Chapter Two: The End of the Beginning
268 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex wakes up to Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ every weekday morning, as his phone is blasting this song his mum shouts.“Turn down the music, before your dad awakens.” Alex rolls his eyes as he slowly gets out of bed. Thinking to himself, that he does not want to wake his dad he turns to his phone and hits cancel on his alarm. The room goes dead silent after he switches off his alarm. He then grabs his school uniform and chucks it on. Goes to his bathroom to comb his hair, brush his teeth and sprays each of his armpits with Lynx deodorant, picks up his school bag off of his bedroom floor and goes down stairs where he poorly greets his mother who is in the kitchen making breakfast. But he has not got time to sit down and eat nor does he have time for a good old family yarn. Opens the front door and begins his lonely peaceful walk to school.

While Alex walks, he thinks to himself:

“Ah another day. another walk. Oh how I wish I could afford a car instead of walking everyday although it’s nice it can be a bit much but hey at least it's better than dad driving me, uh jeez he won’t ever understand me like seriously I like my long hair and i cannot be pretty. So dark clothes are best, black nail polish is the only colour I can get away with so you know. Uh fuck, damn why am I stuck like this?”  Just then a Mitsubishi Lancer speeds past Alex, he only catches a glimpse of who was in it before it was gone. He thinks to himself.“Wow that’s a nice car, I wonder who was in it. Not that they would want to talk to a freak like me who is always late, I’m just some creep who sits in the back of the class. Besides I don’t even know if I like guys or girls yet, I've always had dreams of girls... we ll one girl really but it's more from her point of view not about her.”  As Alex approaches the school gates, the bell rings. “Uh, shit that’s the bell fucksake Alexander you have done it again.” Before he left home Alex tried convincing himself to walk faster and you might just make it. Alex races into the class before realising that someone… a girl was occupying your seat. Your heart literally beating out of your chest as you look up and down this girl before meeting with her gorgeous hazel eyes which stare back at me, a million thoughts running through my mind “fuck me, who is she? What’s she doing in my seat? She is so hot. Do I confront her about being in my seat or do I just let it be?” I decide to confront her about being in my seat. “Ahem, excuse me. Excuse me, miss.” She obviously doesn’t notice him because she did not reply back. As Alex sees her slowly coming back he goes to speak but is cut off...“Can I help you Mr.?” says the gorgeous girl who Alex still don't know their name I look at her and reply “I think you are in my seat, miss.” I notice her cheeks go a bright pinkish red like a rose while she is staring blankly into my eyes. She must have noticed it was my seat by now. I cannot believe it when she says “No really, you must have confused your seat with mine as this is my seat I’m sure of it.” I smile cheekily as I reply “If that were true, miss. Then my books would not be in that desk tray.?”

She checks the tray and indeed my books are in it, she looks embarrassed as she stumbles past muttering something. I sit behind my desk waiting for the teacher. The teacher then walks in while beginning to explain the class task to everyone before even turning around but when they do a look of surprise to what they find…….. THE CLASS IS SNORING SOUND ASLEEP. Mr. Ball attempts to wake everyone up but passes out themselves while mumbling “What-th…”

3