Lunch
751 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asia wakes up, engulfed by the warmth of a large fluffy blanket, the mattress below her is soft. It almost seems to be sucking her in. Looking around Asia notices she isn't in the church anymore and begins to panic, that is until she remembers the events that transpired the night before. Father Freed had murdered a devil before attempting to kill Zato and her as well. Asia didn't know what to think right now. She was supposed to lose the title of witch by coming here and following Father Freed's orders, but last night's events showed her that wasn't going to happen. Asia would have thought about the events more but a mesmerizing scent fills her nose.

Looking toward the door to the bedroom Asia slowly exits her bed before opening the door. Once open the young nun sees what she can only assume to be Zato's house. It's not that bad of a house considering that Zato assumably lives alone and with has no financial aid from any. Ignoring the decor of the house Asia follows the smell to the kitchen, only to see Zato cooking, however, something about him makes Asia blush and look toward the floor. While cooking Zato is completely shirtless.

Zato felt the new presence in the room and glances behind himself to see Asia. "Good morning, how'd you sleep?" Zato asks while turning around only to reveal his tone six-pack and multiple scars scattered all across his body to the already embarrassed nun. Asia got a small glimpse before looking back toward the floor.

"I-it w-was n-n-nice," Asia says with a stutter. Noticing this Zato looks down and sees his shirtless body.

"Really? Me being shirtless bothers you that much?" Zato questions while crossing his arms. Asia can only silently nod her head yes in response to the question.

Zato sighs as he brings his arms to his side. "Fine, I'll go put something on, just sit down I made breakfast," Zato tells Asia while walking away to find a shirt to put on.

Sitting Asia looks around at the house some more and notices a few photos of a much younger Zato around three other people, a woman with messy grey hair and hazel eyes, a man with a dark blue ponytail and crimson red eyes, and a girl who looked to be the age as the Zato in the photo, this girl has white hair and red eyes. As Asia stares at the photo Zato walks back into the room with a plain white shirt on. Then without Asia picking up on the fact she wasn't alone anymore, Zato places her breakfast in front of here. A stack of pancakes topped with syrup.

Asia looks at the food before her in surprise. "Y-you made this?" Asia questions

"Yeah, my sister says it's the only good trait I still have." Zato sighs as he takes a seat in front of Asia. As the nun looks in front of the boy she notices that there's no food for him.

"W-what are you gonna eat?" Asia asks as Zato glances up at her while leaning back in his seat.

"Don't worry about me, I'm almost never hungry this early in the morning," Zato explains. As he says this he notices Asia staring blankly at her food and not even eating any of it. "You gonna wait for it to grow legs and jump in your mouth all by itself?" Zato asks as Asia snaps out of her trance.

"Sorry." Asia quickly says as she picks up her knife and fork and begins to cut into her pancakes. Picking it up with her fork Asia puts it in her mouth and chews. After swallowing it tears run down her face. Looking up at her Zato sees the waterworks.

"Are you crying?" Zato asks

"Y-yes." Asia replies

"Why?" Zato asks slowly

"It's just, so good," Asia says as she continues to cry. Zato could tell that there's more to her tears than just the taste. Getting up from his Seat Zato walks to Asia's side and embraces her in a comforting hug, one that his adopted mother once embraced him in.

"I can tell there's more to those tears than the taste of the food. Bottling up your emotions is never a good thing. You may not want to talk now, or tomorrow, or even the day after that, but just know that the moment you decide to tell me what's wrong I'll be here to listen." Zato tells Asia as the nun returns the hug. As this hug goes on Zato glances up at the clock and notices the time. "Shit! I'm gonna be late! Sona enough of a pain in my ass as it is. Best to not give her any more ammunition to use against me!" Zato shouts as he releases Asia from the hug and makes a dart for his room.

In a matter of seconds, Zato exits his room now dressed in his school uniform. "Ok, Asia I'll be back later. The house is yours until then, but just know if you decide to leave I don't have an extra key so you won't be able to lock the doors." Zato explains as he runs out the door leaving Asia to her own devices.

Darting down the street the wind blows past Zato's face as he makes a sharp turn to continue his run to school. After running for about a minute Zato reaches school just as the other students begin to arrive. Some of the students stare since those few had seen Zato running and they now see he isn't even winded from that mad sprint. Noticing the gazes Zato looks at them. "The fuck are all of you staring at?" Zato asks as the students quickly avert their gazes and continue to walk.

Walking forward Zato glances up to see Rias looking at him from a second-floor window. "Ok, that's creepy," Zato says to himself as he walks into the school and begins his day at the hellscape he's forced to attend.

The day goes by like any other. Zato just lessens to the teacher and tries to retain the information. Then halfway through his third class, the loudspeakers came on. "Could Zato Cero please report to the Student Council office, I repeat could Zato Cero please report to the Student Council office."

As Zato stands the class begins to whisper.

(Random boy 1) Do you think he's finally being expelled?

(Random boy 2) I hope so, this school would be so much better without that demon here.

(Random girl 1) I'm kinda conflicted. I mean he's hot and not a perv but he's just so scary.

(Random girl 2) I say good riddance he's terrifying. I have a cold sweat just being in the same room as him.

"Excuse me, class, I think I heard the loudspeaker call Mr. Cero to the office, not give you all a free pass to talk!" The teacher named Mr. Wheeler shouts as Zato leaves the room.

It didn't take long for Zato to arrive at the Student Council office, opening the door he sees Sona, the vice president of the Student Council Tsubaki Shinra, and the newest member of the Student Council  Genshirou Saji. However, the face he didn't expect to see was Asia's. "Asia, what are you doing here?" Zato asks

"She came here a few minutes ago, said she wanted to see you in order to give you something," Sona explains

"H-hi Zato, I don't mean to trouble you, I just noticed you didn't eat anything for breakfast and I didn't see you grab anything for lunch. So I wanted to bring you this." Asia says while handing over a bento box. "It's nothing special just a little something I could make with anything I could find in your fridge," Asia explains as Zato takes the bento box. 

"Weird, I don't remember owning a bento box," Zato tells himself as he looks at the box and suddenly it hit him. "Wait, this is my sister's bento box. Nox I remember she visited about a year ago, she must have forgot it." Zato says in his mind "Thanks, Asia." Zato says as he notices Sona giving Asia a strange look.

"Yo Sona, there something wrong with your face?" Zato asks as Asia looks behind her to see Sona, but the Student Council president had returned her face to a normal expression

"Hey, you can't talk to Sona like that!" Saji shouts as he glares at Zato

"Oh, would you shut please the fuck up," Zato says annoyed as he rubs the back of his neck. "Seriously you just joined the student council not that long ago you kiss Sona's ass more than a dog would," Zato replies as Saji glares at the red-eyed demon before him

"Bastard!" Saji shouts as he rushes Zato. 

with a sigh Zato side step's Saji's attack and puts his foot out, tripping the blonde. As Saji trips, he plummets toward the ground but the moment before he could hit the ground something grabs the collar of his shirt, stopping his decent

"You gotta be more careful. That would have been on nasty fall." Zato states as he pulls on Saji's shirt and makes him stand up again. The way he speaks is very casual as if he's ignoring the fact he's the one who tripped Saji. "Your boss over there might just lose it if the face of her favorite pet got all jacked up," Zato says as he puts a hand on Saji's shoulder and gives the boy a smile that was completely fake, but that smile sent shivers down the young man's spine.

"Anyhow I'm out, thanks again, Asia. I'll see you after school." Zato states as he leaves the room. Leaving everyone within to their own devices.

11