Chapter 16 – The Twelve New Saints
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Twelve Saints included Saint Benedict the Invulnerable, Saint Boniface the Strong, Saint Anthony the Prophet, Saintess Theresa the Psychic, Saint Joseph the Levitator, Saint Pio the Healer, Saint Gerard the Gemini, Saintess Margaret the Dragon Slayer, Saint Christopher the Wolf Giant, Saint Columbanus the Beast Master, Saintess Christina the Astonishing, and Saint Vincent the Resurrector." Ace tapped his forehead as he thought long and hard. "Right off the bat, we could have Hyde represent Saint Benedict as both of them have strong powerful bodies."

"Okay. We can work with that. What about the other eleven?" Alverost nodded as he acknowledged Ace's reasoning.

 

"Hmm, let me think." Ace muttered but just as he was about to think of something, a scream burst out.

 

The four Scribblers looked up and saw the Hallow Fiend rip apart one of HF's Herculean Fencers. They could see that most of the other Scribblers have been worn down and were burdened with fatigue. Fearing that the situation could worsen anytime, Zero300 held up his arms and provided some powerful but risky buffs.

 

"Activate! <<All Things Add 300>>, vitality increase by 300%! <<All Things Must End>>, all fatigue turn to zero!" Zero roared as a huge surge of Creativity escaped from his body, leaving him dizzy and falling to his knees.

 

By activating these boosts, Zero300 was able to increase everyone's current health, preventing them from reaching dangerously low levels. In addition, all of their fatigue disappeared giving them energy to continue fighting. However, the Creativity consumption took out nearly two-thirds of his reserves.

 

"Zero300! Are you alright?" Ispheria approached Zero300 and helped him up.

 

"I-I'm fine. Just used a little too much Creativity. I need a few minutes to catch my breath." Zero300 waved dismissively.

 

"Alright, you stay here and recover. Ispheria, you stay as well. We will join the others." Alverost pulled Ace with him as they joined the battle.

 

As Alverost rushed to fight the Death Knight, Ace turned his attention towards the Hallow Fiend. The young Scribbler sheathed his desert eagle and pulled out a SMG from who knows where.

 

"Ispheria, help me think. Who else can represent the Twelve Saints? We already have Hyde for Saint Benedict." Zero300 glanced at the young Scribbler who was deep in thought.

 

"Of the people present, I think Bluebery can be Saint Pio since she has a lot of healing and support capabilities." Ispheria began. "And I think FriendlyDragon can represent Saint Joseph since they both can fly."

 

"True." Zero300 nodded in agreement. "I think Dem can represent Saint Boniface. He's strong with his demonic possession. As for Saint Columbanus, maybe Nyanko?"

 

"Nyanko seems like the choice to go. Saint Columbanus is a beast master so I assume he has abilities related to his beast companions. That's something like Nyanko if I do say so myself." Ispheria concurred. "Graspier can represent Saintess Theresa. His Creative Skill is kind of like a psychic ability."

 

"Okay. I think Riese should represent Saint Christopher. They're both capable of becoming giants." Zero300 reasoned.

 

"It would have been nice if Res was here to take on the role of Saint Vincent, but...oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" Ispheria began but realized that bringing up one of Zero300's dead friends might be too sensitive of a topic.

 

"It's fine." Zero300 stiffened a bit before shaking his head. "No need to worry about me. Let's just survive this ordeal. What were you going to say?"

 

"I was thinking of using Death instead." Ispheria muttered embarrassingly.

 

"Okay, we can go with that." Zero300 nodded. "What's left? Who are we missing?"

 

"We still have Saint Anthony, Saint Gerard, Saintess Margaret, and Saintess Christina." Ispheria recalled. "Of the people here, there's still you, me, Ace, Alverost, Clone3, Gem, King, Bramblina, and HF left."

 

"Saintess Christina was known as 'The Astonishing'. I believe we can interpret that as her being good at everything and I believe Ace might fit the role nicely." Zero300 reasoned while Ispheria nodded in agreement.

 

"Yea, this is a stretch but Saint Anthony is a prophet. Prophets can see into the future. And the future deals with time. And since time is involved, we could have Alverost represent Saint Anthony." Ispheria pointed out.

 

"I'm cool with that. Saint Gerard represents the 'Gemini'. Now, I wanted to use both Dem and Gem for this role, but Dem is already representing Saint Boniface. We could go for Clone3 instead." Zero300 replied.

 

"Okay. All that's left is Saintess Margaret the Dragon Slayer. Who is a good choice?" Ispheria asked.

 

"I think you would make a good choice. You have your <<Death Knight>> skill. A Death Knight is considered a powerful being who could possibly take on a dragon." Zero300 explained.

 

"Me? I can't. I can't even take back control of my Death Knight, how can I represent Saintess Margaret? Even if we regain control of my avatar, I'm afraid the demon might take control of it again during the sealing process." Ispheria shook her head fervently.

 

"No worries. We don't need you to bring out your Death Knight. We just need you to send out some of your Creativity. That's all." Zero300 encouraged. "You can do it. Believe in yourself."

 

Ispheria looked at Zero300 for a few seconds before finally conceding. "Alright. Let's do this."

 

"That's the spirit! Okay, I'll let everyone know on this end. You go try and get the others outside. Hopefully, they've dealt with that demon on their end already." Zero300 concluded.

 

"Okay!" Ispheria hopped to her feet and rushed towards a window. However, just as she peeked outside, she couldn't help but curse. "What the actual fuck happened!?"

 

Special shoutout to @Ace_Arriande, @Alverost, @Ispheria, @Bluebery, @Nyanko, @Riese, @FriendlyDragon, and @Graspier

1