How I Stack Up
628 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Asia! It's me, Zato!" Zato shouts as he knocks on the door. "Look you dropped your purse and I'm here to return it!" Zato continues before stepping away from the door in order to give someone a chance to answer

After a minute of no one coming to answer the door, Zato only sighs. "I guess no one's home, I'll try again tomorrow. Just leaving in front of the door is like telling some passerby to steal it." Zato says as he turns around, ready to walk away. However, the door behind him opens with a noticeable creek. Turning around Zato sees the door ajar and walks toward it. Putting his hand on the door nod. It's ice-cold but Zato doesn't think much into it and walks into the church. "Asia, if you're here I'm just gonna put your purse down where ever and lea..." Zato stops speaking as he notices something in the center of what could only be the living room/main room.

Laying in the center of the room is a bloody, twisted, and mangled body of presumably a male. his arm reaching up as if he was begging for mercy from something. "The fuck?" Zato states as he pockets Asia's purse before his eyes widen and he quickly jumps forward and dodges a surprise slash from a sword. Quickly turning around Zato dodges another slash before throwing his right hook toward whoever is attacking him. His fist hits the bunt side of the sword causing both him and his attacker to be pushed away from one another. Now able to get a much better look at his attack Zato sees he has gray shoulder-length hair and dark red eyes. A wicked and deranged smile decorates his face and his attire looks like that of a modern-day war priest.

"HAHAHAHAHA! I'm impressed. To think  you'd not only be able to sense me but counter my attack." The crazy priest laughs

"Who the hell are you?" Zato asks as he glares at his attempted killer

"The names Freed Sellzen, your friendly neighborhood pastor. Would you like to confess your sins?" The priest asks with a snicker

"Fuck that, why don't you confess your own sins to your bullshit god," Zato says as he points over his shoulder to the dead body in the room.

"Oh, do you mean that devil over there? God doesn't mind, it's a holy mission to kill those freaks of nature." Freed replies while shrugging his shoulder nonchalantly. "You should have heard him beg. Please don't kill me, I haven't done anything, I have a family. It's so funny. A devil thinking he's done nothing wrong? Their mere existence is a crime!" Freed shouts his tone growing angrier and angrier with every word he utters.

However, Zato didn't lessen to all of them. He stopped lessening after Freed spoke of the devil begging for his life, so he could see his family again. "So you killed him with no remorse? You didn't even think of the ones that will miss him?" Zato questions

"Those who would miss that piece of filth are sinners themselves. Actually, after I deal with you I'll give that devil's family a personal visit and tell them the good new-" Freed doesn't get to finish since he notices Zato is in front of him with his fist reeled back and an aura of murderous intent surrounding his body.

"I didn't even see him move," Freed says surprised as he bearly blocks Zato's punch with his sword. The force behind Zato's punch sends Freed flying into the wall behind him. "Wow you're pretty strong, you may even be stronger than some low-class devils." Freed laughs

"Shut up," Zato says in a tone void of any emotions. Freed locks eyes with Zato as he continues to speak. "I don't know how I stack up to devils, fallen angel, or whatever other races are out there. Hell, I don't even know if I can stack up to them. Despite all that, I do know one thing." Zato makes a fist before pointing it in Freed's direction. "As long as I'm fighting against another human especially one as shitty as you, I'll never lose!" Zato shouts

Freed is silent for a moment before bursting into hysterical laughter. "Never lose? Especially to a human-like me, oh that is ri-" Freed is cut off a second time as Zato is now in front of him again, ready to punch his lights out. "Let me finish my sentence!" As he ducks under the punch that cracks the wall that was once behind Freed. Jumping forward Freed slashes the right side of Zato's body but once he turns around to attack again he sees that Zato is already in his face.

"From all my years of rigorous training and fighting, I've learned two things. One, never let your guard down." As Zato sends his fist flying forward Freed dodges to the left and Zato's head follows. Zato fist, however, goes through the wall "And two." As Zato says this he forces his fist through the wall to follow Freed by going through the wall itself. "Is to always punish your opponent for letting their guard down!" Zato screams as his fist emerges from the wall and grabs Freed by the face. Then in one swift motion, Zato slams Freed into the ground causing it to shake and sends anything not bolted to the ground two inches into the air.

Freed stays motionless for a moment before he himself makes his own swift movement. He points his gun at Zato. The gun itself is only an inch away from the boy's face and then he pulls the trigger. The bullet leaves the chamber so does a thick cloud of smoke and a scream fills the room. In the doorway leading to another portion of the church is Asia, who has just witnessed Freed pulling the trigger.

"F-father Freed did you just?" Asia asks in fear as Freed shouts at her

"Shut up you filthy witch and get this brat off me! Even in death, he has a tight grip!" Freed shouts as he suddenly feels the grip on his face tighten. Then he feels himself being swung through the air before being released and crashing into a wall.

Bouncing off the wall Freed sees Zato already in the air. Zato knees Freed in the stomach forcing the priest against the wall and also forcing the lunatic to couch up blood. "H-how?" As Freed asks he looks up at Zato's face and sees something that makes his eyes widen.

Zato had caught the bullet between his teeth. "Impossible, my gun was less than an inch away from his face, there's no way he caught it between his teeth," Freed says in a panicked tone inside his mind

Zato spits out the bullet before he looks Freed in the eyes before speaking"Spacing out? Let me bring you back to reality." Zato growls as he punches Freed square across the face. Causing drops of blood the splatter on the floor and wall. Then striking Freed with his left-hand causes the priest's head to directly face Zato. Then he grabs both sides of Freed's head and knees him with all the force he has in Freed's face. The crack of the bones inside Freeds noise breaking echoes through the house as Zato lets go and readies himself to keep hitting Freed until that light in his eyes goes out. Permanently.

Zato throws his fist forward but it stops. Zato glares at his arm to see Asia holding onto it. "Zato, please stop you'll kill him!" Asia shouts as tears begin to form in her eyes.

"So?" Zato questions his voice still full of rage.

"You told me that it takes the best kind of person to heal the sinners but I think it takes an even better person to not kill even the worst of sinners. I know you're that better person!" Asia cries

"You don't understand me, Asia," Zato replies as the nun's eyes grow wide. "I'm the man who knows when to put the sinners down," Zato growls as his gaze returns to Freed only to see the prest had somehow kept a grip on his gun and is now pointing it at Asia.

"Move!" Zato shouts as he quickly tackles Asia out of the way just as Freed pulls the trigger. As Zato moves Asia he sees Freed make a break for it toward the corridor where Asia had come from. "Bastard you won't get away!" Zato shouts as he gives chase leaving Asia in the room by herself.

While chasing Freed the priest throws a blade that was hanging on the wall at Zato but the Zato swats the blade out of the air and causes it to get stuck in the floor. However, this slight delay gave Freed enough time to quickly get inside a room on his left. Zato isn't that far behind though and effortlessly breaks the door down. However, he doesn't see Freed inside the room.

"His presence is... to my right." Zato quickly thinks as he kicks to his right only to shatter a mirror hung up on the wall. At first, Zato though he might have sensed Asia in the other room he quickly sees this mirror is actually hiding a secret passageway to who knows where. "Going in after him would be suicide. He has the element of surprise down there not to mention there may be traps set up." Zato says as he walks out of the room. "He'll show up again, guys like him always do, but next time there won't be a nun to stop me," Zato tells himself as he walks back into the room to see Asia praying in front of the dead body.

"Oh merciful God, I know this being my have strayed from your holy light, but please let him find peach in the afterlife and may he return to this plan of existence one day with a much better life then what he once lived," Asia says as she turns around to face Zato. "I had no idea father Freed would have done this, I-I'm so disgusted. I was supposed to reform here, to be excepted by the church again, what am I going to do now?" Asia asks herself as tears begin to leak from her eyes.

As she begins to panic Zato puts a hand on her shoulder. "You have family or friends in this town, anywhere you can stay?" Zato asks as the tears run down Asia's face. She shakes her head no and Zato sighs as he stands up. "Ok then, you can stay with me for now. Come on, let go." Zato says as Asia could only look at him in disbelief. She wipes the tears from her eyes which doesn't do much since new ones take the place of the old ones rather quickly. However, she runs to Zato's side and wraps one of her arms around him. Not in a romatic way, more like the way a child would hug their parents if they had been scared or frightened and clung to them for safety. Zato doesn't push her away instead he lets her cry into his arm as he takes her away from this church and somewhere she may consider safe.

16