Chapter 53: Two Versus Six
513 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Villin and Amelia first properly prepared for combat. Villin cast the wandless version of ‘Reverto’ which caused a layer of see-through blue mist to appear around him, then he also cast his newly learned ‘Sheldium’ spell causing a very faint translucent barrier to appear on his body.

Both of these spells remained on his body and didn’t need to be supplied with any additional magic energy. As for Amelia, after casting a spell of which the purpose was unknown, Villin also saw her grabbing two pills and swallowing them.

They nodded at each other and started sprinting through the hallway, now that the danger was clearer Amelia became more serious and Villin noticed she didn’t seem to run out of breath whatsoever. Villin assumed this was because of a gene solution and had to ask her to pause when they had about a hundred meters left to go.

If there was anyone within the final hallway they had to pass or even within the classroom, Villin wanted to make sure he was in a good condition to fight them.

After the two minutes of rest, the ground has stopped shaking, this warned Villin and Amelia that the main bulk of the enemy force had probably already entered.

Villin and Amelia made their final dash of a hundred meters, but halfway through they saw a person come out of a corridor further down the hallway, both of them immediately raised their wands and prepared to fire but Villin recognized the figure.

“Pierson?”

He recognized the cocky boy from class A and was about to lower his wand when more figures came into sight. Pierson was first followed by a few other students from class A, this wasn’t a problem until two other people followed them, both of them in green robes.

Amelia was the first one to cast a spell, sending a red streak toward Pierson who was the first to appear, but the boy managed to block in time.

Villin cursed inwardly, it seemed they had some traitors amongst them, he ignored he was half a traitor himself as he cursed these people. They were up against six others right now, the three class A students apart from Pierson should all be in their second year, and as for the two students of ‘Decorus’ they might be of the second or even third grade in their respective school.

The duo knew there was no path of retreat, the doors next to them were locked and even for Amelia it would take a while to break through and as for heading into another corridor, to do that they would have to run back fifty meters.

The enemies were a hundred meters away making it so that they were both the exact same distance away from the magic array classroom.

After Amelia’s first spell had failed there seemed to be an extended moment of silence. Both parties just looked at each other for a moment before all hell broke loose.

Villin took a step forward and Amelia took a step back as they prepared to receive the incoming fire. In the first instance, four attacks got sent their way, this was enough for Villin to determine these people were quick at casting but not combat.

Two of the spells were relatively fast but completely missed the mark, hitting the walls beside them, as for the two other ones, they were simply too slow. It took over two seconds for the spells to arrive which was plenty of time to dodge. The only two enemies who hadn’t cast a spell yet were those from ‘Decorus’. For two full seconds, they incantated a spell before casting it fully.

This time no streak came out of the wands as they pointed them at the walls behind Villin and Amelia. The wall crackled and the stones moved as they, at first, seemed to fall to the ground leaving two big piles of bricks. But just a moment later the bricks moved again as they formed a two-meter tall humanoid shape.

Amelia immediately turned to deal with them doubling the pressure on Villin, luckily he saw the two green-robed individuals turned the corner again, it seemed like the spell took nearly all of their magical energy at least.

This left Villin against four other students from there school, he would have to defeat them and hope Amelia didn’t fall before he did so.

He immediately took a few steps forward giving Amelia a bit more space to move before he began casting spells. He could no longer dodge any of the enemies’ spells because they might hit Amelia, this meant he had to try and stay on the offensive.

For the first two dozen seconds spells simply flew back and forwards, Villin decided to allow some of the spells to hit his ‘Reverto’ shield, which would increase the pressure on the enemy team but the problem was that it wasn’t enough. Even though he was clearly more skilled, the enemy had four people who could use a blocking spell at any time, letting the other three continue their attack.

Villin also couldn’t ignore the panting of Amelia behind him, she was most certainly hurt and probably wouldn’t be able to keep going for much longer.

With this in mind, he used one of his saved spells.

It was done in the middle of a somewhat beautiful combo. Villin allowed one of the spells to hit his Reverto shield while sending out a Drowse spell at the same time, causing the two spells to go out at the same time, then when these two started moving side-by-side toward the middlemost enemy he pointed his glove forward and used his saved fireball spell.

The temperature in the corridor immediately increased by several degrees as a ball of fire appeared within Villin’s glove. Villin had expected the ball to be shot forward since he hadn’t tested the wandless version of the spell yet but quickly recovered as he was forced to change his plan, there was no way he would be able to throw the fireball all the way to their enemies so he swiftly turned around and threw the fireball right into the torso of one of the golems that were attacking Amelia.

17