Chapter 3: Spending time in the house
5.1k 15 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two thousand years ago. There was a being, so terrifying, that even the Gods would fear him.

That being, was known as the Abyssal Lord, the ruler of all monsters, and their creator as well.

Huh, this seems generic. Lemme guess, the Gods called upon a hero or something?

In order to counteract with the Abyssal Lord and his forces, the Gods decided to select a chosen few from another world, and brought them into our world.

Yep, called it.

Those chosen few, were addressed accordingly to their titles: The Hero, The Saint, The Sage, The Blademaster, The Defender, The Bowmaster, The Shadower, and finally, The Necromancer.

These brave warriors of the Gods, fought along side with the Six Great Races of the world, against the Abyssal Lord and his army, defeating him in the end.

Six Great Races, huh? I'm guessing they're Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Beastkins, Demons, and possibly, Dragons???

After the battle, known as The End War, these braves set out separately throughout the world, continuing their jobs as the Braves, instead of returning to their world.

No. They just can't go back, can they?

Their valiant deeds, were recorded in history. Their strength and will, were passed down to their descendants. Their legends, inspired others to achieve the same or similar heroic deeds.

"And that is the story of The Eight Braves who saved the world. What did you think, Mercedes?"

Cliche. It's too cliche, brother! Except for the "Abyssal Lord" guy, it's basically the same setting of any generic isekai!

"Is okay... I hab heard better from Savrina."

"Hahaha! So you're a critique now, huh?"

"Big brotha, wat do yu think?"

"Well, like most people, I think it's great. I mean... it did inspired me to train with the sword."

Soooo, you wanna be a hero, huh? Good luck with that, bro! You'll need it.

Some time in the morning, I was watching my brother, Frederick, training with in the courtyard with my father, while I sat on a bench and ate some chocolate I got from Sabrina. Apparently, the maids would often take a detour during their work, in order to get a glimpse at their hot and sweaty bodies.

Those thirsty hoes... stay away from my family! Father has mother. And as for brother, I don't know, he probably has a girlfriend with how dashing he is.

In other words, begone thots!

Also, I have realised while spectating them, that my father and brother are really skilled with the blade.

They've mastered it, alright. Now, let it all out! Release thy Bankai!

After their training, father whispered something into brother's ear, which he then gave a serious nod in response and headed towards me.

"Something is up" is what I thought while bathing with my brother. And that suspicion further increased when I asked him about, what they were whispering about earlier, who replied with "Nothing." while sweating a lot as I glared at him, before licking his sweat.

This taste, is the taste of a liar. Just what are you hiding, big brother?

Done with the bath, brother dresses himself while Sabrina, who was waiting in the changing room, dresses me. Brother then carries me to the study, where he proceeded to read me a picture book. Which is where we're at now.

Additionally, I've learned that not everyone in the house is attracted to my father and brother. Sabrina is one of them, the Head Maid is another.

"So Mercedes, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Wait wait wait, you're asking an infant that sort of question now? Really!? What, you want me to say Hero or something?

"Hmmmmm..... I wanna ve lik mummy."

"Is that so? Then I'm sure you will."

Yes, that is what I want. To be a thicc chocolate waifu, while also living a safe life in the Capital.

No way am I gonna be a hero, or adventurer, or something like that. Although I should learn some magic, as it exist in this world. And possibly some swordsmanship, to protect myself.

You see, I am not an idiot.

If an evil dragon, or some other big bad monster attacks the Capital, my response is to straight up run, not fight. Like hell am I gonna battle that type of enemy. It'll kill me in an instant! I'm gonna run instead, and if there's no other choice, I'll fight it and die with a BANG!

Besides, why would I want to leave the luxurious life I was born in, and deliberately go out into danger? Stay, you isekai protagonists! Nothing's better than safety!

Anyways, it seems like brother has taken out more picture books, which I'm glad he did as although I can understand what they're saying, this world's letters are incomprehensible to me.

I believe I'll have a tutor for that, in the future. But for now, let's gather some more information from these books. Knowledge is power, as they say.

 

"Oh my, look at the time now."

Huh? Oh wow. It's already evening. Time sure flies when you're having fun with your brother.

"It's almost time now, so we have to go. Books will be for another time, okay, Mercedes?"

Wait. Go where? Where are we going!?

Keeping the books back into the shelves, my brother carries me out of the study and walks down the hallway to where the dining area is. Opening the doors gently.

*bang*

"Happy birthday, Mercedes!"

Huh? Wait what?

...

Oh yeah, I totally forgot! Today is my birthday. So that's what brother was hiding from me: a surprise party, planned by everyone.

"Oh. Oh my. What's wrong, sweetie? You're crying."

I-I'm not crying. It's not like I'm happy about the surprise or anything. I'm just not used to these sort of things. Being that I am mostly alone in my previous life. So this is a first for me.

"It's the party poppers, ma'am. The Young Miss was probably scared of it."

No I'm not, Head Maid!

"Ara, is that so. Don't worry, sweetie. Mummy here will console you."

Taking me from brother's arms, it is now my mother carrying me where I can feel the soft sensation of her boobs, while everyone begins the party.

This is great! The food looks delicious. Too bad I can't eat most of them yet. But asides from that, the presents are beautiful; everyone is happy; and I've today that my father and brother can be real comedians when drunk. Parading around the room with a silly dance.

I'll never forget this moment, even after becoming an adult. I'll cherish this moment forever.

And so, a month after my birthday party, I am still playing with my new toys I've gotten from that time. When suddenly, I hear the doors of the main entrance opening.

It must be father. He has come back from his work at the palace. Although early than usual, I got to go greet him. I'm sure it'll make him smile from working endlessly.

"Daddy! Welcome... back?"

However, person in front of me is not my father, but a random stranger with golden blond hair, red eyes, and a van dyke beard on his good looking face. He is about the same height and build as my father, and probably around the same age, wearing a really fancy suit with a really fancy mantle, that has an insignia on it.

Ah, my father is standing behind him. Hold on, that would mean-

"Hohoho. So you're Lucius's daughter, hm? What a cute little girl you are."

He called my father, a Duke, by his name. He is even standing in front of the said Duke, and not beside or behind him.

What's more, that insignia... Isn't that the royal family's crest!? The very one I saw in one of the picture books, which big brother showed me!? In other words, this man is...

"Greetings, little Mercedes. My name is Licht R. Ferashide, the King of this country. Nice to meet you, little one."

His Majesty has appeared!!!

I'll just leave this here. ?

And thanks for reading!

EDIT: The poll is over. School Life genre has been added. And I removed the Fantasy genre to make room for it. (Isekai is already there.)

The heart is down there. Hit it! I'll appreciate it.

147