Chapter 90: First Quarter (One Week Vacation, Rimi)
1.2k 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

1-Leroy.

2-chanh pham.

3-Edward.

4-David Zimmerle.

5-Vitrumist.

6-Rachel Rodels.

7-Needmoarlitrpg.

8-Vochel.

9-Muhd Izrul.

10-Antab.

11-Michael Gaus.

12-Ritsuka Morgan.

13-Addanc.

14-William Drennan.

15-Josh turner.

 

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.

Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.


Seeing the Five books float above their heads made the people very fascinated, and they were enchanted by the divine glow of the books. Dolan was the first to come back to reality, understanding the situation, he took out white bricks from his ring, and then he somehow fused them into five big blocks, and then he very quickly molded them into five fancy pedestals. Right after that, the five floating books came down, and each one of them landed on one of the pedestals opened to their first page.

 

The people who were following the five books with their gazes peered to see what could possibly be written on the books only to find that they all were empty. That made everyone very confused to leave alone for one particular family. That family is actually a group of spies sent by the Love Church in the capital to find out the identity of the Head of Alchemy Department in Elk, the man known as the Hero Of Elk. They did their best trying to get the information they needed but to no avail thanks to Soma and Lord Alf. Soma and Lord Alf expected spies to be sent from the capital, and so they informed everyone in Elk beforehand of that, and they asked the people to cooperate with them. Of course, the people agreed to cooperate, but they didn’t know how to tell spies apart, and so Soma taught them an easy way to tell spies apart. He simply told them “The spies’ target will be information about me, how do I look like? Where do I live? Exactly how strong am I? How many guards do I have? What are the places I go to regularly? In other words, they will be looking for information about me personally and what can I do, and not about what I did. People who are just curious about me might ask about who I was, and they will be satisfied if you answered them with “He is the one who built the library! Or he is the one who made the potions! Or he is the one who killed most of the monsters!” those answers will satisfy normal folks, and they might ask about what other things I “Did”. But spies have no need for such information. Those answers will not be enough for them, they will further ask about how do I look like? Where do I live? And so on. They are after information about me personally rather than what did I do for this town” after that he told them a description as if it was out of some novel, and asked them to give that description to anyone they think is a spy.

 

That plan went perfectly and the spies were at their wit's end trying to confirm the absurd description they got. But tonight all of that end. The man they were targeting will finally appear in public in a feast held by the Lord. And when he finally appeared…. All of them were stunned. The white-haired man in front of them everyone was calling as the Hero Of Elk was someone they knew from one month ago. He was a regular customer of their stalls before he got a job offer in the town of Akud one month ago. They couldn’t believe what was happening in front of them, and soon enough, their target started talking with higher-ups of the town about the Systems of the sealed gods. And after that five books appeared from the target’s lift arm and those books were clearly emitting divinity. They who have come in contact with the Love Goddess’s divinity numerous times in the past could tell right away that those books are saturated with divinity, moreover, the divinity in the books was far stronger than the divinity the Love Goddess herself possesses. And seeing the empty pages of the books they received a feeling from the books similar to the feeling they got from the orb the Love Goddess uses to grant the Pink System.

 

Rimi who seeing everything happening with confusion taking over her mind was approached by Marina who was sitting on the other side of Soma. Marina looked at Rimi in the eye and told her everything about the situation of the world, about the Gods, about the Love Goddess, about the Heroes, about Soma, and finally about what had happened in the town of Elk after she left it.

 

“…And here is one more book!”(Soma)

 

As he said that, Soma summoned another ball of light and that ball morphed into a black book that landed on Soma’s left hand. Everyone shifted their attention to the new book Soma held in his hand.

 

“This book is for the Black System of the God Of(Death, Knowledge, Judgment)! You all must have learned about the systems and about how each of them represents a job from the books in the library! But there was no information about this one, till now that is! The Black System is for rulers and teachers! This System is for those who are to pass judgment and knowledge! And at the same time, this System can be merged with other Systems! For example, let’s say a teacher is teaching the subject of commerce, this teacher can use the Black System and the Yellow System at the same time! As you can see, those books are empty as of right now, but the names of the users on each system will appear on the empty pages! And you can gain the System you want by just touching the books and wishing for them to grant you the system!”(Soma)

 

Hearing that, the people lined up and started changing their systems from the General System to the Five Systems. Getting the new systems and going on with the feast took the people the whole night and by sunrise, many of the people could be seen sleeping here and there on the ground. Soma returned to his mansion with his group, and Dolan went to the Craftsmen Guild with all of its members all eager to test what they could do with their new systems, and Lord Alf along with his son Ito and the three noble families of Elk decided to stay and keep an eye on the sleeping people till they wake up.

 

Rimi and Marina were strangely sitting in the same room, Marina’s room in fact. None of them was tired, and they were both drinking a tea Marina made.

 

“…So, what do you think?”(Marina)

 

“About Soma-san you mean?”(Rimi)

 

“Yes”(Marina)

 

“Nothing changed”(Rimi)

 

“What do you mean?”(Marina)

 

“Soma-san is Soma-san! No matter what he is, he will always remain as Soma-san to me! If there is anything that changed then that will be me feeling relieved”(Rimi)

 

“Relieved? Why?”(Marina)

 

“Until yesterday, I thought that Soma-san was a very strong mercenary, possibly even the strongest! And the stronger the mercenary is the stronger the monsters they target are, and that made me feel scared of one day waking up to the news of him dying to some extremely dangerous monster! I have seen many people die that way, and I have seen how their family members reacted to that news. That’s why I was afraid that one day I might be in the same situation. But thanks to you telling me everything, now I feel relieved to know that no matter what happens Soma-san will never die!”(Rimi)

 

“I see…. Then we must team up!”(Marina)

 

“Team up?”(Rimi)

 

“Yes! But first I need to tell you about those two….”(Marina)

 

Outside the town, on the road from Elk to the capital, a group of five people is running at a great speed towards the capital. Their expressions are almost panicked. Those five are the certain family of spies sent from the Love Church to Elk. They were finally able to uncover critical information, but if said information was handled foolishly it could lead to the ruin of Vitos and the Four Cardinal Kingdoms along with all the work they spent 10 thousand years on. And that’s why they were delivering the information themselves and are not using the remote communication means they were provided with.

 

As they ran towards the capital, a familiar figure of a white-haired man entered their vision as he walked towards them from the direction of the capital while reading the book in his left hand. “…This is the worst” one of the spies murmured as he took out a dagger filled to the brim with the divinity of the Love Goddess. Seeing that, the other spies did the same, and all of them prepared themselves to slash at Soma the moment they passed each other. Since the daggers were filled with the divinity of the Love Goddess, whatever is slashed with them should disintegrate without leaving anything behind, and that’s what they expected to happen to Soma. As they passed by Soma, all five of them slashed at him with the daggers….. and then they just passed by him and kept running towards the capital and Soma kept walking towards Elk.

 

“…*Sigh* now I’ll have to deal with Rimi as well…. When I finally reunite with those two my life will turn into chaos”(Soma)

 

Soma said to himself without even looking at the five people who lost their heads and are burning inside bluish-white flames still holding the half disintegrated daggers in their hands behind him.

 

20