Devils
733 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A crimson red drips onto the floors I look at the man before me. A golden spear of light impales him as he looks down at me. His hand shooting forward, grabbing my forehead before everything goes dark. Suddenly Zato's eyes shoot open as my fist flies forward going straight through his punching bag.

"Damnit not again." Zato curses himself as he takes his hand out of the punching bag and watches as the contents fall onto the floor.

"I'll deal with this later. I still need to shower before school." Zato tells himself as he walks toward his shower. Going in he takes off his cloth before turning the water on and waits a moment for it to warm up. Stepping in he can feel the warm water run down my skin.

This boy's name is Zato Cero, he's 17 years old, he lives away from my adopted mother, father, and sister, and he is a second-year at Kouh Academy. His interest includes cloud gazing, reading, lessening to music, and fighting. He has an intimidating look, He enjoys a good smoke when things get on his very last nerve, and he has a decent temper, give or take. He's doing decent in school, he has a good relationship with his family, he has a few friends but they all live out of town, and he's currently single.

As Zato turns off the water he walks out of his shower while grabbing a towel and beginning to dry his hair. Picking up his from the sink Zato flips it open to check the time only to see that he has a text from his mother.

Mom: Why the hell weren't you in school yesterday?

Zato: Don't worry about it.

Mom: You can't just skip school. That's not how it works!

Zato: I can miss one day, plus it's not like I'm dropping out.

Sis/Zen: Please stop texting in the group chat

Dad: New phone, who dis?

During the texting Zato had gotten dressed in his uniform, after putting his phone in his pocket Zato embarks on his journey to survive another day of school. 

Walking through the gate of Kouh Academy he notices the gazes from the other students. Moving out of his way Zato sighs as he just keeps moving forward to his class. Sitting down at his desk he rests his head in his hand as the teacher walks and gives Zato a stern look.

"Ah, Mr. Cero, welcome back?" The teacher, Mr. Wheeler says as he looks at Zato with a bored expression before returning his gaze to the board

Mr. Wheeler instructs his students to open their books to page 37. Zato does as the teacher says since there is a test coming up that he has to do decent on. The class seemingly dragged on as Zato tries his best to pay attention but once the bell rings to signify that it's lunchtime Zato feels as if he's just been released from prison as he darts out of the room and into the hallway. Zato attempts to make his way up to the roof to relax since the roof has essentially become his territory. However, the blonde hair prince of Kouh, Kiba Yuuto gets in his way.

"Hello there, you're Zato Cero correct?" Kiba asks as Zato raises an eyebrow. Why would the prince of Kouh want anything to do with him.

"Yeah, the hell do you want?" Zato asks as a small crowd gathers

"Oh, shit! The Demon of Kouh vs The Prince of Kouh!" One male student shouts

"I'm putting all my money on Zato!" Shouts another male student

"Same here!" Shouts another male student with a fist full of cash

"No matter who wins Kiba's face ain't gonna be so pretty anymore!" Shouts a male student with glasses

"No! Kiba! Don't fight that demon. It's not worth it!" Shouts a female student, almost crying.

"Kiba might be able to take him." One female student nonchalantly says

"You don't have to worry. I'm not here to fight, I dought I'd be able to win anyway." Kiba says with a smile. "I'm simply a messenger. The president of my club would like to speak with, shouldn't take more than a few minutes." Kiba explains

"Lead the way," Zato says as he puts his hands in his pockets and follows the blonde hair prince out of the school and toward the small words that rest behind the school. In all honestly, he doesn't care about what Kiba's club leader has to say he just wanted to get out of that crowd. Inside that small patch of woods is an old building that looks like it was plucked straight out of a horror movie like Friday the 14th or Dead Evil.

Looking at the old building Zato looks changes to a confused one since it surprises him that this building hasn't been condemned due to the state of the outside but what does he know maybe the inside is much better. However, the outside alone set off a few red flags.

Kiba begins walking up the stairs before noticing Zato isn't following. "Our president is right this way," Kiba explains while motioning for Zato to follow

"Kiba just know this. You or your president try anything, your head going up their ass, then their head going through a wall or up the ass of any other buddies you got in there," Zato says while pointing to the building before them.

"I assure you, no funny business," Kiba assures as Zato sighs and walks up the stairs and follows Kiba inside. To Zatos surprise the inside in furnished and looks much better than his crappy one-bedroom apartment, he even saw a room with a fully functional shower.

"So is this what school funding is going towards?" Zato asks himself as he notices a girl with crimson red hair sitting behind a desk. To her right is a girl with a long black ponytail, then sitting on the couch eating a chocolate bar is a short girl with grey hair and a cat barrette in her hair.

"Hello there Mr. Cero. I'm Rias Gremory president of the Occult Research Club. The girl to my right is Akeno Himejima the vice president of the Occult Research Club. You've already met Kiba but the girl on the couch is Koneko Toujou, they're both members of this club." Rias explains as Zato looks around.

"Look lets just cut right to the chase. The hell do you want?" Zato asks 

"I'll explain everything in a moment but I need you to answer this question. Do you believe in the supernatural?" Rias asks

"Oh, I see where this is going. Is this about those two black-winged people that attacked me yesterday?" Zato asks as Rias only nods. "Well yeah. I've known about this black-winged fucks for a while now, ever since I was a kid." Zato explains as he glares at the redhead before him. "Are you one of them?" Zato says his voice now going from none caring to a voice with a hint of anger in it.

"No, no. The ones who attacked you are fallen angels, one of the many races not knowable by the average human. You see we aren't fallen angels. We're devils." Rias says as her along with everyone else in the room reveals a pair of devil wings erupt from their back.

13