Chapter 3
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CheesePowder

The Bayani - Isaiah

============================================================

Chapter 3

The concept of reincarnation, where if one were to die and met certain conditions, one can be born again in the world or another with or without his memories.

It was a beautiful idea as it also meant that what awaits us in the afterlife isn't judgment but rather the chance to relive life once again.

Yet such a thought could only be labeled as fantasy, just one's imagination.

And Isaiah knew this, no one really knows what happens after we die, but Isaiah wholeheartedly believes that the afterlife is either Heaven or hell.

Yet he was no where near Heaven or hell, in fact, he didn't even know where he was.

'I died right?'

He remembered the sudden burst of pain when inside the violently shaking cabin and when it finally hit the water.

There was no way he survived despite the fact that plane crashes have low mortality rates. 

'None of them should as well, yet... What is this?'

The food, the room, Senki... So many weird things happening.

Why was he alive?

No, was he the only one alive?

Deep in thought, Isaiah tried to remember what happened.

'There can only be three scenarios...'

1 - He actually survived and that this is some kind of government conspiracy or something along the lines.

2 - He was just dreaming.

And 3 - He was... 'Isekaid'

...

....

Isaiah's mind ached as he thought of what could've happened and what had happened, why he has weird feelings, weird thoughts. It was all very strange.

Isaiah began wiping his face hard, a habit of his whenever he was in a pinch.

'First of, if this is scene 1 I could just play along and see what this all is, it does seem cool government conspiracies and stuff. If it was scene 2 then that'll be alright, yet... This feels too real to be either, so the most likely...'

"Pffft" Isaiah facepalmed himself.

'Isekaid? Surely not.'

Well, the Isekai genre had been gaining popularity this past couple of months and Isaiah by chance decided to read a few of them, the concept was very interesting and it was a good read but that was just it.

And having read a lot of books about the genre, it could explain as to why Isaiah had some weird thoughts concerning magic and heroism in his mind.

Isaiah scratched his chin.

'For now, I have just to play along and see what this might be, it'll be fun anyway. Next...'

Isaiah focused his attention on the small orange tab located just at the corner of his eyes and as soon as he did, his eyes nearly popped-out in sheer shock.

For what he was seeing was not the room, but rather...

'A stat page?!'

A clear and transparent status page one can normally find in a game appeared before him.

===================================

Name: Isaiah

Level: 14

HP: 1,448

MP: 362

STR: 24

INT: 24

AGI: 74

Abilities (Passive)

Blue Stat (LVL 2)

Mana Manipulation (LVL 1)

Skills (Active)

Manipulation Magic

Electric Magic

Taming (LVL 1)

==================================

Thud thud, thud thud

Isaiah's heart thumped loudly, sweat poured out of his head as a wave of chill crept throughout his entire body.

'Ano to?' (What's this) Isaiah asked, unbelieving.

The status page blinked once to prove its authenticity.

'No no... I must be dreaming, yes... I am just seeing things.' He chuckled nervously.

Blink blink.

Yet it still remained.

Isaiah decided to rub both his eyes.

It went nowhere and continued blinking

This time, Isaiah poked both his eyes thinking this could be some kind of lenses or something, but apart from the stinging feeling in his eye, nothing changed.

'No no no no.'

It kept floating in his peripheral vision.

'So... This is real, huh.' Isaiah's breathing intensified as excitement rose from his face.

Thud thud, thud thud

Isaiah grasped his heart and calmed himself.

'This, this is a miracle...' But Isaiah shook his head. 'No no, buang kang dakoa ka... Peke to, guniguni lang ito.' (You crazy huge guy, this is fake, this is all your imagination)

Gulp.

'Right, it's all a dream...' Isaiah wiped his forehead. 'But how do I clos-'

As soon as Isaiah wanted it gone, it just disappeared.

'Hala! [1]... San na yun?' (Where is it?)

Left-right, Isaiah's eyes darted everywhere but to no avail, his heart started racing as his mind quickly searched for a way to bring it back up.

'Open? Menu? Oi! Status.'

With a beep, it came back as soon as Isaiah willed it.

===================================

Name: Isaiah

Level: 14

HP: 1,448

MP: 362

STR: 24

INT: 24

AGI: 74

Abilities (Passive)

Blue Stat (LVL 2)

Mana Manipulation (LVL 1)

Skills (Active)

Manipulation Magic 

Electric Magic

Taming (LVL 1)

==================================

Isaiah sighed in relief.

...

"Nyehehehe." A massive grin floated towards his lips.

"Hehehehehehe" Isaiah laughed softly.

'This... This is true. No wonder why.' Isaiah mulled over the fact that he could recall 'lessons' on magic and the likes despite having never made research about the matter. Almost as if his mind was preloaded with the knowledge to help him out.

This greatly bothered him as it meant that his mind was tampered with, but he was not complaining yet as anything that can help him out would be more than welcome.

Isaiah then closely examined the near-empty page. It was simple in its information, not too much not too many as well. Though it did lack certain parts like job, class, and well other status points.

But that doesn't matter, for now, Isaiah has to know how this works first and foremost, also to check what his skills are.

'Cause if this is real, then this will be really epic.'

Already, Isaiah could see himself climbing the tallest mountain, defeating the dragon to save a princess, and fulfilling all of his boyish fantasies. His cheeks went red from the prospect of going on an adventure.

'No no... Focus, what if you have bad skills?' Grin. 'But I'm the main character of this story... Bad skills? Pfft.'

Well then... Isaiah then adjusted himself to get comfier in his futon before he began to check how this all works.

'So... This is all thought-based huh. It is sad however that I don't really have a wide array of skills but...'

*beep* [Blue Stat - +4 INT points per level up (+5 points)]

Nods of approval.

'As I thought, it really does work just by thinking about it... Now then, with this stat, it does seem pretty explanatory 5 points per level up.' Scratch chin 'It does seem overpowered if I think about it. Though what will change if I get more INT points...'

*beep* [Mana Manipulation - Increase mana manipulation capabilities by 1% depending on the MP stat]

' I don't know... Huh?' Isaiah scratched his head but decided to move on.

*beep* [Manipulation - Manipulation of all elements]

'Huh. Again with these manipulations, I wonder...'

*beep* [Electric - Electric magic capable]

'So my element in magic is electricity huh? That's cool, though about that manipulation thing.'

*beep* [Taming - Ability to tame monsters.]

'Self-explanatory, I thought it had some cool aspect or something.'

Isaiah double checked the stats before continuing.

'Now then...' Isaiah stretched both his hands, 'how do I use magic?'

...

It was easier said than done.

Isaiah opened his palm and began examining them when small sparks of lightning came out of nowhere.

'Ohh, hay! Woah!... No way, hala! Hala! Hala! Paano?' (How?)

Thud thud, thud thud...

Countless thoughts raced into Isaiah's mind as he tried to figure out how did he do just that when an idea came to mind.

'To think may powers ako... Wow. Okay, okay... Kalma lang Isaiah' (To think I have superpowers. Wow. okay, okay, calm down Isaiah.)

"Okay... Deep breaths."

With the 'pre-downloaded' information he had received, Isaiah began searching anything related to magic, and he found what he wanted.

Apparently, there is an organ inside one's body which naturally stores mana that resides in the air, if one has an affinity to certain magic, he/she can call on to that mana to create the desired magic simply by chanting or those who are truly special, by willing it.

Isaiah then tried to follow that advice, as he had no idea how to use magic and was shy on chanting thinking it might disturb someone, and thus Isaiah tried to will it to existence.

'In most manga, I've seen, as long as you have a powerful image you can sometimes use magic without chanting.'

Then, it hit him that he was inside a room and that the only thing Isaiah could think of when using electricity is those tesla coils.

Fearing for the safety of the people in the house, Isaiah began looking around.

'Good no metals, but the house is made of flammable materials though.'

A crisis then came into his head.

Should he risk it all or should he play it safe? Such a thought plague his mind

If he failed on controlling his magic, he could burn the whole house down, but on the other hand, he was too excited to pass the opportunity.

Isaiah began wiping his head again as he thought and thought until he got to a decision.

'Tomorrow nalang.' (I'll do it tomorrow)

Isaiah sighed heavily as a grin crept to his lips.

'Tomorrow's gonna be fun... I should ask Senki or Yumi where I can try my magic out.'

"Good night." Isaiah yawned as he stretched his hand.

Closing his eyes, his face happy, Isaiah tried to sleep but to no avail.

The excitement did fill him entirely, and it was almost impossible to sleep when tomorrow would be one fulling day.

For how long has it been?

Isaiah simply closed his eyes.

The night drag on as the ambient noises outside was now silent, signaling that it was already past midnight, yet Isaiah still has to close his eyes.

'Tsk... How.'

Isaiah tried to think of ways to make him sleep.

'Maybe counting works.' Isaiah thought as he remembered Yumi fluffy tails and ears.

'1 tenko, 2 tenko, 3 tenkos, 4 tenkos...' [2]

Not too long later, Isaiah fell asleep, his mind full of tenkos and his face resting easily. Tomorrow would be an exciting day.

-

Senki has just finished sending the dishes towards the kitchen to be cleaned by the maids, as she was heading back towards her room, she happened to pass by the family ancestral shrine and her father sat crosslegged in there, rubbing his chin seemingly drowned by his own thoughts.

Despite being busy, the lightly haired, large man noticed his daughter passing by and quickly called her.

"Yes, oto-san."

"How was he?" He asked.

"He is recovering well, father, I expect him to be present tomorrow." Came the polite answer.

Nod. That was the only reply.

"Is there anything else, father?"

"Keep up the good work, that is all." With a wave of his hand, he dismissed her and Senki bowed before leaving for her room.

The Oji clan was a small clan with him, Oji Koda as its head and founder. Despite the clan's size, Koda's ambition was as wide as the sky and he dreamed of one day becoming a lord regent or regional daimyo.

 'If not me, then my children.' He would oftentimes say to his wife.

Having won the Samurai title about thirty years ago after a battle, he now lorded over a small fishing village east of the empire and was able to marry a beautiful woman, yet he wasn't blessed with a son. But that didn't stop Koda from dreaming big, for now as they say 'to climb a mountain one must take one step at a time'. His daughters may have little chance of earning achievements but that won't matter, there are still other ways. Though now, an unexpected opportunity came for him.

'That human. If he could use magic, he would serve our family greatly.' He thought.

Long ago, after defeating twenty-five men in a battle, he got the daimyo's attention and was subsequently promoted, and thus he was where he is now his first step, and soon, he will be taking another step, to greatness!

"To greatness!"

He stretched his hand, as if holding a cup of wine, as he presented it to the family ancestral shrine before drinking nothing.

'To greatness. Thank the gods for this wonderful opportunity!'

Chapter 3 Fin...

============================================================

Vocabulary or somethin...

[1] Hala is more of like Oi! It is just an exclamatory expression

[2] Another word for saying Kitsune or fox-men. I don't know if that's a real term or not but my friend told me so and I believe him. Blame him not me if there is any problem.

1