end results of fusing the attributes together in the world around us”(Milin)

“What do you mean?”(Leona)

“It’s a well-known fact that Water and Fire magics cancel each other, right? But, water and fire are mixing together all the time around us! Take the end result of fire for example…”(Milin)

“…You mean heat?”(Leona)

“Exactly!! And that heat and water are mixing with each other all the time around us! The sun heating the ocean, rivers, and lakes! Cooking! Along with many other things. And the same could be said about other attributes as well! If you mix water with the earth you’ll get plants growing there, but if you used too much water it’ll turn into a pile of mud! That’s how it works, right?”(Milin)

“Yeah, but you’ll need to look more into what can be gotten from mixing those things together, for example, if you mix heat(Fire) with water but with a lot more heat(Fire) than water, you’ll cause all the water to turn into steam all at the same time causing a huge explosion that could annihilate the whole town if you are not careful”(Soma)

“…That’s right….. then, mind if I ask you another question?”(Milin)

“Feel free to ask, I don’t mind”(Soma)

“Thank you. About your sword…. Why do you have all those Magic Stones and Cores embedded in it?”(Milin)

“Are you familiar with Great Magic?”(Soma)

“Yes, it’s the highest tier magic spells can reach, it’s a magic that needs to be casted by more than 10 people over a long time, but its effect is strong enough that you can destroy a whole town with one spell if it was casted by strong enough mages”(Milin)

“Those Magic Stones and Cores embedded into my sword contain a Great Magic each, as a solution for the long cast time I made it so the whole spells are embedded into these Magic Stones and Cores leaving only the Mana, and for that, all I have to do is to fill the stones with some of my Mana from time to time till they are full for the time when I need to use it”(Soma)

“…Wait Wait Wait!! Doesn’t that mean you have many Great Magic spells on the ready for whenever you need to unleash them! what do you plan to do with all that power?!”(Leona)

“…Oh! Look we arrived!”(Soma)

“Oi! Don’t just ignore me like that! Milin! Help me and say something to this guy!”(Leona)

“….Inscribing spells into Magic Stones and Cores and have them on the ready to use at any time you want to skip the chants…… truly interesting…… I have some ideas already…”(Milin)

“Oi! Milin! Come back from the dream world and help me here!!”(Leona)

“…..I see I see…… if I think about it this way, and construct the Magic Circle like so……. The results are going to be great!....”(Milin)

“Oi! Miliiiinnnn!....”(Leona)



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
39