Chapter 78: First Quarter (Joined Class, Return)
1.5k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.


On the morning of the fifth day, Soma, Milin, And Dalis prompted the Students to collect their things and once that was done, Soma summoned the Two-Headed Salamander and attached him to the carriage they came in. And once the students got on the carriage with their things, the Two-Headed Salamander started moving towards Akud.

 

By the end of the trip, the students were divided into two groups, the Actual Combat students plus most of the Magic students who admired Soma as a teacher, and they admired Milin as well for changing her ways to be more aggressive than before. And that leaves Mira’s group who hate Soma and Milin from the bottom of their hearts, and are right now cooking up plans to get rid of them both. Mira is now planning on moving the part of the students body that follows her to remove Soma and all those who acted against her by putting pressure on the Academy using those students.

 

Once they arrived at the entrance of the town they were greeted by several mercenaries dispatched by the Mercenary Guild and right then they started unloading the carriage. During this trip, the Actual Combat students were able to hunt a lot of monsters with the help of many students from the Magic Class, and right now the carriage is loaded with a lot of materials and meat.

 

“Now, all the materials and meats we have here will be returned to the students who hunted them!! I have marked everything with the owner’s name, but I still want everyone here to come and make sure I got things right!”(Soma)

 

“..?!... I-Is that really alright? Giving us those materials I mean…”(Shiho)

 

“Of course! When hunting monsters, the materials and meat go to the ones who actually hunted them! That’s simply how the proper and honest mercenaries work, make sure to keep that in mind so as to not be tricked by some bad mercenaries in the future!”(Soma)

 

“What your teacher here said is true! There will always be scumbags wherever you go, so be careful!”(Mercenary 1)

 

“We are here to help you! For those who wish to sell their loot, we will help you carry it to the Mercenary Guild, and for those who wish to keep it we will help you take it home with you!”(Mercenary 2)

 

The students who hunted the monsters gleefully went to receive their loot and with the cooperation of Soma and their fellow students they were able to make sure everything went to their rightful owner. And in the middle of it all, there were students from Mira’s group who went and demanded some of the loot claiming to have hunted it even though they didn’t and only spent their time scheming with Mira. They were out to just stir trouble for Soma to deal with, but the after-mentioned Soma dealt with them by delivering a punch to each of their faces, breaking their noses and knocking them out.

 

On their way home, some of the students accompanied by the mercenaries carrying the loot were attacked by groups of thugs and hunters who were after the loot, seeing that, the students expected the mercenaries to protect them. But the mercenaries just stood there sending the attackers pitying glances, and the said attackers were all dealt with by Soma who appeared out of nowhere by breaking their limbs. On other parts of the town, the students who sold their loot and are carrying a lot of money back home with loose grins on their faces were attacked by members of the Queen Society, but they were stopped by Soma as well who keeps appearing out of nowhere. Soma would beat the crap out of them before handing them to the guards, and that led to them being expelled from the Academy and treated as criminals for having the scars-causing small blades with them and for trying to use them on their fellow students.

 

“Soma-kun!! Welcome home!”(Marina)

 

“…I’m back”(Soma)

 

After finally dealing with all of that, Soma finally went back to his dorm room only to receive Marina’s hug welcoming him back.

====================================================================================

 Northeast of the North Cardinal Kingdom, there can be seen the 2m tall man dismantling the Holy Knights stationed there and from a distance, a group of armed kids can be seen running his way, the Heroes.

 

“The man called Genbu or whatever! I’m here to slaughter you!!”(Hayato)

 

The Hero Hayato was the first to attack using his sword. The sword is completely made out of a crystal-like material, golden hilt, silver guard, and a crimson blade and all of it was transparent. Hayato jumped up and aimed at Genbu’s head, but Genbu simply blocked Hayato’s slash with the huge axe on his right hand and then took a step forwards while flicking his wrist upwards sending Hayato to the sky. Hayato was able to readjust himself in the air and landed safely on the ground, but as he touched the ground Genbu appeared in front of him striking Hayato on the stomach with the butt of the axe’s handle causing Hayato to throw up all of his stomach contents, and there the figure of Hayato laying face down on his puke could be seen.

 

“Weak! Weak!! And you call this thing your Hero?! You guys have been basking in victory for so long you forgot what it means to be strong! Don’t you agree? Daughter of Ladorus!”(Genbu)

 

“Not yet!! Hayato-sama is not our only hero!”(Sacre)

 

From the side came running Dai, who has the most muscle in the group swinging his greatsword at Genbu’s torso, but Genbu used the butt of his axe’s handle to parry the slash knocking Dai off balance and then landing face-first on Genbu's front kick sending him flying while losing some of his teeth. Suddenly from behind him, Genbu felt a surge in Mana and when he looked back he saw two girls, Yui and Yue, casting their Magic, and he kindly waited for them to finish. Once they were done with that they both screamed the names of their spells.

 

{Flame Storm}!!”(Yui)

 

{Lightning Storm}!!”(Yue)

 

Seeing the two storms combine and coming towards him as a cyclone of fire and lightning, Genbu moved his head from one side to the other in disappointment and then struck the ground with his right axe. Then suddenly a red spike made out of stone and the outside was coated with water appeared from the ground in the middle of the cyclone’s eye. The spike was taller and slightly wider than the cyclone and it appearing like that caused the cyclone of fire and lightning to tear apart.

 

“Interesting…. The spike was made of a stone that has high iron content, and it was coated in water all to disperse the electric charge. And all of the water turning into steam at once because of the extreme heat bushed all the air away suffocating the flames, and making the spike taller and wider than the cyclone was to stop the momentum the spell carried by tearing the whole thing up…”(Yume)

 

“Yeah, we only came here to observe, but I never expected to see this familiar way of fighting here…”(Aiko)

 

“Yeah…”(Yume)

 

“What are you two doing analyzing what he did now?! Go and bring him down!! You are Heroes as well, right?!”(Sacre)

 

“We refuse! We did say that we will come with you, but we never agreed to fight”(Yume)

 

“…Such a thing”(Sacre)

 

“Did you forget your Goddess’s words? If anyone were to stand in our way we are free to kill them. Are you sure you want that right now?”(Aiko)

 

“…B-But that w-was….(that was just to buy time for the brainwash to take effect… those two were the only ones who needed brainwashing, but why didn’t it take any effect on them yet?!)…. At least help us escape!”(Sacre)

 

“Once again, we refuse! You were the ones stupid enough to fight an enemy you know nothing about believing you’ll win no matter what. So deal with it by yourselves”(Aiko)

 

“…I see… so all the way till the end you are still the cowards you always were. You are free to get away! I have no time to waste on shitty brats!”(Genbu)

 

Right then, the sisters Yui and Yue came running towards the knocked out Hayato and Dai while looking at Aiko and Yume with eyes full of hatred, and started chanting a long spell and once it was finished they all teleported away to the nearest town to them intently leaving Aiko and Yume behind. And in that town, they started treating the two injured guys as fast as possible.

 

“…Even their teleportation is slow…”(Genbu)

 

“Your name is Genbu, right?”(Aiko)

 

“Yeah”(Genbu)

 

“We heard about your story”(Aiko)

 

“I see”(Genbu)

 

“The way you fought right now was familiar to us, did you fight like this in the past as well?”(Yume)

 

“Hahahahaha! Don’t worry he is alive! And I did indeed learn this from him!”(Genbu)

 

“ “I knew it!” ”(Aiko & Yume)

 

“Hahahahahahahaha!”(Genbu)

 

“….And judging from your timing, you are fighting here is a distraction, right?”(Yume)

 

“…Hoh!”(Genbu)

 

“You didn’t enter the North Cardinal Kingdom, and only kept fighting the Holy Knights at the borders, and just now you let the Heroes go, and more than anything you knew “him””(Aiko)

 

“And judging by the timing of your appearance, He is in the Kingdom of Valc right now, right?”(Yume)

 

“Timing of my appearance?”(Genbu)

 

“Yeah, right when the king of Vitos started being concerned about the Kingdom of Valc you appeared and caused problems along with that other one”(Aiko)

 

“What scary girls you two are! Hahahahaha!!”(Genbu)

 

“ “We learned from him after all” ”(Aiko & Yume)

 

After their exchange with Genbu, both Aiko and Yume disappeared instantly returning to Vitos. And there once the other Heroes returned, they were surprised to find that the two arrived days before they did, and on the same day they left them behind.


 

25