Chapter 7: The Twins Pt. Finale
4.5k 12 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Lodengrimm estate. All I can say that, it is a huge fucking place. Although, still smaller than the royal palace when compared to it.

The Lodengrimm family even has a branch family, living outside of the Capital. Whereas us, the main family, live here in the city.

As for who the branch family are, they are distant relatives derived from the same bloodline, generations ago. Meaning that even if they call themselves, Lodengrimm. They have almost, absolutely no blood relations to the main family, whatsoever.

Putting that aside, I am now thinking of how am I going to draw the entire estate. While Adrian and Aria are already drawing the property from an outsider's view.

"I can do the same, but..."

...that would be boring to see three of the same view.

Pondering in The Thinker's pose for a moment, an idea pops up in my head. Immediately taking off to where my brother is, for he has a day off today.

"Big brother!"

"Oh. What is it, Mercedes?"

"I want to ask, you can fly using magic, right?"

"Of course! Your big brother is one of the few in this country, who can fly using magic. Even father could not do it."

He pounds his chest proudly. While I grin internally, because a flying mage is what I need right now.

"Then big brother, may I ask you a favour, please~?"

His eyes open wide, probably thinking along the lines of, "My little sister is asking me a favour!? I must fulfill it!!!".

"Anything for my little sister. But is it you need? Is it related to why you asked me, if I can fly earlier?"

"Yup. I want big brother to carry me right above our family's estate, so that I can draw it."

"You're doing another drawing match with His and Her Royal Highness again, aren't you?"

"Uh huh."

Just as I requested, my dearest big brother flies up while carrying me, right above the estate, where I can draw it from a bird's eye view. But before I begin, my eyes laid itself upon the city for the first time.

"Wow."

So that's what it looks like... Amazing.

I have never been outside of the estate yet, for the reason that I am lazy to go out, hahaha...

But looking at it now, I might want to see what life is like in the Capital. I'm sure that will be some dangers, but also some fun in it.

"Hey, now. Focus on your drawing, little sister. My magic is limited, so I can't fly forever, you know."

Oh right. Gotta get to drawing now.

Because as brother had said, I was only able to draw the outlines of the estate. However, that was enough for me, as I have the rest of the property, still fresh in my head and begin drawing the rest of the details, until the deadline is reached. Stopping all work as me, Adrian, and Aria gathered together in the house, where we show our work to the judge, my brother Frederick.

"These are... amazing! Your Highness have improved really well, since the last six months."

I went to my brother's shoulder, and took a peek at it as well.

Wow, these two really have done something amazing. The details on the place are superb!

Looking at the twins shaking nervously, my brother lays down the works for them to see as well, which they look upon my work in amazement, thinking that they may have lost again.

"Mmmmm... I can't decide. It's a tie."

"Eh?"

"What?"

I agree with him. These two have become brilliant artists, in just the span of six months. They might just surpass me in the future as well.

Hearing the result of the match, the twins jump happily.

"We did it! We did it!"

"We got something that isn't a lost!"

"Yaaay!!!"

"Congratulations, both of you."

"Thank you, big sis!"

"Thank you, big sister!"

???

Sometime in the middle of the night, within a room of the Ferashide royal palace, the twins are lying together on the large bed, unable to sleep however, for they are both thinking about something.

From the moment they were born, Adrian and Aria were treated with lots of love and care by the King, the Queen, their older siblings, and the servants of the palace. To the point of spoiling them.

Growing up, they have learned that no matter what they did to others, they would always get away with it. Even if some of their pranks, which they thought to be harmless, caused serious damage to another, the twins would get a slap on their wrists from their parents, telling them to never do it again.

Because they are young, because they are children, because they are royalty. That is why they believed that, they could not be severely punished by anyone except for their family who are also royalty.

So they play as the good kids, in front of their family. But when they are gone, they became little monsters who did whatever they want.

That is, until they met Mercedes, the daughter of Duke Lodengrimm, a position lower than theirs.

They were baffled. For the first time, there was someone who defied them, there was someone who disrespected them, someone who disregarded their position and spoke to them as an equal.

Not knowing what to do, they could only lash out in anger at Mercedes, their thoughts became irrational when facing against the rational.

And when they lost to Mercedes in the first match, their pride couldn't accept it. Which is why they challenged her again and again, to the point where their pride were completely shattered, after a month.

However, as they were about to give up entirely, Mercedes offered them her knowledge, which they'd shamefully accept.

From there on, their reformation began.

Throughout their six months with Mercedes, they have not only learned art skills, but also patience, resillience, kindness, humility, and more from her.

They've learned about their flaws. They've learned that what they did in the past, were wrong.

However, they have yet to apologise... until now.

"Adrian."

"What?"

"We should say sorry to big sister."

"Yeah... we should say that to everyone else also."

"Tomorrow is big sister's birthday, so we must do it then."

"Yeah, you're right. Because after that, we won't see her again for a while."

In the Kingdom of Ferashide, the children of nobility and royalty, begin their lessons at the age of five. At that time, they will be unable to go out or meet anyone else, unless it is their holiday. In order to not be distracted by other things.

As for their lessons, they will be mainly learning about academics, table manners and social manners. Most cases will include magic, swordsmanship, or both. Taught by either their tutors or by their parents, where nobles would always choose the former as a noble's child being homeschooled, is a sign that the wealth of their family is declining.

That period, will last until they are at the age of twelve, where they are expected to continue their lessons by themselves. Before their coming of age ceremony, at the age of fifteen.

Therefore, on the next day in the morning, before Mercedes's birthday party started in the afternoon, the twins brought her to a corner to apologise privately.

"We're sorry!" they lowered their heads.

"For what?" Mercedes asked.

"We're sorry for being rude to you, half a year ago."

"We know that it's late but, please accept our sorry."

"It's called an apology, you two. Use that word next time. And also..."

Mercedes hugs the both of them with warm embrace.

"I accept your apology. Because you were sincere about it. However..."

Lifting their heads up, Mercedes flicks her fingers at their foreheads.

"Never lower your heads to anyone! Despite your past behaviour, you two are still royalty and doing such a thing is an insult to your honor. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes."

"It hurts!!! Her flicks have gotten stronger!"

"Now then, let's go play tag. You two will be the chasers, while I'm the runner, okay?"

"Un!"

After the party, the twins returned home with their father, immediately apologising to everyone whom they have bullied before. Surprising all of the servants within the palace, for they have never thought those words from the twins at all. Creating a historical moment among the palace servants.

A few days later at night, the twins were still not sleeping, or rather, could not sleep. As they are both thinking Mercedes, whom they have not seen for a few days now. Missing her presence, dearly.

Taking out their pencils and sketchbooks, they turned it to the last few pages where it show drawings of Mercedes. Unfinished portraits of her, which they have started some time ago.

Beginning a new work, they closed their eyes to imagine her.

Of the Mercedes now. Of the Mercedes in the future.

That was when the Third Princess Aria wished, that she was born as a boy instead.

And that was when the Fourth Prince Adrian wished, that polygamy is allowed in this country.

"Because only then, we can have her to ourselves."

Thanks for reading! Hope you all are liking it so far.

And here's the chocolate.?

As for those unable to eat it, come and receive my hugs  ?


Like the chapter? Then hit that heart down below! ?

157