Chapter 15 – Hallow Fiend’s Weaknesses
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's going on? Why do they look like your friends?" Ducky blurted out as she pointed at the four dark figures and looked at Zero300.

 

"I-I don't know...what did you do to them?" Zero300 stammered as he too could not believe what he was seeing.

 

The Hallow Fiend parted her lips slightly in a creepy smile and explained. "It's nothing much really. Just a little tweak to their spirits and they become something new and different."

 

"Turn them back!" Zero300 snapped as anger built up within him. Not only did the black-haired demon kill his friends, but she also had the audacity to raise them from the dead and turn them against him and the other Scribblers.

 

"Oh, now that's impossible. After all...they're dead." The black-haired demon chuckled. "If I were to turn them back, then they would be nothing but cold slabs of rotten flesh."

 

"Then, release their spirits! You monster, let them go!" Ispheria clenched her fists too as she roared at the black-haired demon.

 

The demon noticed the dark power manifested within Ispheria and smirked. "No."

 

"You bastard!" Ispheria activated her ability and summoned her Death Knight avatar, but this time in Offensive Stance. She was just about to attack the Hallow Fiend when her Death Knight froze in mid-lunge. "What did you do to me?"

 

"Well, I noticed that you had a demonic feeling within you. Your skill is a mixture of unholy and demonic powers. I'm the Hallow Fiend - ruler of a thousand demons! I can control any low-leveled demonic magic at will...and that kind of temptation is too irresistible." The black-haired demon raised her hand up, causing Ispheria's Death Knight to stiffen.

 

"Y-You! Unhand my Death Knight!" Ispheria could do nothing but helplessly watch.

 

"Mmm...no." The Hallow Fiend jerked her wrist sideways and directed the possessed Death Knight to attack.

 

Ispheria couldn't control or unsummon her Death Knight. She watched in horror as the avatar turned sharply and aimed a powerful blow at the nearest Scribbler - Ducky.

 

Caught off guard, the young Scribbler had her body cleaved in half by the Death Knight's sharp blade. Ducky gaped in pain and shock before her life source extinguished and she collapsed dead on the ground.

 

Ispheria struggled fiercely to forcefully deactivate the Death Knight. But the Hallow Fiend severed Ispheria's connection with the Death Knight, causing the Scribbler to keel over into unconsciousness from the backlash.

 

As the dead Scribbler collapsed onto the ground, the Hallow Fiend snatched away her Creativity Core and consumed it. In less than a second, she grabbed onto Ducky's corpse and drained all of its vitality.

 

"Ducky! Ispheria!" Nyanko cried out as her eyes flashed with anger and grief. "You'll pay for this!"

 

The clawed young woman lunged at the Hallow Fiend, intending on lacerating her face into a bloody pulp when the possessed Death Knight rushed over and blocked the attack. The two began a series of fierce attacks as they battled it out for supremacy.

 

Zero300 rushed out and took the lead. "HF! Attack the Hallow Fiend! Disrupt her flow and end her control over the Death Knight! Ace, check on Ispheria and guard her until she wakes up."

 

"Got it!" HF ordered his Herculean Fencers to charge towards the elder demon.

 

"On my way!" Ace nodded as he made his way before Ispheria.

 

The Scribbler knelt down on one knee and checked his comrade's condition. Upon confirming that she wasn't hurt seriously, Ace turned his attention to the Hallow Fiend who was busy dealing with HF's Herculean Fencers.

 

Zero300 glanced over towards Bramblina's location and hollered. "Hyde? You recovered? We need some rage over here!"

 

"And rage you got!" Hyde roared as he burst out of Bramblina's thorny barricade and reinforced HF's summons.

 

"Death!" Ace called out. "Can you summon a ghost to try and take over the Death Knight's body?"

 

"No problem!" Death nodded as he tapped the ground with his staff.

 

Creativity surged through Death's staff once more and drew out a tough spirit. The phantom phased into the Death Knight's body and struggled to take over. However, the black-haired demon's possession over the avatar was too powerful and the struggle ended in Death's failure.

 

Upon seeing the failed attempt, Alverost encouraged Death. "Keep going! Ace and I will provide backup for Nyanko! We need to wear the Death Knight down in order to break the Hallow Fiend's connection over it!"

 

"Got it!" Ace confirmed as he brought out desert eagle and dashed into the raging confrontation. Alverost pulled out dual pistols and directed a barrage of bullets at the Death Knight.

 

"Bramblina! I need you to try and restrain that Hallow Fiend!" Zero300 urged as he started buffing his friends. "Activate! <<All Things Add 300>>, increase everyone's strength and speed by 300%!"

 

Bramblina waved her hands about and summoned many large thorny vines that whipped and slithered towards the black-haired demon. As the vines wrapped around the Hallow Fiend, Ispheria woke from her unconsciousness.

 

Without the need to protect Ispheria, Ace took the time to study the demon. The demon looked familiar, but he couldn't remember where he had seen her.

 

Suddenly, he remembered something from one of the reading sessions he would do from time to time. It was a book on satanic mythology. In the book, he recalled that there was an excerpt on the Hallow Fiend.

 

Ace racked his memories a bit before remembering what he had read. There was a weakness! Enlightened by his findings, Ace exclaimed to Alverost and Zero300.

 

"Guys, I remembered something! I think I know what the Hallow Fiend's weaknesses are." Ace exclaimed, drawing the Scribblers' attention.

 

"Really? How do we kill this motherfucker?" Alverost grumbled as he glared at the Hallow Fiend.

 

"W-We can't kill him...but we can seal him like how he was sealed previously." Ace retorted.

 

"How so?" Ispheria asked slowly as she checked her body for injuries.

 

"According to my knowledge, we need the powers of the Twelve Saints in order to form a formation and seal the demon." Ace explained slowly.

 

"Twelve Saints? Catholic saints?" Zero300 inquired suddenly.

 

"Y-Yes, I believe so. Why?" Surprised that Zero300 knew something before he finished explaining everything, Ace looked towards the young Scribbler in a new light.

 

"Damn it. Don't you know what today is?" Zero300 scratched his black hair in frustration.

 

"Uh...Halloween?" Alverost interjected.

 

"Better known as All Hallows Eve or All Saints Eve." Zero300 explained with a subtle eye-roll.

 

"What about it?" Ispheria asked.

 

"During this day, all of the saints in the Catholic religion have entered the cycle of reincarnation and won't be present until their rebirth tomorrow." Zero300 sighed with regret.

 

"What? Ace, how long do we have till midnight?" Ispheria turned to the young man since he always carried around a wristwatch.

 

"We still have about an hour." Ace glanced at his watch and jotted down the time.

 

"Shit!" Ispheria cursed. "What should we do?"

 

Zero300 rubbed his chin while he thought of a solution. "Ace, what were the powers of the Twelve Saints? Do you remember?"

 

"What are you trying to do? Could it be...." Alverost trailed off as if realizing Zero300's intentions.

 

Zero300 nodded as to confirm Alverost's suspicions. "Yes. I want to see if we can use the powers of our members as alternatives."

 

"That may work. Ace, tell us who the Twelve Saints were and what were their powers." Ispheria replied.

 

Special shoutout to @Alverost, @Ispheria, @Ace_Arriande, @ducky, and @Nyanko

1